foreign transaction fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Hello, Was charged a foreign transaction fees that kinda set me off in a few ways while ordering from a company that I thought was in the usa that had a different location outside the usa.The bank was bank of america and it was a credit card purchase.One reason is had me alarmed was it was a small seperate charge that could have been a spy charge to see if the card was good so I had to find out(waste of time really)The bank told me it was for a company that was based outside the usa so they had to charge it. Looked into it further and the vendor gets paid is us dollars so it really didn't make any sense to me but a money grab from the credit card company(boa).I called back and they took it off on the first person that answered the phone , so others may want to know its easy to get it taken off.Some say if you paypal this does not happen , have not tried that but will in the future.The product was shipped inside the usa , seems the credit card companies are on a collect at any cost theme.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
I get international transaction fees from Bank of america all the time and I never purchase anything outside of the country, its called a scam :( damn bank is ridiculous.

I agree , scam for sure and will get rid of that credit card the second they either charge it again or charge an annual fee.Got rid of Chase for the same reason and will not think twice even if it hits my credit score( all a pile of junk),

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
I had that happen about 1.5 yrs ago - Was Totally Wicked. Bought a purchase AT their brick/mortar store in Florida too. I hope they've fixed it by now so they're processing through the US but if it was TW that you bought from...guessing not fixed :(

Another vendor who is very nice (not tw), seems to be a bank not vendor thing.Last year chase told me after 25 years had to pay an annual fee , told em to get lost and will do the same again.Had both cards for over 20 years but if the love is not both ways they can take a hike.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Hello , you hit the vendor on the bullseye Billo, it was liberty flights.It wasn't the less than 3 bucks that bothered me just the story of it all.Hope your credit union is not ussa cause that is where I was planing of going if it happens from B.O.A. again.If they just wrapped the fee (upfront)into the total (meaning the bank) it would be ok.Liberty flights is a great company and has nothing to do with the issue.Having to look at charges that seem bogus to me is a pain and feel nickel and dimed to the soup kitchen .I use my cards outside the country or ordering outside and have no issue with that part,but when my card pays is dollars it seems dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread