Focalecig ... A new Fasttech??

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I am looking at FC's copper version like "hello" :wub: ... :laugh: But I think the one on FC has a coating to prevent patina, which I like, and would want .. but you want to create a patina right??

You can use a acetone bath to take the protective coating off.

I didn't realize it had a coating, in which case, yeah, I'd need to use an abrasive to remove it.

There sure aren't as many choices for button-top batteries compared to flat-top, but at least they are readily available.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I didn't realize it had a coating, in which case, yeah, I'd need to use an abrasive to remove it.

There sure aren't as many choices for button-top batteries compared to flat-top, but at least they are readily available.

AW's are always a good choice .. old reliable :p

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
Over never ordered from fc before add I have had great luck with Fasttech
The thing that stops me is the lack of discussions about the products like the one that goes un the Fasttech forums

So my question... How do you know what's good and what's not

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

Ask away brother. Ask away.

Dhim

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2009
Jersey
Just took a look at the site. They have a 26650 Panzer clone for under $20 shipped, so I had to give it a shot. It is a "group buy" deal so it likely won't ship for at least 5 days, plus the estimated 1-2 weeks to arrive will still put me in the window for a Paypal dispute if needed. At that price it was certainly worth a $20 "risk".

If interested here is the link to the deal: Type focalecig dot com /groupbuy/Panzer-Style26650-Mechanical-ModSilver-19086 <- The reason I'm doing it in this format is because the automatic link redirect from ecf is taking to a error page. I'm not trying to skate around the ECF affiliate linking here, it's just not working properly on the domain.

EDIT: Mods, if you see this please check into why when I paste the link properly, its redirecting to a error as seen here: http://focalecig.com/groupbuy/Panzer-Style26650-Mechanical-ModSilver-19086

Last edited:

Laylel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Victoria, BC, CA
Dhim
As far as i know, you do not take any risk in any case. If you unhappy with product, first and last contact Doris. She will solve an issue for you and no pressure needed.
I had few orders with FC. When i canceled item, i got refund within 48 hr on PP account. I did received damaged item and Doris sent me replacement + some sweet freebie within a week after our conversation. Answer for e-mails coming within 24hr (i got answer even on CNY break within 24hr). FC/Doris are very honest with there's customers and do not play games.... "uuuuf 60 days- hi can't open dispute".
FC is reselling company and sometimes they get issued items but it never did effect there's customers, except time waiting for replacement. I do order from them for about 5 months and i'm in this thread for about same time and i never had seen anyone who lost money there.

haku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Madrid, Spain
For the record.
I just received my order with 2 Kuyfuns 12113 and SR brass w/dt. It was very nice of Doris to send it by HK post, so shipping was very fast. Great service as always (have to admit, i didn't ask for it). Thank's Doris.
SR is great, love everything about it. Just need to get use to logo on DT, what gives me a feeling of dirty dt.

Kayfun 12113 is not the same as i got before.
1. Blue cheap screwdriver (not like i care)
2. O-ring on top cup... falling out on one and just stuck on one side of the groove on 2nd.
3. O-ring on base (as you can see on pic)
4. Juice channels way bigger
5. Machining on top cup... on angle...
6. Base doesn't have coil screws, i had to use those what come in kit, and they are round...
7. Treads on top cup are sharp, i cut myself few times...
That's what i just see from the beginning... Anyway it's not the same.
After an hour of fighting it i got it to work. It work great, very tasty atomizer.

But it nothing like one i got from first bunch.
I will keep them as they are, just do not want to bother Doris with it, but be aware of those changes.
View attachment 346086 View attachment 346088

hi, got mine today and it's identical to your two :(
i can live with the small details, but there are two main issues than can make this atty useless.

one is the white silicon o-ring in the base, crossing the juice channels. guess it pretends to improve the seal of the chamber; as it crosses/disturbs the juice channels, they have made them wider and deeper. in my first test, i've kept the o-ring, and haven't noticed wicking problems nor flooding, so this might be ok.

second, a true problem. i can't figure how to solve it. the positive pin is too short, to make proper contact (it was recesed into the 510 connection when opened it), and to keep the positive block in the deck tight. the problem with the pin is usual in the kfl: it's not fully adjustable because it has to keep the + post in the deck tight, and because its position (rotation) affects to the air flow (due to the air hole which is in the pin).
but in this atty version, if you want that it makes proper contact (essential to use it, except if you want it only for a photo), the positive block in the deck gets loose, and this is dangerous because it ruins your build and can provoke a short.
anyway, i'm trying it. it's vaping superb, but leaking like loco via the loosy positive pin (510 conn).
Note: the build that i'm using is the same i'm using in the other version ("tobeco") , micro (or macro) coil and some cotton, successfully (only leaking via air channel when the tank is almost empty).

btw, after reviewing my rbas/rdas, the 4nine would be no so useful. only a few models allow their pin+ to protrude 1-2mm..

Edit: a possible "solution" for the pin making contact is a 4x1mm (or 3x1.5mm, for example) magnet, surrounded by a o-ring (as insulator)

Last edited:

haku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Madrid, Spain
thank you, Corpse.
this model has only a tiny air hole, no air flow control. i'm sliding a thin metal inside that hole, to reach the holes of the pin and push it down while loosening, as suggested..
it worked! earned about 0.2mm, enough to make contact. thanks! :banana:
i saw to someone sliding the screwdriver directly into the pin, trying to pull it down, in a video. but there wasn't enough space to insert a hard tool here.

Laylel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Victoria, BC, CA
haku
I do not have same problem like you do. But have other what isn't good ether.

I just was using one, didn't touch second.
Groove on top cup is to deep, and i can't fix it, i did put 2 o-rings, 1 bigger rubber o-ring, nothing helps, It keeps leaking. Well, i will contact Doris. I got this particular clone for only one reason - no pain in any situation. I will return them. Really for same price get V2 what has good reviews. I know i said i will keep them but the way how they are they not only not good, they are not usable.

Edit: i did try it with o-ring on base, i just got dry hits all the time no matter how much wick i did put. So i checked o-ring and put more wick, it mutes the taste (compere to first bunch B#1). If i put same amount of wick like B#1 it's leaking like crazy. And now i'm fighting o-ring on top cup.

Oh well, i do not worry. I still didn't contact Doris, wanted to give it a try before i cry about it. Gona do it today, i'm sure she will find good solution for this issue.

Last edit: I have a feeling it's absolutely different clone like absolutely. Even machining on hole atty doesn't look the same. I wouldn't be surprised some idiot just was lazy to look for right one and pull what ever from stash. One of my boxes come without sku label, and other looks like taken from somewhere, i didn't mention it before but it was 4 days delay on shipping, that's why i think it's different item.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
focalecig is definitely reputable.

I was upgraded items when they had issues with a supplier without even asking. Doris @ focalecig actually cares about customer satisfaction as well.

That is right! Focalecig is a good vendor, with good quality products .. sure, defective items happen sometimes, or restocking delays, but any issues that may arise are promptly resolved when addressed. Doris is a gem, and she makes Focalecig a pleasure to to do business with.

Now you fivefour, I was going to reprimand you for not posting at least a "hello" for the last couple of days :rules: ... but I forgive now :laugh:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
That's 5am here. You gotta pull out the cork before that. [emoji6]

I can always count you Corpse for a good segue into some off color antics, but again, its too early! You, and Marilyn are throwing my schedule off :laugh:

Speaking of Marilyn ... I know she is busy with home stuff right now, but I am seriously thinking about breaking with her due to neglect! :cry: Blondie needs to make an appearance soon or else I'm going to Iowa! :p

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
hi, got mine today and it's identical to your two :(
i can live with the small details, but there are two main issues than can make this atty useless.

one is the white silicon o-ring in the base, crossing the juice channels. guess it pretends to improve the seal of the chamber; as it crosses/disturbs the juice channels, they have made them wider and deeper. in my first test, i've kept the o-ring, and haven't noticed wicking problems nor flooding, so this might be ok.

second, a true problem. i can't figure how to solve it. the positive pin is too short, to make proper contact (it was recesed into the 510 connection when opened it), and to keep the positive block in the deck tight. the problem with the pin is usual in the kfl: it's not fully adjustable because it has to keep the + post in the deck tight, and because its position (rotation) affects to the air flow (due to the air hole which is in the pin).
but in this atty version, if you want that it makes proper contact (essential to use it, except if you want it only for a photo), the positive block in the deck gets loose, and this is dangerous because it ruins your build and can provoke a short.
anyway, i'm trying it. it's vaping superb, but leaking like loco via the loosy positive pin (510 conn).
Note: the build that i'm using is the same i'm using in the other version ("tobeco") , micro (or macro) coil and some cotton, successfully (only leaking via air channel when the tank is almost empty).

btw, after reviewing my rbas/rdas, the 4nine would be no so useful. only a few models allow their pin+ to protrude 1-2mm..

Edit: a possible "solution" for the pin making contact is a 4x1mm (or 3x1.5mm, for example) magnet, surrounded by a o-ring (as insulator)

Haku, good morning, and thanks for the feedback on your KFL sku 12113 ... I am really bummed out by these changes as Laylel and I both used to speak so highly of this particular KFL, and for good reason because it was excellent.

How crazy is it that when I first reviewed this KFL, I highlighted the very long 510 pin on it, which was only an issue for mods without a adjustable top cap ... now the pin is too short :blink:

The old 510 pin is perfect for use with the 4nine, and is one of only two RBA's that I have which are suitable for use with the 4nine ... I don't understand why these manufacturers would take a perfectly executed KFL, and change it??? Haven't they heard the saying "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it". :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread