GVC/Big Willie's Custard/Gremlins Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
So today I finally received 100 ml 12 mg nic Grant's Vanilla Custard.

That being said, of course I can't help but compare it to my two top favorite custards, which are Big Willie's Custard (from Facebook) and Gremlin's Custard.

All three are delicious. All three are different. How different can one vanilla custard be from another? Well, enough for me to pick a favorite and most likely stick with it from here on out.

Grant's is delicious. It tastes great dripped in an rda on cotton or silica, in a glassomizer (Davide), I even tried it in a ss mesh RSST.

Out of those, it tastes best dripped on cotton (igo-L).

GVC is an eggy, vanilla custard. When vaping it, you definitely taste the egg. I love that. Then you get a nice balance of vanilla and custard at the end. Since this as been steeped for a while, I know that this is how it's supposed to taste. This is not that complex of a juice, surprisingly enough. It's well balanced and no one flavor is overwhelming. Very pleasant and tasty... savory is the word I'm looking for.

Which leads me to talk about Gremlin's vanilla custard. Grant's and Gremlin's are quite a bit similar, but not exactly the same. The exhale on Grant's is a balance of vanilla and custard, while on Gremlin's I get a hint more custard, but the inhale is more vanilla/less egg. Gremlin's is delicious in it's own right, but comparable to GVC.

Now I need to compare this to Big Willie's Custard, and I will say right off that Big Willie's is going to have to remain in my top custard spot. The reasons why are two-fold.

The first is that I really love how his custard is a bit more complex than GVC or Gremlin's. There's something on the exhale that has a slightly spicy note. It's faint, but it's there. I want to say it's cinnamon, but maybe closer to the taste of eggnog. A real eggnog, not the half gallon jugs in the supermarket during the holidays. The taste is similar to the above two, but the flavors just "pop" more. It's well rounded and truly delicious.

The second reason is that as an American, it's so much easier to purchase from BWC (and Gremlin's too, for that matter). Having to purchase GVC from Spain (Pink-Mule.com) is a huge pain. Not to mention that GVC is hugely rare and hard to find.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchases from all of the above. If I were asked, do I think GVC lives up to the hype, I would say yes, but only if I hadn't ever tried Big Willie's or Gremlin's. My answer stands at no, after already having had BWC and Gremlin's, but it's definitely delicious.

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
Here's a link to the webpage:

https://www.facebook.com/BigWilliesCustard

Check his About section and it's a run down of prices/sizes/nicotine mgs, etc. His prices are very reasonable. I've ordered several times from him and every time from order to door was about 3 days. He ships from Indiana. The bottles are securely packaged, no flopping around in the box that he sends it in and bubble wrapped.

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
Here's a link to the webpage:

https://www.facebook.com/BigWilliesCustard

Check his About section and it's a run down of prices/sizes/nicotine mgs, etc. His prices are very reasonable. I've ordered several times from him and every time from order to door was about 3 days. He ships from Indiana. The bottles are securely packaged, no flopping around in the box that he sends it in and bubble wrapped.

have you tried CLS? First time I ever vaped vanilla custard but it seems very mild in flavor. I don't know if all the custards are similar

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
I haven't tried CLS but have tried GVC and BWC. I agree Big Willie is very easy to order from and it's fast. I also got my Grant's from pink mule. They are similar but different all at once. Given how easy it is to order from the US vendor Willie is much much easier. Both juices are EXCELLENT. Flavor wise for me Gran's is on top. But due to availability and ease of ordering and customer service Willie will be a go-to vendor for me for sure!

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
What I like about those three custards is that they're all good in a variety of set ups. Dripping, iclears, Protanks, etc. I did try them all in a genesis RBA and Grant was correct when he mentioned on his website that it doesn't do the juice well, as it overcooks them, they tend to get a burnt taste after about 20 mins of vaping.

I love my Davide Glassomizer so I like to experiment to see what juices do well, as a lot of bottom coil clearos tend to mute flavor. Big Willie's seems to lose the least flavor out of the three in the Davide. Grant's does the best in an iclear 16 (when it comes to clearos/bottom coils).

josho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
CA
Grants is great, but the hype is bigger than the product IMO. I was lucky to get it directly from grant, presteeped. I've tried it in every combination possible, RDA with cotton and silica, RBA with cotton and silica, evod, protank, puritank, carto tank, etc. It tastes good, but it isn't mind blowing like the hype leads you to believe.

To be fair, I'll finish the 30ml I bought because im not one to waste and I don't hate it. It's by far better than a lot of the liquids I've tried. I'll definitely have to try the others reviewed in this thread.

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
Yes, definitely a lot of hype surrounding it. I honestly don't mind falling for it this time, as it's truly a good juice. But the best? No. I think if Big Willie's and Gremlin had a more international presence, they would give Grant's a run for his money. And I'm not saying that GVC is bad by any means. But there are better or as-good right here in the states.

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
I just wanted to add that my next new custard that I'll be trying is going to be from The Mad Alchemist.

http://themadalchemist.com/

It was just added to their website yesterday. I haven't tried anything from them yet so this is a definite must for me.

Other than the above mentioned custards (including CLS), does anyone have any other vanilla custards that bear mention?

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
I just wanted to add that my next new custard that I'll be trying is going to be from The Mad Alchemist.

http://themadalchemist.com/

It was just added to their website yesterday. I haven't tried anything from them yet so this is a definite must for me.

Other than the above mentioned custards (including CLS), does anyone have any other vanilla custards that bear mention?

Gremlin +1. Awesome flavor and good prices too! Vanilla overload is awesome too!

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
I really love Big Willies and Gremlins. Still have yet to try Grants yet but I can't imagine it being better than Willie's or Gremlin.

I get a spicy tang type of note at the tail end of exhale with Big Willie's. It really makes it shine.

I also agree with Gremlin's giving off a more custard note on the exhale.

I love them both!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
This thread reminded me that I had purchased some of Gremlin's Vanilla Custard a couple of weeks ago and had forgotten to try it out (yeah, I ordered a lot of juice recently). I initially ordered from him after finding out he's only about a half hour from me and after reading some good reviews.

Just tried it and it is very, very good. I'm not sure if I like this or CLS better. Both are top notch. Going to order a couple more flavors from Gremlin this weekend.

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
Ok, another custard addition:

Last week I got to thinking... I've never once ordered or tried anything from Mount Baker Vapor. So, I ordered the Creme Brulee and Vanilla Custard. They were made about a week ago and have spent time in heat during transit so I figured... good enough on steep and dripped the custard on a cotton micro coil.

Surprisingly... palatable! It's not as good as the custards mentioned above but it's really quite good! I was surprised. I know how MBV is very hit or miss and I honestly didn't expect much from this custard. I think it would be perfect to blend other "too strong" flavors with and use as a mellower.

cat58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
DFW
Is there a website for Big Willie's Custard or strictly thru facebook? I don't do FB, so looking to see if there is another option available. A google search didn't find anything ..... I'd love to try it as vanilla custard is my absolute fav, but not if it means signing up with fb.

If anybody knows another way, thanks - I'd appreciate it!

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
Is there a website for Big Willie's Custard or strictly thru facebook? I don't do FB, so looking to see if there is another option available. A google search didn't find anything ..... I'd love to try it as vanilla custard is my absolute fav, but not if it means signing up with fb.

bigwilliescustard@yahoo.com

Shoot him an email. Really good guy.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN

Yea I'm not for the facebok thing either

cat58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
DFW
bigwilliescustard@yahoo.com

Shoot him an email. Really good guy.

Thank you so much! I love Ms.T's (as you could probably tell) but am always looking for the ever elusive holy grail!

vcj0628 - do you think then that we are the only two people in the universe not drinking the facebook Kool-Aid?? :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread