Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
What have you noticed about your vaping habits and needs changing since you started vaping?

For me I've noticed a lot of changes from two years ago until today:

(1)When I started I had to change flavors multiple times each day and that continued for a long time. Today I can vape the same flavor all day or even for several days in a row before I decide to change flavors. And by the way, it has nothing to do with finding a flavor I could vape all day as some I vape are the same flavors i was using in the beginning and others are new flavors.

(2) I really enjoyed having a variety of different ecigs and mods to use. I rarely used only one mod all day. Now, many of my mods sit unused because I no longer feel the need to use different ones on a daily basis.

(3) I've lost my desire to try new vaping toys. I'm totally content with what I have. I dont beleive it's becuase my newest toys are better then my older toys since what I use most often is a combination of old and new things. I think I've just come to an overall contentment about vaping that I could only find through time.

(4) I've experience the movement from low voltage to high voltage vaping. I fell in love with VV which i still beleive gives you the best of all worlds of vaping BUT my need for high voltage vaping has deminished greatly and I rarely find myself doing high voltage today.

(5)For most of my vaping journey I've most often used high PG content juice. Just recently I've developed issues with high PG content and have had to change to using high VG content juice. No clue why it took over two years for that to happen but I do find it interesting.

(6) I started with 20mg juice and over the first four months of my vaping found myself using 0 mg sometimes. Today I normally vape between 0mg-3 mg juice although I do also occasionally vape some 6 mg vendor juice. Other then a few drops to taste test I cant tolerate higher then 6 mg juice at all. I've lost my addiction to nicotine, but I see nothing wrong with occasionally vaping low amounts of nicotine so I do. :)

(7) Quitting vaping was never in my plans unless the FDA managed to find a way to make obtaining vaping supplies very difficult. I still have no plans to quit, but I do wonder if after two years of getting to this point of vaping I will find in another year or two that quitting has made its way into my future.

SOOO, what are the changes you've experienced ?

Last edited:
Mine have changed even in six weeks!

1) I started with a wide selection of juice flavors, most of which I simply thought tasted like socks. I've stabilized to two flavors, both DIY, after finding that I prefer a warm menthol and raspberry/pomegranate.

2) My hardware stabilized at the Vision Spinner for my two main devices. I still use the Volt X2, though.

3) My post-battery hardware hasn't stabilized yet but it's getting closer. I like cleartos and LR dual-coil cartos.

4) My milliliters per day vaped seems to be going down a little bit. At first, I had to fiddle with nic levels but finally stabilized that at 22 mg/ml for the time being. I do plan to cut that back, and I'd like to hit 12 by next summer if possible...but won't beat myself up if I don't.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
my changing of flavors has greatly diminished. mainly because i have found out that some flavors, no matter how delicious, cannot offer me the TH i desire.

i never got too into the array of mods thing. sure i have a few, but they each serve a purpose. provari is my main PV. twist for a slim vv device. vmod for mechanical/juice-fed stealth device, and a passthru for when my batts/device are dead/charging/in the shop/etc.

i have also noticed a decrease in my desire to try "the next new thing" in terms of juice delivery systems. my current setup works wonderfully. novas for large reservoir, and atties for no reservoir. i'll toss in a carto/EMDCC here and there for good measure / medium reservoir category.

my nic% has remained constant. other than experimenting around a year ago to get my desired level, i stay in the 18-24mg range. anything lower and the lack of TH makes me sad.

PG hasnt ever given me a problem and i really hope it stays that way. ive only ran across 1 VG juice that i can get any semblance of a TH from. i do however like *some* VG. 100% PG just seems like such an incomplete vaping experience. 30-35%VG is my sweet spot.

and another change is my new lack of appreciation for tobacco flavors. i still really like flavored tobaccos, but only if the tobacco takes a back seat. if the tobacco flavor is the front-runner, i probably wont like it. after my taste buds recovered from cigarettes, i lost my appreciation for tobacco flavors. but when i first started vaping, i enjoyed tobacco flavors quite a bit.

Last edited:

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I have been vaping 11 mos almost and at first I wanted to try everything out there. Now I have slowed down with a mix I found I like and pretty much stick with that and a new treat here and there. Figure I smoked roughly the same type cigs 48 yrs, I must be a creature of habit. Tend to like certain tobacco flavors and some fruits. I usually use about 70/30 but on my next batch may try 60/40. Too much vg gives me a heavy greasy feeling if you can figure that one out. NIc down just a little to 12mg but may get to 10mg next. The vivi nova has been one of the best in equip I've found so far and love my vv at about 4.2-4.4v no higher. I have no intentions of quitting vaping. I like being prepared have plenty of equip, nic in the freezer, and quite a few flavors.

DreamingButterfly81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
I've been vaping for 8 months, and I have dropped my nic from 24 now to 12, though I'm still transitioning, I have a lot of 18mg left. But I went two days on 12 without realizing it so now I order at 12. I never expected to drop my nic.

My need for throat hit has diminished, I still need some but not near what I did. I developed a minor sensitivity to pg, and have gone from 70/30 to now 50/50 max pg. Usually I like 40/60 or 30/70. I do still change flavors a lot, but not like I used too. I can stick with flavors for a day or two sometimes.

I still love to try new flavors and stuff, I've still got a huge wish list, but its not a *must* list LOL.

I don't intend to quit vaping. But then, I didn't intend to drop my nic either. :)

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
(1)When I started I had to change flavors multiple times each day and that continued for a long time.
I never really did a lot of flavor changing. I always liked menthol. I tried a few menthols from vendors and found a few I liked. Eventually I moved on to DIY and make my own, now. Have no intention to change!

(2) I really enjoyed having a variety of different ecigs and mods to use. I rarely used only one mod all day. Now, many of my mods sit unused because I no longer feel the need to use different ones on a daily basis.
Me too. I have a formidable collection of PVs...but the ones I use all the time are the eGo T Mod, the ST telescope and the 3.7 Gripper.

(3) I've lost my desire to try new vaping toys. I'm totally content with what I have. I dont beleive it's becuase my newest toys are better then my older toys since what I use most often is a combination of old and new things. I think I've just come to an overall contentment about vaping that I could only find through time.
Again..me too. I did indulge in the telescope mod because I wanted a mechanical mod that I could rely on to not get a fried circuit or broken wire. But now my interest in the toys is sated.

(4) I've experience the movement from low voltage to high voltage vaping. I fell in love with VV which i still beleive gives you the best of all worlds of vaping BUT my need for high voltage vaping has deminished greatly and I rarely find myself doing high voltage today.
Again likewise here. Tried the VV and it was a fun and interesting adventure. I'm done now. I know what watts I prefer to vape...and high voltage isn't needed for what I like. I'm good with 3.4 to 3.7 volts. I can change up my ohms if I want. It's enough.

(5)For most of my vaping journey I've most often used high PG content juice. Just recently I've developed issues with high PG content and have had to change to using high VG content juice. No clue why it took over two years for that to happen but I do find it interesting.
I'm still mostly PG because VG tended to mess with my sinuses and "coat" my throat. But I have introduced a small amount of VGnow and my DIY is 85PG/15VG. It's working fine for me.

(6) I started with 20mg juice and over the first four months of my vaping found myself using 0 mg sometimes. Today I normally vape between 0mg-3 mg juice although I do also occasionally vape some 6 mg vendor juice. Other then a few drops to taste test I cant tolerate higher then 6 mg juice at all. I've lost my addiction to nicotine, but I see nothing wrong with occasionally vaping low amounts of nicotine so I do.
Started with 18mg., tried 24mg and got sick. Dropped to 12mg. first of the year and have been dropping ever since. Currently on 5mg. and will be on 4mg. by November.

(7) Quitting vaping was never in my plans unless the FDA managed to find a way to make obtaining vaping supplies very difficult. I still have no plans to quit, but I do wonder if after two years of getting to this point of vaping I will find in another year or two that quitting has made its way into my future.
Since I have the equipment now...and plan to be on 0 nic within a couple of months, I figure I can continue to vape all I want to...so long as the batteries, PG, VG and flavoring is sold. They can't really regulate THAT now can they? I vape for pleasure, and have broken the bonds of nicotine (mostly...it's just a matter of a couple of more months and it's outta my life). I have every intention of continuing to vape until they pry a PV from my cold dead fingers.

monkeybusiness

Sep 15, 2012
notts uk
I was a heavy smoker, but felt ill on the higher nic juices. I stepped down to twelve, and still occasionally got nicotine overdose symptoms if I vaped constantly. Now I'm down to six.

I can take vaping or leave it. I don't think I am addicted anymore. I've gone days without it, it's a pleasure rather than an addiction. I never could go without a cigarette for more than 24 hours.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The only real equipment change I've had is that once I went up to higher voltage there was no going back.

As far as juice changes, I started with bakery, coffee, candy and tobacco flavors.
Over time, the bakery flavors have mostly fallen off my reorder list, as well as most of the candy flavors.

The only real survivors are Junior Mint Daddy, Belgian Cocoa, Tastyfinger, and Blueberry Muffin.
But tobacco and coffee flavors appear to be here to stay.
:)

As for nicotine, I started with 12mg strength and even after three years I intend to stay right there.
However I have been vaping much less often, and I have also incorporated some WTA juice into the mix.

Nowadays I often don't have my first vape until late afternoon.

I do vape a lot when I'm drinking, and I always will.
And when I get stressed about something I will break out the WTA juice.
But other than that, my vaping has decreased in frequency quite a bit from where I started.

If I could be assured that vaping was reasonably safe though, I would be vaping a lot more.

Last edited:

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
a lot of the same for me after over 2 yrs. I have settled into 1 diy mix that I use almost all the time. my nic level has decreased however I do raise it bit if I'm having a rough time then go back down. there are some model batts mods and cartos I have interest in but I dont have that gotta have it feeling. havent bought a new ecig in over a year but thinking of ego twist. seems like once the whole newness is over I just feel more content with what I have.

cwolfman13

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2012
New Mexico
Well, I'm pretty new at all of this, but things are already changing:

1.) I always thought I'd be a tobacco flavor guy, no matter what...just 25 days in, and I'm still enjoying my RY 4 and I love vaping my "Black Honey" with a nice bourbon and rocks...but I'm already branching out. Really enjoying Green Tea and Raspberry...either separately or together. I think I could seriously get into some of these fruity flavors now that my taste buds are returning.

2.) I find myself vaping less than when I first started. My first couple of weeks, it seemed my PV was permanately affixed to my lips. Now that I've gotten over that first couple of weeks, I still vape quite a bit, but I have seen a pretty substantial decrease in my MLs/day.

That's it really...still happy with my gear, though I do want to give the vivi tanks a go. Still not feeling the hobby aspect of it all...mods, etc...probably never will. I'm smoke free and I'm happy!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
By the way, great idea for a thread!

Not only is what we think we want and/or need when we start using an electronic cigarette quite personal...
But so is the journey that we go on to find out what we REALLY want and/or need.

Because so often we start out not even really knowing what we want and/or need, even though we think we do.

And then there is the journey to find what equipment satisfies what we want and/or need...
Which is often confounded and prolonged by what we think we want/need versus what we REALLY want/need.

And all of this is complicated by the fact that what we want and/or need can change over time.
And often does.

This thread should be a sticky that can show newbies that one should never give up on vaping.
In the end, you will almost certainly figure out all of the above.

The lucky ones do it quickly, and at less expense.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
I am a year, 5 months and 2 days vaping, with no cigarettes. At first I was chasing devices, trying to get backups, trying to find flavors. It didn't take very long to realize that the complete taste and vaping experience comes from whatever atty/carto/delivery system, all the rest of it is just a battery. There are very differing ways the battery can work, but at the end of the day, all batteries taste the same...

I used to carry several different bottles of juice, now I vape my preferred DIY for weeks at a time with no changes. That also means no more differing flavor atty/cartos to keep track of.

As a fairly heavy smoker I started vaping 24mg, now I hover around 10-12mg.

In my first few months of vaping I had some device failures, and was excited about quitting smoking so any trip outside my house involved backups of backups. Now I have devices I like and work well for me, so I keep a few spare cartos and juice at work and in vehicle in case of emergency. My preferred device (Darwin) always has more battery life than I can stay awake so I never deal with charging or changing batteries during the day. I keep a functioning PV spare at work.

VV is an excellent way to find out what you really like, without having to own handfuls of batteries and a dozen PVs. Once I found what I like, I rarely vary too far from it. A little higher in the mornings or stress, a little less at night.

For those starting out, I would advise to keep trying to find what works for you. As long as you don't smoke for a while, you can afford any device you want. Nobody needs 50 PVs, but if you get into the collection aspect of it, that's fun also. Once you get comfortable with something that works for you, it gets a whole lot easier!

The most important thing is that we quit smoking! Whatever device does that for you is the best one. Don't be mad if someone else doesn't like your device. It's only the internet. If you stop smoking you are making immeasurable improvements in your life.

People are different.

Last edited:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences :)

Whether we realized it or not, it was impossible when we start our vaping journey to know what our preferences would be a year or more later. Even knowing where each of us is today, no matter how long each of us has been vaping, we still have NO real idea where we will be a few more years from now. ;)

No doubt that is due partially to different vaping toys made available to us but also because we as individuals are always evolving in our our own personal preferences and needs. The only thing that is guaranteed is that change will happen, because it always does, if we want it to or not ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread