Have your vaping habits and consumption have changed over the years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Now, I can only vape by going to the smoke breaks 4x day. The smokers are divided into three groups and the staff hand out the cigarettes and light them for the residents. We sit on a patio in back of the building.
How soon until you get your own place?

Reactions: Puff2K

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
That sounds almost like being in a prison. I don't think I take well to it. In fact, I think I'd be plotting my escape, followed by revenge on whoever caused me to be moved there.:blink:
It is like prison. I don't want to stay here but I'm not sure if I could get out.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

• Optimistic
Reactions: Rossum

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
My bf is clearing out my apartment. There's still a ton of stuff there. I don't know if I can get free of this place. It's a complicated situation.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
Pm if you want to talk. My son is in a group home I happen to know a lot about this.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Definitely! I started my journey with the crappy cig-alikes but they didn't do it for me. Then a couple years later I tried again with the cartos and had success. Then plastic tanks with long-leg coil heads, and I learned how to wrap replacement coils myself with Kanthal. Then glass tanks with modern replaceable coil units, then sub-ohm, which was when I decided to start mixing my own DIY e-liquid because I consumed more. I upgraded to bigger and more powerful units each time a new innovation appeared. I was blown away when direct-lung vaping became a thing.

My greatest thrill was when I got my Zeus RTA and could finally chuck clouds like all the Youtube reviewers (without cheating and using a spotlight)! And rebuildable meant no more dependence on short-lived, expensive coil heads with their planned obsolescence. I upgraded from mediocre cotton to high-performance, long-lasting rayon.

Recently I started carrying a smaller pod unit for secondary stealth vaping with the high-mg salt nic, which I upgraded last month to the ultrasonic Zip nebulizer by Usonicig.
that story seems to much familiar to me, well, i do understand all the changes you faced, how is cigs going, no tabacco at all?

Reactions: GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
that story seems to much familiar to me, well, i do understand all the changes you faced, how is cigs going, no tabacco at all?
I haven't smoked anything in seven years. I used Snus (the Swedish tobacco pouch you hold inside your lip) twice on airplane flights. For me, the cigarette cravings stopped within a week or two of seriously committing. My nic consumption has been pretty steady for a long time.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I haven't smoked anything in seven years. I used Snus (the Swedish tobacco pouch you hold inside your lip) twice on airplane flights. For me, the cigarette cravings stopped within a week or two of seriously committing. My nic consumption has been pretty steady for a long time.
i did tried snuss, the camel ones, amazing for 2 days, then stopped smoking for while, with salt nic how you feel?

Regards,

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I started at 12 mg nic and cigalikes, moved to ego c stick battery type systems and stick batteries with clearos (thank you volcanoecigs!!!)
Found ecf... Went to Vapage Vmod squonkers that used mini and regular cartos (and a modified rba) and a provari with glass carto tanks (all handmade works of art) dropped my nic to 6 mg.
Bought a fair share (cough) of mec mods and rbas ( the days of endless co-ops)
on to a vast variety of regulated mods both with internal and external batteries, tanks with replaceable and rebuildable coils.
Back to provaris ( in a crazy try to buy one of every color kinda way) Kabuki and sub tanks lucked into a reo mini paired it with a SV squonk friendly rba a set up I love, dropped my nic to 3 mg.
Stopped buying anything vape related for myself in 2016 with the exception of batteries, nauti coils and some pg/vg/ flavoring
My constant has been the flavor of my all day vapes, Apple pie and coquito since 2011, although I did my best to try a endless variety of flavors.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
i did tried snuss, the camel ones, amazing for 2 days, then stopped smoking for while, with salt nic how you feel?

Regards,
I've only tried salt-nic-b so far. It gets the job done alright in my pod devices, but it seems to give me a headache easily and I sneeze if I overdo it. I tried to put it in my main vape once and didn't like the way it worked. I feel that the faint peppery taste of freebase nic provides the sensation of an active ingredient which allows me to better self-regulate. SN seems to lack that, ie. it's too smooth so I don't know when to stop. It'd probably be different if I had started with SN instead of freebase. And as time goes on I'm getting used to it.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I started on an RN4081 with carts, pretty quickly moved over to KR808D-1 setups, went to early variable voltage gear in 2011. I vaped around 24 mg x 6ml/day, with a little 30mg at trigger points early on.

I stayed with lowish power VV through the first half of 2015, using carto tanks. I tapered down a bit on total mg intake, was vaping 6mg x 15 ml.

Now I tend to hang out in the 35W zone, primarily squonkers. With recent improvements in batteries I'm really enjoying mechs as much as regulated devices. My nic consumption is now 2mg x 30 ml

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've gone through a lot of change in my vaping over time. Started with an eGo-C kit in early 2012 using about 4 ml of 18 mg juice per day at about 7 watts, to clearos and then cartos with slightly higher consumption, then moved on to mech mods with Genisis atties and then drippers at around 35 watts over the next few year using about 15 ml per day with way lower nic. Squonking was good too :)

The last couple of years I'm into rebuildable tanks and am now at about 1 mg nic at around 13 watts and 6-10 ml a day.

It's been a neat journey and I have not smoked a cigarette since around May 2012.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
I started with an ego in early 2013 and then went on a mad buying spree for the next 3 years - caused by the negative atmosphere here in the UK and a worry I wouldn't be able to continue to vape. (Still only spent the equivalent of 18 months smoking max.)

I went from ego-T to battery tubes and then added in box mods and some mechs for peace of mind (still not used) etc..

I started diying about 6 months in and started by trying unflavoured – loved it and have mainly vaped unflavoured ever since - occasionally add a few drops (literally) of premix to a 20ml bottle for a change. I have always vaped very high PG. (VG makes me want to constantly clear my throat)

Reduced nicotine from 28mg down to 3mg then went back up to 9mg. Have enough nicotine for around 20 years at 9mg – may or may not reduce further. Stayed MTL & have vaped 3-4 ml a day, around 8 w and 1.3 – 1.8 ohm coils for years now.

All of my stuff is pretty old school – currently provari mini/ kayfun lite, dani basic/ sophia v1 and also have a billet box & clr tank in rotation. I have bought very little over the last couple of years – aspire gusto for out & about (refilled the pods many, many times) and a squonk mod to try. I am currently enjoying working through my 'stash' and revisiting old favourites. I am a 'want' not 'need' vaper now – happy to only spend on batteries and PG and keep it simple.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I've only tried salt-nic-b so far. It gets the job done alright in my pod devices, but it seems to give me a headache easily and I sneeze if I overdo it. I tried to put it in my main vape once and didn't like the way it worked. I feel that the faint peppery taste of freebase nic provides the sensation of an active ingredient which allows me to better self-regulate. SN seems to lack that, ie. it's too smooth so I don't know when to stop. It'd probably be different if I had started with SN instead of freebase. And as time goes on I'm getting used to it.
my start with nic salt was kinda your situation, lowered from 36mg to 30 mg, 28 seldom, then i guess i did get used to, sat on 28 / 30mg mark, amazing results, i mostly use even during work time the mtl rta setup and pods to be continuously vaping, maybe all you need is finding your sweet spot nic salt tolerance mark,

I went from ego-T to battery tubes and then added in box mods and some mechs for peace of mind (still not used) etc..
well, mechs provide a sweet sensation, pretty simple i could tell, but so satisfying i like a lot the mech mod feeling, simplicity and for sure the enthusiasm of using one, there are several bad things and comments about'em almost everywhere!

Reactions: GOMuniEsq
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread