Going Out Of Business Super-T Storewide Sale! Save up to 50%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion_Boy

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
San Antonio TX
Dave, thank you for everything. I wanted to show you my appreciation by providing you with a photo of my entire SuperT collection (minus the two I ordered today). I may not have every mod you ever made but the time spent vaping each and every one of these, has given me so much pleasure over the past 6+years. With my busy schedule limiting my time to peruse your subform; I am deeply saddened to hear what the market has done to a cornerstone of vaping that is SuperT Manufacturing. As Bob Dylan so beautifully put it "The Times They Are a-Changin'" and not always for the better. I wish you much joy and happiness with the next undertaking in your life. I believe that your future customers in what ever industry it is that SuperT evolves into will be as loyal as we are to you today.

I feel I speak for everyone when I say… thank you

IMG_0754.jpg

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
This is tremendously sad. You can go out knowing you made the best and those of us with Super T products in our collection will continue to enjoy them for a very long time. I write this while enjoying a Tanbur and a Precise + 18650. It's sad what the clone market and mentality are doing to USA manufacturers. True manufacturers. Thank you for the fine products and services and I wish you all success in your other business!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
A little bit of Super T Trivia:

If you came to ecigs after 2010, you may not know this, but Super-T invented what is commonly known as the "drip tip", now used the world over. Prior to it, atomizers came with plastic tips that fell out (and of course you couldn't drip through them). Others turned to adapting Gel Pen grips and caps they slid over the atomizer or drilling out the stock plastic tip in attempt to fashion a tip, but Super T came up with a simple, but effective solution and the first purpose built drip tips with their unique o-ring retention and larger through hole for dripping. Though simple, I still consider it one of our bigger inventions:

Heres the very first one:

036.JPG

I remember that as do many others. Matter of fact, I mentioned this sad news in another thread the other day. This tip was the first thing that another older member talked about. :)

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
wow. just wow.

i bought my precise used and i *think* it was my 1st real mod. i still have it and it still functions very well - probably always will due to it's quality. i did get several accessories from you - including a few of your drip tips - which also still function very well. ;)

wishing you nothing but the best with your future endeavors.

p.s. i still drool a li'l when i see a Super-T6. i came in a little late to grab one of them.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Dave, I am really disappointed by your decision. You are one of the persons that I like to compete and when you make something nice I want to make something better. To my opinion, you have to rethink and stay where you are. If people like you start leaving e-cigs, the only thing that customers will have will be clones, copiers, trollers, thieves.

No reason to make a revolutionary product. Its enough to make quality and unique constructions. Thats what people really want from you to my opinion.

Sorry that I wrote in your forum but I had to do it. Stay strong!!

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Dave, I am really disappointed by your decision. You are one of the persons that I like to compete and when you make something nice I want to make something better. To my opinion, you have to rethink and stay where you are. If people like you start leaving e-cigs, the only thing that customers will have will be clones, copiers, trollers, thieves.

No reason to make a revolutionary product. Its enough to make quality and unique constructions. Thats what people really want from you to my opinion.

Awesome!!!

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
Haven't been on this forum in awhile but I have to say I am in shock! One of the best Mod makers in the vaping industry is leaving!! That just isn't right. Super-T has some of the best quality devices on the market and helped revolutionize the industry. The eight devices I own from Super T will never be sold because I use them all the time. It really is a shame. Good luck with your new business and I wish you all the best.

quendelyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
Clovis, CA
So sad that you are leaving the ecig business. You are an Artist! I got my first mod, which was a Precise 10440 back in 2010. Since then I have aqquired 2 more of yours. I have vaped your mods since that 1st Precise exclusively. Super T is the Epitome of the ecig. I am proud to have these beautiful, functional works of art. Thank you for what you have brought to all of us. You will be missed. Good luck with your new endeavor.

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Thank you Imeo, you and I used to really push each other, those were the days ! :) This isn't really a choice for me though, the cost of manufacturing here in the US just exceeds the cost at which we can sell them. We tried going to dealers, but we can't offer a big enough discount to interest many. Dealers can buy clones in quantity for 10.00 each and make them up 200-400 percent, so their profits are huge on clones vs US manufactured goods. I don't know what the costs of manufacturing are in Europe, but here, we just can't compete with the Chinese. Not to mention, when you do come up with a good invention, it has a very short shelf life before the Chinese copy it. It just isn't financially viable anymore. Its sad.

Last edited:

officer196

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Ft. Worth, TX
Thank you Imeo, you and I used to really push each other, those were the days ! :) This isn't really a choice for me though, the cost of manufacturing here in the US just exceeds the cost at which we can sell them. We tried going to dealers, but we can't offer a big enough discount to interest many. Dealers can buy clones in quantity for 10.00 each and make them up 200-400 percent, so their profits are huge on clones vs US manufactured goods. I don't know what the costs of manufacturing are in Europe, but here, we just can't compete with the Chinese. Not to mention, when you do come up with a good invention, it has a very short shelf life before the Chinese copy it. It just isn't financially viable anymore. Its sad.

Really sucks to see this as the reason David. It really offers much more perspective in the authentic vs clone debate. I'll be honest, I really don't know much about patents, but would it have been possible to patent some of the things that made your mods unique in function, such as the locking mechanism for the telescoping section of the ELA? Or is it to cost prohibitive?

gizmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Australia
Very sad news ..but I can understand your decision David.

Its the Super six with stainless 901 top cap you made along with the P+18350 that kept me off the fags.

Replaced the switch you sent for the Shockwave by the way...took 20 mins with the help of Snorks special delrin puller which I found in the garage.....its my night time vape.

The simplicity 18650 goes with me in the car & so will the telescopic workhorse..when it comes as backup.

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Really sucks to see this as the reason David. It really offers much more perspective in the authentic vs clone debate. I'll be honest, I really don't know much about patents, but would it have been possible to patent some of the things that made your mods unique in function, such as the locking mechanism for the telescoping section of the ELA? Or is it to cost prohibitive?

The last patent we received(on the Vapemate/Precise) took four years to get, so it isn't a viable option either for something with such a short shelf life so to speak. Plus, the Chinese aren't bound by US patents and trademarks and will copy anyway. Dealers in the US will import these clones, complete with pirated Trademarks engraved in them and sell them anyway too. Small businesses don't have the financical means to pursue intellectual property infringements in most cases.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

Europe is really expensive David. The cost is maybe the same or bigger. Thats why I say a lot of times to people that I dont make enough money from GG series and some of them dont believe me.
Of course we cant compete China and of course our new inventions have very short shelf life. But I refuse to leave this business to stupid China and their clones and to the "modders" around if you know what I mean.

Sellers want to make money. Thats the purpose of their stores and its not bad of course. But our purposes are not the same. We need money of course because we have to live but we dont chase them. I am sure that you are this kind of guy, so you must stay and fight this situation by any way you can. I dont have magic ideas but I do try to make the difference every single day.

I would be glad if you change your opinion and find a way to stay on buysiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread