BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP.

I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS,

I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED -

THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE,

BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION

WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT.

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION,

THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR,

AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.

GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,

PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,

'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY,

WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....

HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,

MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.

MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP.

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS.

MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,

MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

--

Last edited:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
A happy Thanksgiving to my vaping friends; that's all of you...

...And you too, you FDA guys:
funny-turkey-revolt-cartoon3_330.gif

mikev

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Maple Grove, Minnesota
So what's everyone doing to prep for all the food tomorrow?

I've not done anything and am trying to find cute animated turkey .gif files to post in my classes. :) I suppose I should take the turkey out of the freezer (just kidding!). :)

What am I doing to prep for tomorrow? LOL, I'm sittin' on my ...., dog laying in my lap, vapin' some tasty Caramel Apple juice:vapor:, reading posts here! then tomorrow I will go over to my sisters house and chow down on what I'm sure is gonna be another amazing spread of food, then I'll look for a comfy spot on the couch to watch some football with my daughter who's down from college for Thanksgiving (rather than sneak outside to have a smoke) it will be great! I have a LOT to be thankful for this year :)

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
So what's everyone doing to prep for all the food tomorrow?

I've not done anything and am trying to find cute animated turkey .gif files to post in my classes. :) I suppose I should take the turkey out of the freezer (just kidding!). :)

Well right now atm I am vaping a mega carto of Hopscotch. The turkey is in the fridge all thawed out. In a couple hours probably about 9pm'ish I'm gonna unwrap the turkey and put a lemon, pepper, and garlic rub on the turkey and let that season it and soak in over night. Then we will get up fairly early tomorrow and stuff it then in the oven for hours it will go. My wife made 2 pumpkin pies already today. mmmmm....Hopscotch. :drool:

PS- Oh ya I forgot, my wife told me since I wanted real mashed potatoes and not instant I am going to be spending some time tomorrow peeling potatoes because she refuses to.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Well right now atm I am vaping a mega carto of Hopscotch. The turkey is in the fridge all thawed out. In a couple hours probably about 9pm'ish I'm gonna unwrap the turkey and put a lemon, pepper, and garlic rub on the turkey and let that season it and soak in over night. Then we will get up fairly early tomorrow and stuff it then in the oven for hours it will go. My wife made 2 pumpkin pies already today. mmmmm....Hopscotch. :drool:

PS- Oh ya I forgot, my wife told me since I wanted real mashed potatoes and not instant I am going to be spending some time tomorrow peeling potatoes because she refuses to.

I know where I'm going tomorrow.....LOL. Actually, going to the in-law's house. 79 years old and she gets ticked if I offer to cook. Not that I'm a bad cook. I'm actually really good but she figures that if she's still alive, able to cook, take care of her house/farm, than by golly it's her job to take care of all of us for the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
What am I doing to prep for tomorrow? LOL, I'm sittin' on my ...., dog laying in my lap, vapin' some tasty Caramel Apple juice:vapor:, reading posts here! then tomorrow I will go over to my sisters house and chow down on what I'm sure is gonna be another amazing spread of food, then I'll look for a comfy spot on the couch to watch some football with my daughter who's down from college for Thanksgiving (rather than sneak outside to have a smoke) it will be great! I have a LOT to be thankful for this year :)

Oh my gosh - what a relaxing couple of days! I'm going to take advantage of the time off and updating my resume. I plan to apply for an asst. Program Director's job at the college I teach for. So, I'll be busy, but it's a good busy.

Of course though, we will take time to eat. Although, it's not a major spread and there's no dessert. We'll just vape hopscotch or caramel apple after dinner!

Enjoy your day. :)

Sandra

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida

I've never heard of putting lemon, pepper, and garlic rub inside a turkey. I bet that I'd love it! Do you use real lemons or lemon juice? Also, do you make regular stuffing or is it seasoned?

Mashed potatoes - instant just aren't the same. Have fun peeling potatoes. :)

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

We're letting some of the poor people having to work on Thanksgiving day do the cooking this year. Figured we might as well donate to their paychecks since they're going to have to be there anyway. I may have to buy an after Thanksgiving turkey though just to get my turkey and cranberry sauce sandwiches in over the weekend. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread