Status
Not open for further replies.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I received 2 samples from the kind people of Goodejuice one of GJ4 and one of Vita Bella.

To give you some background, I am one of those ultra picky people who will be completely turned off by a juice if it is perfumey, super ashy tasting or has strong floral notes. I have had many disappointing tobacco imitating juices up to the point where I primarily DIY some basic juices that I find vapeable. I had all but given up on tobacco Flavors--that is until Nick sent me these samples.

I am going to very blunt here and tell you I had no grand expectations and yet I was in love with GJ4 at first vape. I don't toss these words around lightly. I am one of those people who order food in places with words like-- on the side, minus this, light that--you get the picture I am sure.

GJ4 is delicious even if you don't like tobacco you might very well like this. Its sweet and for me almost intoxicating. The best take on RY4 I have ever had. I was compelled enough to go back to their site and order larger sizes immediately. I have to tell you I was amazed to see this at number 34 on the Big RY4 roundup. Again, we all know how subjective these things are.

Onto the Vita Bella, its highly aromatic and not in an over the top perfumey way. Its soothingly aromatic like natural scents are for example some herbs. Its more tobacco-ey with some subtle sweet note and my husband adored it. I enjoy the smell of it when he vapes it and for me thats a big darn deal as I am sensitive to many scented things.

I also ordered some Congo Craze, not a house extracted tobacco but I expect it will be tastey as well. I will post my impressions of that when it arrives.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
This house extracted juice comes in 50/50 PG/VG only and since I received a higher strength I was able to thin it out and still had a ton of flavor which was a big bonus as I like thinner juices. I milked it down to the last drop. I usually vape 80/20 PG or 70/30 PG. I used cartos and it was great- no clogging or sediment.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
shiloh,

Just to let you know, the juice you saw ranked at #34 (now #38) on the Big RY4 Roundup was not GJ4. It was GoodEJuice's RY4, a much earlier version from Nick that was made with synthetic tobacco flavoring. I just reviewed GJ4 and praised its natural tobacco extract considerably, placing it at #22 in the rankings. That may still disappoint you, since you love GJ4 so much, but keep in mind that #22 is a pretty good ranking for a list with 61 RY4s on it, especially when you consider the fierce competition in the upper third of the list.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Thats ok Bill you have much more experience at this than me---I didn't even know I liked RY4 so now I have your handy listing to look at.

shiloh,

I don't regard my 13 months of vaping, nor the humongous amounts of money I've spent on this hobby/obsession over that time, as any kind of "PhD" in vaping. Lots of folks on ECF have more experience than I have.

I admit not anticipating when I innocently started "The Big RY4 Round-Up" thread back in June 2011 that it would end up being something of a crash course for me in increasing my knowledge and sophistication.

Still, we're all pretty much babes at this game. Vaping hasn't been around long enough to have any sort of accumulated history yet. What passes as "traditional" is anything older than about four years. So, we're all learning together, making things up as we go...

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
shiloh,

I don't regard my 13 months of vaping, nor the humongous amounts of money I've spent on this hobby/obsession over that time, as any kind of "PhD" in vaping. Lots of folks on ECF have more experience than I have.

I admit not anticipating when I innocently started "The Big RY4 Round-Up" thread back in June 2011 that it would end up being something of a crash course for me in increasing my knowledge and sophistication.

Still, we're all pretty much babes at this game. Vaping hasn't been around long enough to have any sort of accumulated history yet. What passes as "traditional" is anything older than about four years. So, we're all learning together, making things up as we go...

Now that you mention the money involved in creating this kind of massive review list; I have a confession. When I first looked at your Roundup, it took me a little bit to understand that the ratings and classifications were coming from one person.:oops:

My first though was your name must really be Bill Gates to afford all that juice :laugh: Come on fess up.....does the word....oh.... Microsoft mean anything to you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread