Flue Cured vs. Flue Cured vs. Flue Cured

Status
Not open for further replies.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
I've been comparing two vendors' Flue Cured Tobacco e-liquid: Rocky Mountain Vapor and Liquidxpress. Both of these flavors (both 18mg) are good. I notice that the juice from Liquidxpress has a stronger/deeper flue cured flavor to it. It also seems to be a bit sweeter.

Has anyone within shoutin' distance recently had any Flue Cured from Bestecig? If you did, and if you have experience with the Flue Cured from these other two vendors: how did the Bestecig liquid compare in terms of flavor strength with the others?

(I would be tempted to get 24mg rather than 18mg if I ordered from Bestecig. I suspect it makes the throat hit somewhat stronger, but I'm still new enough to vaping that I haven't yet figured out how higher or lower nic strength affects perception of juice flavor, when you're talking about a 6 mg difference.) (36mg must be enough to send a person into the stratosphere, or vicinity.)

TIA . . .

here ....:D
stratosphere.jpg

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
The Flue Cured from Liquidxpress is a Honey Flue Cured (from what I understand). I have heard its quite good. I have some on order and will post when I get it. My favorite so far has been the Flue Cured from Healthcabin
I can definitely recommend the Flue Cured from Liquidxpress. It's mighty tasty. It seems a bit heavier than the Flue Cured from RMV, which I believe is a Dekang flavor (but I'm not sure about that). The LX F.C. taste seems to last a bit longer in the cart, too (I use a 510). I'd stick with it but right now I'm looking for larger quantities at lower prices per ml. The products from the China suppliers certainly fit that bill.

(Reminds me to go check House of Vapor to see if they are now offering their Gold Label coffee flavor in sizes larger than 10ml. That stuff is a bit pricey at $9 for 10ml. But oh, is it ever tasty. I haven't seen that particular product line anywhere else.)

mycro

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Michigan
If I am not mistaken, the reason your flue cureds are so different from different suppliers even though they all say Dekang..Is that suppliers can contact Dekang ( or other sources) and request alterations in flavor.."Most" don't DIY it once recieved, it's requested at factory level..Take the wide range of RY4 flavors...
Thanks for the explanation RazorNribbonz, no wonder there is wide variation.

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
What is flue cured ive never tried that flavor
First of all the name refers to a particular process for curing tobacco -- if I understood correctly, in rooms where flues are used to direct smoke away from the tobacco during the time that the leaves are being heated. A web search for the term flue cured will turn up sites that discuss the process.

There's a sweetness to it. But it isn't the kind of sweetness you get in flavors like '555' or 'RY4'. I can't think how I'd describe it. All I can say is, I like it. :) If you can find a small quantity of it (you could get 10ml of it from Liquidxpress or others) it would be worth giving a try. I have heard it said that the tobacco flavored e-liquid called 'Virginia' is basically the same flavor as Flue Cured. The one time I tried 'Virginia' I didn't find that to be true at all. (But as with other flavors 'Virgnia' probably varies a lot from vendor to vendor.)

End_User-X

Sep 24, 2009
Louisiana
I got a bottle of flue cured from liquidxpress yesterday. I don't really understand all the people that say it's fantastic, awesome, tasty, etc. I didn't like it that much. It tasted just like the stuff that came pre-loaded in my 901. It did have a mild flavor, and not too harsh though. It'll go in my backup stash. I liked the Taboo (RY4) I got from them a lot better.

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
I got a bottle of flue cured from liquidxpress yesterday. I don't really understand all the people that say it's fantastic, awesome, tasty, etc. I didn't like it that much. It tasted just like the stuff that came pre-loaded in my 901. It did have a mild flavor, and not too harsh though. It'll go in my backup stash. I liked the Taboo (RY4) I got from them a lot better.
I know. I think it's weird it when that happens, too. I've never understood all these people who say they like a flavor when I personally like something else a lot better. I mean, why would they actually like something that's different from what I like? I just don't get that. I mean, especially when they could have fantastic, awesome, or even tasty flavors such as Cheesecake Marinara or Mystery Meat, which are at least like the standard flavors that came with my 801. Plus they post messages about it, which I also don't get.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I got e-mail from Bestecig saying they manufacture their own juice. Hmm. But it's the same? Meaning, Dekang and Bestecig are owned by the same parent company?

I haven't been entirely thrilled by some of the Dekang juices I've been getting lately...

No, bestecig and dekang are not the same. Bestecig manufactures their own, so it's unique. Can't tell you who is selling their juice. It's been a while since I ordered from them (my first e-juice purchase actually) and I was a noob at the time. I remember their flue cured as being okay, but nothing to get super excited about.

--Prof Daffy
P.S. But they do sell 10ml bottles so it's worth sampling a few. Their cola and menthol did leave a lasting impression. Their juice have a very clean taste.

bigozone

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Kentucky
i personally like the bestecig flue cured enough to order a 500ml bottle.

right now i'm vaping
40% flue cured
40% malrboro
05% coffee
15% VG

it's been my daily mix for 2 weeks and i still enjoy it. but i switch to cherry a few times a day.

i would sample a bottle of flue cured if you haven't it's my favorite of the tobacco flavors, i just ran short so i had to mix my last 15ml with marlboro just to tide me thru till my order arrives :)
darn week long chinese holidays. :(

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
I know. I think it's weird it when that happens, too. I've never understood all these people who say they like a flavor when I personally like something else a lot better. I mean, why would they actually like something that's different from what I like? I just don't get that. I mean, especially when they could have fantastic, awesome, or even tasty flavors such as Cheesecake Marinara or Mystery Meat, which are at least like the standard flavors that came with my 801. Plus they post messages about it, which I also don't get.

I agree, everyone should like exactly the same things. Like, food, hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs, fried chicken. Period, end of story. Mexican food is too hot. I was trying to make that (obvious) point to this one lady, and she said to me something like "De gustibus non est disputandum," and, well, I'm not proud of this, but I coldcocked her. I don't know what she meant, since I only like the English language, but I just didn't like her tone if you get my meaning. I think I made my point, but I'm not sure. It didn't come up at the trial.

But seriously, I do love that Flue Cured stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread