General Ejuice Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Maybe it's just me but I'm getting kinda frustrated trying to find a decent juice. I've been analog-free now for almost 2 years and it's amazing to see the progress made by the PV makers. I thought the Ego and Riva was wonderful but now with the Provari, Darwin, GG's and others, all I can say is WOW!!! But IMHO the juice folks are lagging way behind. Seems so many vendors just throw together some pv/vg, nic & godawful flavors, advertise about how wonderful it tastes and sell it to suckers like me for some outrageous price. I spend my hard earned money to order some, anxiously await it's arrival and then find it's just as disgusting as the last batch I ordered from a different vendor. Another batch goes on the shelf to collect dust and off I go again searching for another vendor to donate some money to. Maybe part of the problem is that I'm searching for a good menthol with 30 mg of nic and I've tried MANY. I did recently find a Newport juice from an unnamed vendor which I thought was decent. Ordered a 30 ml bottle at first, thought it was OK so I ordered 120 ml. When the 120 ml bottle arrived, it tasted completely different from the 1st bottle. It's now on the shelf collecting dust also. Perhaps I should give up on the menthol and try some other flavors. I don't mind paying for good juice and just wondering if anyone else has been through a similar experience. Any suggestions for really good juices from good consistent vendors? Thanks.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Maybe it's just me but I'm getting kinda frustrated trying to find a decent juice...

Relax - it's all part of the experience, even if it does lighten the wallet somewhat!
I am relatively new to vaping but, so far, have found Madvapes to sell good juices.

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
As always, I suggest Halo juices. I have never found any maker even close to Halo. With that said, what I love, you may hate. Trying different vendors and flavors is part of the process, but I do believe there are some seriously good vendors out there whose mission is to put out a great juice. As this world evolves, the quality juice vendors will prevail.
And I give away the juices that I know I won't use--someone else may love them!

Padishah

Apr 10, 2011
Spokane Wa
This is my single most problem with vaping as my wife reminds me i spent over $500 on vaping last month. ive tried alot of the vendors on the forums ill order a bunch of 5-10 bottle from them find one or two i like and order a larger bottle and it tastes nothing like the smaller bottle. then there are alot of vendors who just make bad juice ive just now delved into the DIY part of my vapor experience and hope that will turn out better but yes i agree there is NO consistancy with any juice vendor i have found yet and out of all the money i have spent on juices i maybe have 50-75 ml of juice i like its very very frustrating

MissP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2011
Land of Southern Belles :)
Granted, I am only 7 weeks into vaping, but I have tried over a dozen juice vendors and multitudes of flavors. Mostly samples and such.. but the one I keep going back to over and over due to the clarity of the flavors, smoothness, packaging (glass bottles with droppers and he tosses in smaller empty plastic bottle for traveling) speed of shipping, and overall customer service is Vermillion River. I have 5 orders thru him, and every order I get two specific flavors that hubby and I use all day, plus I usually get something for inbetween times... and every time, the flavor is consistent and true. Just my two cents...

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Vendors come and go, and your tastes change over the course of time. Have you considered DIY?
Yeah oldsoldier I've considered DIY but vaping seems to take so much of my time already. Not sure if I'm ready to devote more time to making my own juice. Just wish I could find a good juice I like, stock up on it and be set for a while. I don't believe my taste changes that much over time. I smoked the same analog brand for about 20 years until health issues forced me to give em up.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I've gone from sweet to tobacco as faves so many times, I just keep both now. My favorite used to be Ecopure Rich until I vaped it so much I can't touch it anymore. I've found that I enjoy tasting real tobacco over anything else. If it's extracted or uses tobacco absolute, then I'm a fan. I want authentic, not fake. I've found certain companies seem to make flavors perfect for my taste buds. For example, Kick Bass Vapor makes sweet juice that fits my palate perfectly. Want2Vape and Vaperite make tobacco juice that is extracted from the real thing and fantastic.

However, I still have juice that was my fave a few months ago but I haven't touched now. I like it but don't feel like vaping it anymore. I've accepted the fact that sometimes I need to sell or give stuff away I'm not feeling. It seems every few months I find my "all day vape" only for it to change.....

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Haven't you read about steeping yet? 120ml bottles take 3-4 weeks before the flavors blend with the nic. That's when the flavor comes alive.

On any order I place, I put the bottles away for at least 2 weeks before I even try them.

Store the bottles in a cool, dark closet or drawer and forget about them for at least 2 weeks. 60-120ml need at least 3-4 weeks.

Try this method, you might just fall in love with these juices that you think are nasty.

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
As always, I suggest Halo juices. I have never found any maker even close to Halo. With that said, what I love, you may hate. Trying different vendors and flavors is part of the process, but I do believe there are some seriously good vendors out there whose mission is to put out a great juice. As this world evolves, the quality juice vendors will prevail.

I agree 100%.

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Maybe it's just me but I'm getting kinda frustrated trying to find a decent juice. I've been analog-free now for almost 2 years and it's amazing to see the progress made by the PV makers. I thought the Ego and Riva was wonderful but now with the Provari, Darwin, GG's and others, all I can say is WOW!!! But IMHO the juice folks are lagging way behind. Seems so many vendors just throw together some pv/vg, nic & godawful flavors, advertise about how wonderful it tastes and sell it to suckers like me for some outrageous price. I spend my hard earned money to order some, anxiously await it's arrival and then find it's just as disgusting as the last batch I ordered from a different vendor. Another batch goes on the shelf to collect dust and off I go again searching for another vendor to donate some money to. Maybe part of the problem is that I'm searching for a good menthol with 30 mg of nic and I've tried MANY. I did recently find a Newport juice from an unnamed vendor which I thought was decent. Ordered a 30 ml bottle at first, thought it was OK so I ordered 120 ml. When the 120 ml bottle arrived, it tasted completely different from the 1st bottle. It's now on the shelf collecting dust also. Perhaps I should give up on the menthol and try some other flavors. I don't mind paying for good juice and just wondering if anyone else has been through a similar experience. Any suggestions for really good juices from good consistent vendors? Thanks.

I feel like I'm advertising I recommend them so much but to put it into perspective this was the 1st vendor I ordered from and it wasn't until later I realized how lucky I was to have found a vendor I like right off. I do still try other vendors and I found a couple I liked but one I don't like quite as much (but their prices are lower) and the other is a little higher and doesn't offer very much selection in flavors.

My recommendation is DFWVapor not the cheapest but I haven't gotten a single juice I can't stand, I like most of the flavors I've tried and love 4 or 5 of them (keep in mind that due to budget I've only tried about 10 flavors so far). Fair warning about the caramel machiato (in case you try it) it's yummy but it'll take over your atty or carto so give it it's own.

They don't offer samples persay but they do have a sample sized flavor of the month and it's less than $2.00. This month I think it's cholcolate chip cookie.

davedbc

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2011
Madison, WI
Have you re-visited any of the juices now collecting dust? I'm wondering if some of them may have changed through steeping for a bit - espeically those larger bottles that you've ordered. I'm still figuring out things as I go as well (just started my vaping journey on 04-10) but my understanding is that espeically with tobacco flavors - a little time goes a long way.

And while I'm still in the early impressions stage, I'll +1 Vermillion River as well!

Adorable dog btw!

ShannonA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Tyler, Tx
Have you re-visited any of the juices now collecting dust? I'm wondering if some of them may have changed through steeping for a bit - espeically those larger bottles that you've ordered. I'm still figuring out things as I go as well (just started my vaping journey on 04-10) but my understanding is that espeically with tobacco flavors - a little time goes a long way.

And while I'm still in the early impressions stage, I'll +1 Vermillion River as well!

Adorable dog btw!

I do like Vermillion River but they don't have very many flavors. I can vouch for their Cafe Coffee and Caramelized capuccino.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Haven't you read about steeping yet? 120ml bottles take 3-4 weeks before the flavors blend with the nic. That's when the flavor comes alive.

Store the bottles in a cool, dark closet or drawer and forget about them for at least 2 weeks. 60-120ml need at least 3-4 weeks.

I've never found steeping to make that much of a difference really. Plus I guess I don't have much patience. That would be like buying a bottle of Jack Daniels Black Label and then having to wait 3-4 weeks before having a drink. Ain't gonna happen, haha.
Smitty

frew

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
When you find the answer...clue me in. I have ordered small bottles and they were wonderful right out of the mail and then when I've re-ordered, the flavor I like, they had no taste or taste like funky nicotine juice (for want of a better description). I found this has nothing to do with size. I have seen small and big bottles, on reorder, be flavorless. I have gotten odor (say peanut or banana) with no flavor (how's that happen?). I have ordered double flavor and tasted nothing...and yet would find a tiny sample, in the same order, loaded with flavor and sweetness. I have gotten strong perfume smells and flavors (yuck)...how do they even sell those? I am tired of blaming my own tastebuds or steeping. When I get a good made flavor...I reorder it and usually when I first got it...it tasted good right out of the mail...that's why I reordered it! I have seen steeping tone down strong odors and flavors ....but I have never experienced it putting flavor where there is none. What is going on?

Last edited:

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Player, I have tryed Halo and couldn't find the perfect menthol, which I think I'm discovering is one of the hardest juices to find. I haven't tryed the true pure. Does it have a good Th and can you actually feel menthol?

Renro

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
New England
I think a lot depends on the equipment you're using, for me, anything below a true 3.7v under load tastes horrid no matter what juice I use.

If you are ordering fresh juice, like Backwoods Brew, steeping changes everything in a big way, in a seriously big way. (I think he does plain menthol but not %100 sure)

Are you looking for a plain menthol? Freedomsmokesusa's has been consistent.

Both these vendors are stellar, easy to reach and stand completely behind their products.

I hope you find what you are looking for, you've been off tobacco for a while now and finding the right e-juice can make all the difference when you want to stay tobacco-free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread