For my in law: Mini that looks real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
My in law is now interesting in vaping. But he's totally against anything that doesn't look like a cig. Which is too bad. I explained minis have short charged time, less power and usually don't work spectacularly. Didn't matter. Looks are important to him.
I think the only PV Ive seen thus far that is white/red led is v2 (too expensive) 808s and ones he's seen at the mall stands (over $100 for a kit last I heard).

510 threading would be easiest but not necessary, but it definitely has to be white bat/ red led.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
The Volt at smokeless image is the most popular/impressive among the cig lookalikes. You can get manual white with orange led, or a sealed auto white with orange led.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette

Vaporkings has white with orange LED manual batteries...

http://www.vaporkings.com/Joye-510-electronic-cigarette-kits-and-parts-s/44.htm

Liberty Flights also has white with orange LED manuals or auto's.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=33

Out of all of them, the Volt is probably the best bet.

Last edited:

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
The Volt at smokeless image is the most popular/impressive among the cig lookalikes. You can get manual white with orange led, or a sealed auto white with orange led.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette

Vaporkings has white with orange LED manual batteries...

Joye 510 electronic cigarette kits and parts - Always Genuine Joye 510!

Liberty Flights also has white with orange LED manuals or auto's.

Electronic Cigarette - Batteries - Joye 510

Out of all of them, the Volt is probably the best bet.

Awesome! Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.:)
Didnt remember volt had white/orange(or red). Good to know. If I remember correctly they're 808's?
I might continue to direct him to a 510 offered from one of the other vendors. That way he can pick up Blu carts in a pinch. Although I do plan on showing him how to refill and such. Sometimes he's on the road though and convenience in those situations might be important.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Awesome! Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.:)
Didnt remember volt had white/orange(or red). Good to know. If I remember correctly they're 808's?
I might continue to direct him to a 510 offered from one of the other vendors. That way he can pick up Blu carts in a pinch. Although I do plan on showing him how to refill and such. Sometimes he's on the road though and convenience in those situations might be important.

Here's a whole 510 kit. If you get the white battery is has a red LED. Although the white one only comes in manual...[Joyetech] Joye 510 Starter Kit (Manual/Auto)

EDIT: Ahaaa! Found the perfect thing for your in law! http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=114 Auto battery, white, and a red led. And it's only $30 for the whole kit. $24 after you click the 20% off button in the top left corner.

Last edited:

fieldh0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
South Central Mississippi
Don't forget to remind him of a problem I found with mine. I bought the V2 kit. In it, there is a white batt. with orange led and the carties were all tan, analog, look a likes. When I used these in non smoking areas I had to explain that these were not analogs and it was okay. Now, when I pull out my black rubberized eGo twist with T2 Kanger Clearomizer, if anyone says anything, it's usually "I didn't know they made them like that" or "that smells so good it's making me hungry".

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
Don't forget to remind him of a problem I found with mine. I bought the V2 kit. In it, there is a white batt. with orange led and the carties were all tan, analog, look a likes. When I used these in non smoking areas I had to explain that these were not analogs and it was okay. Now, when I pull out my black rubberized eGo twist with T2 Kanger Clearomizer, if anyone says anything, it's usually "I didn't know they made them like that" or "that smells so good it's making me hungry".

I really did try. He's very old school and worried about what his friends/cousins etc will say.

I also have a white/red v2 kit, and most anti smokers give the same looks. Although I get much more general acceptance with my black 510. I wouldve pointed him to v2, but I think the expense is too much given the kit sizes IMO. Especially since 1/2 my kits carts came with only 1-2 puffs worth of liquid in them before they burned dry.
I'd give it to him, but its my only back ups that I can own until I save up.

When I got my replacement 1000mah pink twist in the mail today he laughed manically at me. I said "I don't have to worry about battery life on our fishing trips!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread