Not open for further replies.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
Yea, which parts?

The very bottom tiny little o-ring on the positive post really needs vaseline or it's difficult to get the ceramic assembly out of the base.

The tank and tank cap o-rings could use a little vaseline once in a while. Is it getting tight when you hit the o-rings or are the threads tight? If the threads are tight a little vaseline and working them back and forth will get them running nice and smooth in no time.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
It gets tight at the major o-rings, the top of the base where the tank screws onto, and also the top cap with the fat o-ring inside of it. I'll put a little vaseline on each of them and give it a nice turn or two.

Update,

I applied some vaseline onto the o-rings and inside of the tubes/caps where it touches the o-rings. Now it screws and unscrews very nicely without hassle. :vapor:

IMAG0027-1.jpg

Last edited:

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
It gets tight at the major o-rings, the top of the base where the tank screws onto, and also the top cap with the fat o-ring inside of it. I'll put a little vaseline on each of them and give it a nice turn or two.

Update,

I applied some vaseline onto the o-rings and inside of the tubes/caps where it touches the o-rings. Now it screws and unscrews very nicely without hassle. :vapor:

View attachment 130057

I mention at my videos when I use Penelope that the tank and base don't need to be tighten. only snugged as well as re filler cap. If Re filler cap is tight then opening juice control you find it to be very very tight. Orings expand under heat so if you leave it snugged its ok because it will not leak and its safe.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Adapters and multimeter came in today. I can confirm that the 901/808D to 510 from Madvapes is the same as any other 901 to 510 adapter, fits onto the 901 Battery to 808-D Atomizer adapter nicely.

That's weird, the 901 - 808 adapter should be totally different than the 901 - 510, like this one:

7252f4f6020998ec.jpg

Check the GG Wiki "Connecting iAtty, Odysseus or Penelope on a GGTS" section, Method 5 and the "Example (step by step method 5):"

http://www.e-cigarette-wiki.com/index.php/GG_adapters

Notice the Connector's Pin resultant lenght on Method 3 and compare it with Method 5, the advantage of using the 901 - 808 is that the connector's pin resultant lenght is shorter, therefore your GGTS will be shorter also.

Another advantage is that there will not be much space to push up the connector's pin, so it can help to prevent shorts (if you overtight the GGTS, the connector's pin will be pushed up, and it will push up the adapter's center pins)

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
That's weird, the 901 - 808 adapter should be totally different than the 901 - 510, like this one:

7252f4f6020998ec.jpg

Check the GG Wiki "Connecting iAtty, Odysseus or Penelope on a GGTS" section, Method 5 and the "Example (step by step method 5):"

http://www.e-cigarette-wiki.com/index.php/GG_adapters

Notice the Connector's Pin resultant lenght on Method 3 and compare it with Method 5, the advantage of using the 901 - 808 is that the connector's pin resultant lenght is shorter, therefore your GGTS will be shorter also.

Another advantage is that there will not be much space to push up the connector's pin, so it can help to prevent shorts (if you overtight the GGTS, the connector's pin will be pushed up, and it will push up the adapter's center pins)

It is different. I have both the 901 to 808 adapter and then 901 to 510. Never said they were the same, instead the 901 to 808-D connects to the 901 to 510 adapter, then it gets attached to the rethreader, and then attached to the GGTS. I think you read my post wrong :p. I've been following your wiki page for guidance too, are you sure you're vaping on nicotine? :p

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
It is different. I have both the 901 to 808 adapter and then 901 to 510. Never said they were the same, instead the 901 to 808-D connects to the 901 to 510 adapter, then it gets attached to the rethreader, and then attached to the GGTS. I think you read my post wrong :p. I've been following your wiki page for guidance too, are you sure you're vaping on nicotine? :p

:laugh: my english is not that good, sometimes I misunderstand things, sorry :facepalm:, I just wanted to be sure that I am not giving wrong information.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
Your english is fine. And no need to say sorry, you're just trying to help and I'm grateful for that.

Glad you got it all working. I had some adapter pains that's why I was trying to help others with links to very specific products that worked. I have a lot of adapters that did not work lol, not all adapters are created equal I guess.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Glad you got it all working. I had some adapter pains that's why I was trying to help others with links to very specific products that worked. I have a lot of adapters that did not work lol, not all adapters are created equal I guess.

Couldn't have done it without you. Although the two adapters fit nicely, we will have to see how it goes when my GGTS, and along with the rethreader gets here.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Today I installed my wick & coil assembly onto my Penelope, which was a bit messy, and had a hard time fitting the 3.5mm wick without shredding the silica material. I think it is partially due to my large fingers and my impatience. Anyways, I slapped some juice onto the coil and did a test fire, it started smoking great (surprised because I did such a bad job). Then I tested the ohm level, which came out to around 1.6-1.7, and that is pretty good imo. Finally I pulled out my Havana Gold to put into the tank and sealed it slowly. Fired this baby up and it tasted pretty good for like 4-5 vapes but now I'm getting a little metal taste in there.

Will this metal taste go away? I cleaned the Penelope thoroughly before fitting everything together, including the ceramic. Mind you that I'm posting this as I'm on my 8th or so vape. I heard it takes a few minutes or vapes to break in the new coil. Any inputs?

Other than the slight metal taste, this little device is awesome, and I might need to cut down the nicotine strength.

Last edited:

Clint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Maggie Valley, NC
Today I installed my wick & coil assembly onto my Penelope, which was a bit messy, and had a hard time fitting the 3.5mm wick without shredding the silica material. I think it is partially due to my large fingers and my impatience. Anyways, I slapped some juice onto the coil and did a test fire, it started smoking great (surprised because I did such a bad job). Then I tested the ohm level, which came out to around 1.6-1.7, and that is pretty good imo. Finally I pulled out my Havana Gold to put into the tank and sealed it slowly. Fired this baby up and it tasted pretty good for like 4-5 vapes but now I'm getting a little metal taste in there.

Will this metal taste go away? I cleaned the Penelope thoroughly before fitting everything together, including the ceramic. Mind you that I'm posting this as I'm on my 8th or so vape. I heard it takes a few minutes or vapes to break in the new coil. Any inputs?

Other than the slight metal taste, this little device is awesome, and I might need to cut down the nicotine strength.

Next time try to torch your wires with a blue flame. I torch the wick with coils on it right before I put it in the ceramic and wire it up. Have never had a metallic taste :p

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México

Besides Clint advise, make sure your coils are not too lose around the wick, but not to tight. All coils should full contact with the wick, but if those coils are too tight, will prevent the correct liquid flow.

Also ensure that coils are not touching between them.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
Thanks for your inputs. The metal taste went away and now I am getting the full blast of sweet Havana Gold in my mouth. I think I will try to lower the ohm by a tad bit on my next coil & wick setup for more flavor and throat hit. Overall, I'm definitely satisfied with the Penelope, and due to its purity... I may need to reduce the nicotine level (currently at 24 or 28mg) since I'm feeling light-headed. The only real issue I have is with the 3.5mm wicks. Since these wicks are fatter, it is harder to fit them into the slots and they get shredded by the metal ring that you twist onto the middle thing where the wick & coil sits (don't know what you call that). You have to really compress them into the side slots or else you will get breakage in the silica wicks, and in turn you get a bunch of fibers sticking out.

Side note : I'm using the Penelope on a crappy Ego device (3.7v) that I got for free. I will be using this Ego device until I get my pre-ordered GGTS.

Question : Will lowering the ohms (shorter resistance coil length) give me a better throat hit? Right now it is set at around 1.7ohms and it gives me a slight throat hit.

Last edited:

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
If it's a standard ego battery I *think* they run at 3.3V not really 3.7. I'm not sure how far you can lower the resistance without stressing the battery but you might want to look into it. When you put a load on it I wouldn't be surprised if it's firing closer to 3V. That would explain your vape experience. At 1.7v on a a good battery I think you'd be pretty happy with it. You might want to look into a ego twist(VV) battery as a stop gap until your stuff gets here.

I'm not sure how much lower you can go on that battery as far as ohms go. They don't do well with really well with low ohms as it's harder on the batteries. Google the specs and see. I think the recommended for them is like 2.0ohms or something.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
There you go, crank it to 4V and you'll be a lot happier :).

Those little ego bats just can't push power especially under load from a low resistance atomizer. The twist does a much better job and for the 20 some odd dollars it will be a worthy investment over the next few months of waiting.

Also if the metallic taste went away then it was for sure your wire. Run your wire through a lighter 3 times until it turns red. Just move the lighter down the wire as it's turning red and you won't get the taste again.

If you don't end up liking the silica I'll give you an alternative that's the right size and not silica. Cheers.

Mosin_Sergei

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Nizniy Novgorod Russia
www.mebelalkova.ru
The wick will not crumble if you soak the wick juice when turning the ring dokebilee
The only real issue I have is with the 3.5mm wicks. Since these wicks are fatter, it is harder to fit them into the slots and they get shredded by the metal ring that you twist onto the middle thing where the wick & coil sits (don't know what you call that). You have to really compress them into the side slots or else you will get breakage in the silica wicks, and in turn you get a bunch of fibers sticking out.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
The wick will not crumble if you soak the wick juice when turning the ring dokebilee

I'll have to try that when I switch out the wick & coil, thanks.

Update : This thing is vaping like a monster this morning, kicking my ... and all. I've been doing double pulls to get more throat hit and... wow..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread