Hand friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

gossimer44

Jul 23, 2013
Boise, ID, USA
So my mom wants to quit smoking after a 2pk/day long time habit and I want to take her and get a setup this weekend. I have been trying to figure out what would be the best setup for her because Rheumatoid arthritis has left her with almost completely worthless hands. The cig-a-like setup would work good for her, but from personal experience I found them to be expensive and unreliable. Plus I know she will burn through batteries fairly quickly. I think she will have a better experience with a tank setup, but have not seen any setups that I feel she will be able to fill or clean very easily. Does anybody have any advice or similar stories in this matter? If she will quit I will drive to her house every couple of days and set them up for her, but I am really trying to avoid that.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The answer that comes to mind is one of the many automatic batteries on the market. I think the Halo G6 might fit the bill, but I don't personally use these. There are many automatic batts on the market, and in different sizes. Just watch for threading to make sure it will match the topper you decide on. A good way to find out from the folks here is to post another thread and ask, "What is the best automatic battery on the market?" Followed by another thread, "What is the best topper for an automatic battery?" Best to you.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
Duh... auto batteries why didn't I think of that. lol
The answer that comes to mind is one of the many automatic batteries on the market. I think the Halo G6 might fit the bill, but I don't personally use these. There are many automatic batts on the market, and in different sizes. Just watch for threading to make sure it will match the topper you decide on. A good way to find out from the folks here is to post another thread and ask, "What is the best automatic battery on the market?" Followed by another thread, "What is the best topper for an automatic battery?" Best to you.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Duh... auto batteries why didn't I think of that. lol

And next time, you will! Been around a bit longer is all. Not a lot of new questions. New improvements, though, all the time. I really wish I could recommend a product, but I don't use them myself. Hopefully, OP will ask for that info, because you know the folks know the answer to that one. LOL...

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
So my mom wants to quit smoking after a 2pk/day long time habit and I want to take her and get a setup this weekend. I have been trying to figure out what would be the best setup for her because Rheumatoid arthritis has left her with almost completely worthless hands. The cig-a-like setup would work good for her, but from personal experience I found them to be expensive and unreliable. Plus I know she will burn through batteries fairly quickly. I think she will have a better experience with a tank setup, but have not seen any setups that I feel she will be able to fill or clean very easily. Does anybody have any advice or similar stories in this matter? If she will quit I will drive to her house every couple of days and set them up for her, but I am really trying to avoid that.

2xAA Auto Box Mod with Red LED

Please do not take this as an endorsement, but merely as an example of something that my work for your Mom. I have a similar box mod that I built almost two years ago and it still works great, though in all honesty, I rarely use it anymore, I did use it for quite awhile though. This box mod works like an automatic cig-a-like, no buttons to push, it has a 510 connector, and it takes a 14500 Li-on or IMR battery, either of which would last significantly longer than a cig-a-like. Some hand dexterity is required to open the case and change the battery.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Get the Zeus auto volt. The cool carts instead of the big one that comes with the kit. It's awesome but 3.00ohm up on carts. I actually drip mine preferring the throat hit and all that good stuff but the carts are easier and some juices do ok in them.
Vapor4life has daily deals btw so look for them on ecf

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I started with Smokeless Image Volt autos...don't really care for autos but theirs are sealed and seem good. Cartos or mini tanks (T4s) or E-smart clearos work well. Since you would be the one filling them, I would think cartos are your only real option. Smokeless Image sells a carto case that holds 5...a couple of those stocked with 10 filled cartos might fit the bill.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I would also go with refillable, but get enough for a week and prefill them for her, I'd go with two full sets, one she keeps and one you take to fill to leave the next week. That would let you check the condition, clean them if needed and do any maintenance on them and leave her free of having to try to fill them herself.

gossimer44

Jul 23, 2013
Boise, ID, USA
I gave her my old blu setup to see if something like that would be preferred, but she hated it too. She liked my eGo VV - V2 MEGA and tank setup, so I thought I would see how she liked the itaste MVP since the buttons were bigger. Well after months of trying to motivate her to go shopping with me, we finally got out and she loved it. She decided she liked the itaste vv/vw instead of the mvp, but I on the other hand fell for the MVP. I also set her up with some evod tanks and some syringes to fill them. It has only been a week, but it sounds like she might stick with it. Thanks everyone for your recommendations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread