Has Big Tobacco infiltrated some of these brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Also, this phenomenon is effecting more than the market's products - it's effecting the way people behave on this forum. Throughout the time I've reviewed products, you guys will notice that SPECIFIC members repeatedly try to make me look foolish and stupid, yet I've CAUGHT these users admitting that they work in vendor shops or serve vaping customers in some way. I will not say specific usernames, but I have SEEN it. I'm very good at noticing off-hand comments that the user doesn't think anyone's paying attention to. And guess why these users are replying in the rude way they do? Because they know these products are faulty and they don't want the word to spread. Watch, everyone's going to start jumping down RIPTrippers's throat accusing him of being stupid (they already do) and yet he's literally the smartest "big reviewer".

Well, I'm glad you don't think I was a member who tried to make you look foolish (god forbid). That's not possible because you've not caught me admitting that I work in vendor shops or serve vaping customers in some way :thumb:.

So if you respect RIP Trippers, check out his reviews, find something he likes and use it. I mean it's gotta be good, right?

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
Izzit time to break out the tin foil hats yet? :)
I don't think a hat would be enough. Maybe he should try this.

This bears repeating.
the grandiose bandstanding and spewing of all this constant misinformation is such a detriment to the other new people in this forum trying to learn something please either try to actually be a part of the community or go somewhere else.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Basically, one horrible phenomenon in the vaping world, in my experience, has been atomizer heads or atomizer cartridges that "burn up" after only a few vapes.

Here are some examples:

- Since Lotillard took over Blu, NONE of their cartridges work, not even the fully disposable models anymore, they literally taste like a burnt sock after a few puffs.
- A couple nights ago, two cartridges from a Logic kit did the same thing.
- A week ago, I bought an Imperial Hookah disposable e-cig, fully assembled, and it tasted clean until the very end. Catch was, the e-cig itself, according to the date, was manufactured in late 2012, believe it or not.
- Yet, I just bought a new Imperial Hookah, a model just now manufactured in 2014 (brand new) and the old disposable was replaced with a disposable where a seperate cartridge comes with it - it burned up in just a few hits.
- I've had several other store-bought brands do this exact same thing.

I have absolutely no clue why ALL e-cigs now do this, when the ones manufactured back in 2012 or earlier did not. I vaped back then, I know. I can still get ahold of models that are OLD and they work outstandingly.

My personal guess is that Big Tobacco has bought out some of these brands, and that they purposely direct these companies to put just a DROP of juice into the e-cig, in order for the e-cig not to work right, causing people to hate e-cigs. You can take one of these same e-cigs, manufactured years ago (if you can find them), and pop the lid off, and they're FILLED to the brim with liquid - pop any cap off a new one and it's completely bone dry, no sign of liquid.

I don't believe this is just companies trying to save money by not adding as much liquid - no company in their right mind wouldn't test out their own product first to see if it works, and no company, without a huge payoff, would risk selling a product that people can realize right away is faulty. I believe there's a payoff behind this. That, or these companies are being pressured by the FDA to only use ingredients that could not spark any type of controversy, ingredients that, while wouldn't be labeled as "anti-freeze", ultimately do not allow a disposable or cartridge e-cig to work.

I also wouldn't put it past Big Tobacco's around the world to influence companies like Kanger to make as sloppy, faulty heads as they possibly can - what sort of gives me that idea is that Kanger is in Germany if I'm not mistaken, and isn't Europe banning e-cigs entirely? I wouldn't put it past their governments to lean on these companies and give them billions of dollars to make horrible products that slowly ween people off vaping. Shutting the companies down completely wouldn't serve this goal because people would just buy from another brand - with keeping the most trusted brands open for business, yet with faulty products, it causes people to still buy from those top brands yet become negative toward vaping with money wasted. Not only could Europe be behind some jazz, it doesn't help that appearantly China, where all our crap is made, has banned e-cigs too if I'm not mistaken.

I've had experiences that to me seem like this across Kanger, Innokin, Smoktech, Blu, every one of these big players. Their devices worked no better than the Blu cartridges that burn up instantly, or the Blu pack I had that stopped charging after 3 days. Nor are the return policies ever any count.

A good positve example though, is a company called Vaporzone. I recently checked this company out, after a user with a very complex palate claimed that this company's products worked well. I looked into them, and it seems that literally everything they sell is not made by any company known in the business, as all their stuff is self-branded, generally self-compatible, and the stuff doesn't even look like Clones I've seen. They're off making their own Protanks and Vivi Novas and heads and everything, and their stuff doesn't exactly look like Fasttech junk - it's all self-branded, so they have to be directly in contact with the rare company that designs the products. However, not to mention, with my research, I'm literally seeing that more people are having positives with cloned items than name-brand items, it's getting that extreme. I myself have even had better luck with cloned items that are branded by individual vendor names, not the Big Player brands.

Also, recently, RIPTrippers, who I'm a big fan of, has BUSTED out the Aspire, revealing what a faulty, shammy product it is, and I think this is just the beginning. I know the experiences that I'm having, and the experiences that TOP REVIEWERS are starting to have, is not right. Something in my gut is telling me that this is more than companies just being shoddy companies. It is too universal, too across-the-board. Like with the Aspire, it sort of strikes me odd when it comes to the connector issue. I personally had no problem getting the connections to work, but what if some law somewhere forced Aspire to design heads in this fashion in order to trick a government into thinking that the device isn't a vaping device simply because it doesn't fire (under government inspection)?

My big announcement: I've done serious tests with these devices, and my suggestion is to NOT buy from Kanger, Innokin, Smoktech, Aspire, or ANY store-bought "kit" right now. The products simply don't work. Big Tobacco is just a speculation as to why, but the truth is, devices are PLAIN OUT starting not to work. If you have heads that work, chances are, they're very old.

Not only is this just my opinion, I'm in talks with SEVERAL local vendors who are seeing waves of faulty heads from these brands, as well as faulty kits that they're starting to take off their own shelves. These vendors are just as bumfuzzled as I am, and as I keep calling around and doing my own investigating, several vendors have said that the products have gotten so faulty that they've been forced to only use RDA's for their own personal vaping, where previously, they'd at least rely on a Protank or iClear on a rough day. IMO, the crap is hitting the fan, and I believe this is the start of some sort of twisted movement in the vaping world.

Switch to RDA's while you can. I've wasted probably well over $800 trying faulty products, testing them out both for me and everyone here, from the kits to high-end devices, and NO atomizers out there, wether cartridges, tanks, or clearomizers work. Even Boge, though I haven't tested them, suddenly went downhill, everyone will back me up on that. Cisco is literally the only brand that has given me ANY sort of working vape, and they make their stuff right here in the USA, hand made, away from big corporations and prying eyes.

I think something's going on, and I don't care how people reply to this, because I know there'll be some strong replies, but I'm writing this to PROTECT new vapers and warning people to, at the very least, see if you can try out a product before you buy. Buy second hand stuff, test it first, don't spend as much money. If your local shop sells something, ask an employee if they have a model that you can try out - I'm pretty sure all of them do and they don't want to admit it (what kind of shop wouldn't have an iClear or Protank sitting in the back that they already tested?). If you try a device that works for juice sampling at the vendor, demand that you buy the exact brand that they use for those clearomizers - don't let them convince you to buy an alternate brand to save money or because of a "said" better experience. Buy what works for your taste buds.

Also, this phenomenon is effecting more than the market's products - it's effecting the way people behave on this forum. Throughout the time I've reviewed products, you guys will notice that SPECIFIC members repeatedly try to make me look foolish and stupid, yet I've CAUGHT these users admitting that they work in vendor shops or serve vaping customers in some way. I will not say specific usernames, but I have SEEN it. I'm very good at noticing off-hand comments that the user doesn't think anyone's paying attention to. And guess why these users are replying in the rude way they do? Because they know these products are faulty and they don't want the word to spread. Watch, everyone's going to start jumping down RIPTrippers's throat accusing him of being stupid (they already do) and yet he's literally the smartest "big reviewer".

I'm just off on a rant tonight because this Imperial Hookah e-cig done tee'd me off, I really stuck up for this brand with the 2012, early-2013-ish disposable I had of thiers. This new one they have, it sucks. $9 on that mess, just wasted! Actually, around $800 wasted by brands who are jumping on this same production trend, and I think that's unacceptable. Completely unacceptable. I don't want ANYONE to go through that. Vaping is way more important to me than that!

2cemcqv.jpg

Schwiggiddy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Kentucky, USA
I'm new around here, just found this post, and it was a perfect read when I'm up way to late on a Sunday night.

While I don't agree much with OP, I do think it's possible that tobacco companies are paying gas stations and cigarette retailers to sell crappy ego knockoffs and 5 flavors of juice, none of it very good, so that people think "oh those ecigs still suck," and then they will not start vaping and will just keep smoking analogs. I know at the B&M I work at I definitely see a lot of new customers who think Blu or some crappy 650 mah ego knockoff is the best there is.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I'm new around here, just found this post, and it was a perfect read when I'm up way to late on a Sunday night.

While I don't agree much with OP, I do think it's possible that tobacco companies are paying gas stations and cigarette retailers to sell crappy ego knockoffs and 5 flavors of juice, none of it very good, so that people think "oh those ecigs still suck," and then they will not start vaping and will just keep smoking analogs. I know at the B&M I work at I definitely see a lot of new customers who think Blu or some crappy 650 mah ego knockoff is the best there is.

AAAAHHH HAH!

so it's you who has been pushing these subpar clearos on innocent people

shame on you! taking advantage of people like that!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Charles Dickens, etc. wrote during a time when writers were paid by the word. This encouraged them to be prolific. They had bills to pay.

Good News has just told us, in so many (many many many many many) words, something about vaping:

"It was the best of times.......it was the worst of times......"

eh? ;) Isn't that what he just said? :lol:

Dickens constantly searched for soul in an age gone mad. Is Good News doing the same thing for the vaping world?

I leave it to you, the readers, to decide. :)

Basically, one horrible phenomenon in the vaping world, in my experience, has been atomizer heads or atomizer cartridges that "burn up" after only a few vapes.

Analogs. They just went up in smoke after a few drags.

Vaping is "fiddly".
If everything went smoothly, it wouldn't be fiddly.
If it wasn't fiddly, it wouldn't be a "hobby".

It sure was easy lifting that RJReynolds neatly rolled cancer stick out of the package, ah..........sweet memories ----- NOT. :)

Switch to RDA's

Ohhhh. This is like finding one good sentence in the entire Dr. Zhivago novel. Good work.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)

Actually it has more to do with distribution than with BT. Most convenience stores/gas stations are served by a few distributors. Blu and others have gotten into this distribution stream and onto the counters at these stores. Until a couple major manufacturers get reps that can get into these distributors, make their case for shelf space and educate the distributor sales teams it will be a while before we see anything better, which BTW will probably never happen, there's not enough profit in decent quality or if it does the retail price of a good ego kit will be $89.98.

Now if a BT company gets into vape related stuff they stand a better chance of getting distribution and shelf space than someone new to the business because they are already there, they have the relationship with the distributor, its sales force and most have reps that actually visit the retailer and sell them on the idea of making room on the counter for their product.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...I've wasted probably well over $800 trying faulty products, testing them out both for me and everyone here, from the kits to high-end devices...

This is absolutely fascinating...please tell me more about these high-end devices that you've tried out. Wait, wait! Don't tell me...let me guess.

Hmm...eGo? Yes! One right!

Hmm...ProTank? Yes! Two right!

What else costs more than $10, but less than $30? Help me out guys and gals. I need to know what other high-end vaping stuff is out there that Good News! hasn't tried yet. There might be time yet to save the world from people like...Big Tobacco...yes...people like big tobacco.

Now where did I put my ProVari? Ah, there it is. :D

You don't actually believe that crap you just spouted do you? Do you really think that tobacco companies are paying gas stations and cigarette retailers to make shelf space for a competing product?

Here's how it really works. Gas Station Owner A sees that Gas Station Owner B is selling e-cigs for $20. Gas Station Owner A gets online and sees that he can buy 50 of them for $3 each from China. He makes $17 profit from each one sold. He only has to sell 8 to more than break even... the remaining 42 are pure profit (less overhead and expenses).

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Dickens constantly searched for soul in an age gone mad. Is Good News doing the same thing for the vaping world?

I leave it to you, the readers, to decide. :)

Well, this reader is thinking more and more that there is a psychology paper being researched here :p.

Then again, when I read some of the Darwin Award stories the window of possibility grows.

Searching for soul in an age gone mad ... I like that. Galileo's scientific work resulted in him spending a good few years locked up and now he is sometimes called the father of modern science.

Ya, I've probably got this all wrong :facepalm:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...Also, this phenomenon is effecting more than the market's products - it's effecting the way people behave on this forum. Throughout the time I've reviewed products, you guys will notice that SPECIFIC members repeatedly try to make me look foolish and stupid, yet I've CAUGHT these users admitting that they work in vendor shops or serve vaping customers in some way. I will not say specific usernames, but I have SEEN it. I'm very good at noticing off-hand comments that the user doesn't think anyone's paying attention to. And guess why these users are replying in the rude way they do? Because they know these products are faulty and they don't want the word to spread.
Wow. So let's dissect this gem of a paragraph.
...you guys will notice SPECIFIC members repeatedly try to make me look foolish and stupid, yet I've CAUGHT these users admitting that they work in vendor shops or serve vaping customers in some way.
I'm not sure how anyone could possibly make you look foolish and stupid (especially since you seem to be doing very well on your own). Those members have repeatedly offered you advice (that you ignored) and suggested upgrades to your equipment (that you also ignored). Imagine that! People actually working in a job they enjoy...wow.
I'm very good at noticing off-hand comments that the user doesn't think anyone's paying attention to.
So basically all of the comments in any thread you've started. Okay.
And guess why these users are replying in the rude way they do?
I'm sure you are right. I'm sure it has nothing to do with how you ignore 95% of the posts, helpful or otherwise.
Because they know these products are faulty and they don't want the word to spread.
Yep. This whole forum is owned by cigarette companies and their only goal is to prevent vaping from being a successful endeavor for anyone. The accounts of thousands of people who have quit smoking and are using trouble free setups are fictionalized. The United States is a victim in this. An innocent bystander caught in the middle of a secret war between China and Greece. China has destabilized Greece's economy by cloning expensive Greek mods like the Caravela. China intends to make sure the Greece can never threaten China's sovereignty.

<checks to make sure tinfoil hat is firmly in place>

...Oh, you were talking about cartos. Have you looked into getting a cartotank? You can get one at IBTanked for about $25.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Well, this reader is thinking more and more that there is a psychology paper being researched here :p.

I fully understand. ;)

Sometimes though, it's not worth trying to figure it out.

You know that saying "hard to follow but worth the trip." Sometimes the trip isn't worth it.

Remember that Twilight Zone episode where the people wake up and they are in a strange town where everything is odd, like the trees aren't real, either is the grass, etc. There are no other people there either. They walk to the train station, a train pulls up, they are so relieved to get on .......as the train pulls out of the station, they are so happy to be on their way "out of there".

About 1/2 hour later, the train pulls into it's next stop. The sign on the station..........it's the same place they just left. :blink:

(as it turns out they are live dolls in a giant being's doll house, the giant being, a little girl, is manipulating them, they have become her toys).

Rod Serling was a genius. :)

click on this, really, even if you know what it sounds like, play it while reading the topic. :) Nice background soundtrack. :lol:

Last edited:

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
If it's Reynolds Wrap... that's just too much of a name coincidence - it's too close to RJReynolds... and we all know what that means... (I think...)

Hmm, well there is this, "The Reynolds Metals Company was founded in 1919 as the U.S. Foil Company in Louisville, Kentucky by Richard S. Reynolds, Sr., a nephew of tobacco king R. J. Reynolds."

Source, Reynolds Group Holdings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just to be safe I use a different brand of tinfoil, I can't prove it, but I believe Reynolds foil is impregnated with mind control chips. Maybe GN knows, he seems to up on this far reaching conspiracy.

*This post is sarcasm, it is not intended to taken seriously*

Edt, just as soon as I posted this, the music from Racehorse's twilight zone video started playing, spooky.

Last edited:

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
Ok! It's just before 530. I've been to the bathroom, let the dogs out, had a vape. (yes, I washed my hands, but I did not boil them.)

56 posts! GoodNews, you have outdone yourself! Your best move to date was barging into the most helpful ecf member of 2013 thread and posting a bunch of drivel that made people mad at you. Now you have all of the attention that you so clearly crave. Enjoy it man, you've worked hard.

ETA
57 posts! The last one snuck in on me! :2cool:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Oh for f sake. I started vaping less then two months ago. I have yet to come across a dud coil head. Any burnt taste I got has been attributed to a juice that must be vaped at a lower temperature. How do I know? Because it only happens when I've got this one juice in the clearo. Doesn't matter anymore. I use carto tAnks now. Try them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
I know at the B&M I work at I definitely see a lot of new customers who think Blu or some crappy 650 mah ego knockoff is the best there is.

Okay everyone we have to do an intervention. One of our fellow Vendor Employees has admitted to being a Vendor Employee. If we're to keep up this ruse as like minded vapor users we can't be admitting we're actually a group of 174,xxx+ members of which 20,xxx+ are active that Big Tobacco has placed here just to sell GN faulty vape gear. We can't afford to loose him as a customer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread