First Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
The above deserved it's own post.
OK. So. I took cowgirl's advice and gave it a whirl.
Steve had tossed in a 'Marl 24', and as it was higher mg than the ones I'd got a 5 of (mboro 18) I figured I'd start with it.
3 'drags' later - which were satisfyingly similar to a pull on a cigarette (which was one of my concerns) my mouth tasted like nastiness and I had the front end of a headspin.
So test is good enough to be the same for 'marl' at least - tastes like a smoke. and the 24 may prove to be a lil stronger than i'm used to, so my assumptions on the lower mg will prolly pan out about right for me :)
Now I'm going to go make myself sick trying out a few flavours. (not from the flavours I don't suspect, but from the nicotine).
On second thought, I don't want to crank myself full of nicotene now, so I'll hold off on that, try to eek out the 'surprise' of the new stuff over time.

Again. First time vaping, which after scraping through these forums for about 2 weeks had given me an hopeful vibe, turned out to be better than expected.

Now, I know I'm supposed to be addicted to all the other chemicals in smokes, and over time it may turn out there's still something missing that is more than a temporary mild annoyance, or it may not, but to say I'm 'pleasantly surprised' would be an understatement.

As to any other 'considering' readers who have read about the 'chemical taste' etc.. there is a slight one. it's almost exactly like when I switch brands of cigarette. nothing to worry about.

And for the sake of completeness for anyone 'new' considering, I'll post more here on it later, once I've had more than 3 puffs :p

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
You need to break the atty in to get rid of that other taste, a couple primer puffs usually do the job.
I got a few head spins at first too, not sure if it was no reg cigs or the nic strength but after a few days I can now sit and vape 24mg non stop all day...
Take it easy and adjust and glad to know you're enjoying it :D

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
well, I noticed I'd ordered vanilla in 11mg, so went and tried that. much milder, no nasty taste, well. vanilla taste - no cigarette taste. I'd actually planned on kinda smoking these at work and regulars at home, but I might try and see if I can make a straight switch, see what happens.
Also, I think I got a sig working, so if Steve is cool with it I'll link the generator later. I set the thing to work off midnight however, so it thinks I've skipped 18 already, not 2 :p

Last edited:

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
heh, well I'm a web developer - I whipped it up over the weekend.
The background I hit photoshop and did a quick job of cloning v4l's header - It's not perfect, but close enough for me. The rest of it is completely untested. That is, I think I got all teh math right, but haven't checked my numbers so they may be off.
Due to that it includes a copy of V4L's logo/header, which I assume has some sort of copyright - I was running it by Steve to ensure it was ok to use, but I'm an impatient lil bugger, thus me adding it to mine.

I can give you the generator link, but if Steve has any problems with it, it'll go byebye.

Anyhows, it's at: < well. seems I can't post urls till I've made 15 posts or more. so it'll remain secret for now >

If Steve likes it, and others like it, I may do a lil work on it: background selections, perhaps some different text placements, colour selection, etc, but then again I may leave it exactly as it is :p

I'll put a new thread on that later though, and ask for ideas.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
heh, well I'm a web developer - I whipped it up over the weekend.
The background I hit photoshop and did a quick job of cloning v4l's header - It's not perfect, but close enough for me. The rest of it is completely untested. That is, I think I got all teh math right, but haven't checked my numbers so they may be off.
Due to that it includes a copy of V4L's logo/header, which I assume has some sort of copyright - I was running it by Steve to ensure it was ok to use, but I'm an impatient lil bugger, thus me adding it to mine.

I can give you the generator link, but if Steve has any problems with it, it'll go byebye.

Anyhows, it's at: < well. seems I can't post urls till I've made 15 posts or more. so it'll remain secret for now >

If Steve likes it, and others like it, I may do a lil work on it: background selections, perhaps some different text placements, colour selection, etc, but then again I may leave it exactly as it is :p

I'll put a new thread on that later though, and ask for ideas.

WOW! Gotta have that! Hurry up and post some more! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread