Status
Not open for further replies.

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
I googled, and only got hits about hair LOSS.....

Has anyone experienced improved rate of hair growth after kicking the ciggies? Here's why I ask:

I run a crew-cut, (DIY with a wahl and no comb; a "0" for those in the know). I usually go 2 weeks between them, but can go 3 weeks. Well, last time I did it was 11 days ago, and I'm already looking like its a 3-week old cut.

The only thing I can think of is that vaping has accelerated the growth (or more accurately, not smoking has removed the reduction).

generalnars

Dec 13, 2011
I think its because you are using less nicotine than when you used to smoke. Too much Nic reduces the blood flow to the hair follicles. So now that you are vaping I'm assuming less nic, then you have increased blood flow to the hair follicles and i'm guessing this theoretically increases growth (actually returns the growth-rate to its original rate before you started smoking).

PurpleBandit

Nov 5, 2011
United States
I dunno about growth rate but I now have shiny hair and more soft since I quit smoking. :) I have hair down to the .... so I can't really judge the growth to good :laugh: yup, and it smells better too :smokie:

I can totally relate!! About a week after I quit my hair just got so fluffy and my scalp stopped itching like mad. One thing I also noticed was that my eczema started healing up beautifully. I was a smoker for 15 years. I spent 12 of those years fighting frequent eczema flareups. My most recent battle has been going on since late '09:(

I have it darn near all over, but the worst of it is on my arms. Mere days after I had my last smoke, my arms stopped itching. period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread