Hello all, New here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but would already like to thank you all for helping me out as I've been lurking these forums for the past 5 days. I've been lurking to try and find a good PV for my dad for christmas this year. He's in his 60's and has smoked analogs for about 40 years, 2 PAD. I have been sorting through enormous amount of info found here and through youtube videos in hopes of finding something that he will find easy to use to the point that he will actually use it. For him I think to start something that looks like a real cig is a key, so I think I'm going to get him the starter kit from V4L.

On the other side of things I'm not a smoker but a chewer, about a tin a day. No idea if vapeing will work for me but I'm going to give it a shot none the less. I smoked for about 8 years before swapping to chew and have chewed for about the last 8 years. What my plan is, is to get the E-power kit from CCV once its back in stock, I like the fact that it comes with the ressurector cartos. Both of these will be gifts for my dad in hopes to get him going on something healthier than analogs and allow me to test them and see if its something that will satisfy my cravings.

I thank all of you here for helping me pick those two items. I do however have some further questions...just too much info and I'm starting to get confused. For the Ultimate Ultimatum kit (808) from V4L are there other things I should pick up, what Carto's should I get as spares? Basicly I need to know about accessories for both kits, I want to attempt to make the transition for my dad as easy as it can be and not a PITA.

For the E-power kit I also need to know about accessories, and also if there is a tank that fits it and the ressurector cartos, or should I get some dual coil Cartos and a tank for those (Im very interested in getting a tank, I think that will make life easy)

Also looking for juice reccomendations, probably tobacco flavor, I understand nothing is going to match what hes smoking now but a decent tobacco flavor, he smoked Viceroy for years until they cancelled them and now he smokes camel. I chew copenhagen long cut, doubt there's a match for that but for me its less of an issue.

I'm sure there's things I missed, I'm way overloaded on info so any input is vastly appreciated. Also we are both masons so we are active during the day so if you all have a better idea on a PV based on that please shoot it out there.

Once again I thank you all for having such an active forum thats allowed me to choose what I have, those choices are based 100 percent on everyone heres recomendations to others.

Also I apologize for what seems to be a million spelling errors
<----poor speller

Higbe33

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
As for a PV..... check this thread and read what folks say. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...uality-3-7v-box-mods-19-5v-box-mods-28-a.html

I own other PV's, but his 3.7's are what I carry to work every day. That is an inexpensive way to start, yet much better than a cigarette looking PV.

Just have to try juices and see what you like. Good that both of you are trying this because what he doesn't like, you probably will. Good luck and I hope it works for both of you.

Hig

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
Anything the size of a cigarette isn't going to give you any reasonable battery life. The E-Power kit from CCV is a good system and a great value, but right now CCV is dealing with a technical problem with the manufacturer.(got a call from him the other day about mine.)

The resurrector cartos are the best carto I've tried. Can't say enough good about them. Starting out, get the 15 pack deal, they come with drip tips too.

If you want to get started soon, get two of these:
Joye eGo USB PassThrough
It's a no brainer battery system with a charger built in. You can vape and charge at the same time. I vape like a madman and get 6 hours on a full charge. It plugs into any USB socket.

Puresmoker doesn't have the cheapest juice, but all of their flavors are strong and well rounded.

Thanks again everyone, and thank you Trailblazer for the link to madvapes, I'm just curious to why the e-power get such poor reviews on there. After seeing those reviews I noticed in another post someone recommended the GLV-2, any opinions on that?

As for the 808 kit, should I just get extra cartos from the place I buy it or is there something better out there?

Last edited:

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
I wanted to say hi, welcome and what a wonderful gift to give. Also, I just wanted to mention in case your not totally clear the 808's and e-power components are not compatable.....Meaning it might be a bit cheaper in the long run if you got kits that had the same threading.? 510, 808 ect...... Just a thought :)

I wanted to say hi, welcome and what a wonderful gift to give. Also, I just wanted to mention in case your not totally clear the 808's and e-power components are not compatable.....Meaning it might be a bit cheaper in the long run if you got kits that had the same threading.? 510, 808 ect...... Just a thought :)

Hi Beans,

Yeah I did realize that but it seemed like the 808 kits that look like analogs are what most people recommend in that style, its too bad. I don't think my pop is going to take to a big device to start off with, he's old school on that kind of thing that's why I'm planning on 2 different devices to start, I really want him to enjoy this and take to it :)

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
I think you've done a wonderful job researching this out for your Dad, and what an awesome son you are!!! You are correct in thinking that V4L offers the best in cig size PVs, and if that is important to your Dad (as it would also be for mine) then go for it. You've also thought past that and are ready to go with something that will perform a bit better, should that arise. I think you've got it covered!!

I would suggest starting right there for now and when your Dad has adjusted well to vaping, then look into tanks. They aren't difficult, but an added expense and just to keep costs down initially I would see how he takes to it. Just my 2 cents! You may be spending a bit on juices at first before finding something that you will want a tank full of down the road as well.

I wish you and your Dad lots of success on your vaping journey!!!

I think you've done a wonderful job researching this out for your Dad, and what an awesome son you are!!! You are correct in thinking that V4L offers the best in cig size PVs, and if that is important to your Dad (as it would also be for mine) then go for it. You've also thought past that and are ready to go with something that will perform a bit better, should that arise. I think you've got it covered!!

I would suggest starting right there for now and when your Dad has adjusted well to vaping, then look into tanks. They aren't difficult, but an added expense and just to keep costs down initially I would see how he takes to it. Just my 2 cents! You may be spending a bit on juices at first before finding something that you will want a tank full of down the road as well.

I wish you and your Dad lots of success on your vaping journey!!!

Thank you all for saying I'm an awesome son... lets just call it a bit of payback for years of toleration on my dads part :) I just pulled the trigger on the kit from V4L at 56 percent off which was awesome, thank you V4l for having a great cyber monday sale.

I'm now having trouble picking the second PV, suddenly I'm not so sold on the e-power... once again too much info making me second guess myself. Anyone have a solid alternative, something that's easy to use and will allow for longer usage than the 808 kit I got?

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
I don't own an e-power but I know of those who do and love theirs! I went from an eGo (or 6 lol) to a Buzz Pro, which I love.

Here's the thing....with eGo's, they are longer lasting per charge than smaller batts, but they cost 15 to 20 to replace when they totally burn out. With an e-power or another mod with batts, those units cost more initially, but those batts are less costly to replace when the time comes. I think the e-power is a great choice for a second PV. Again, just my 2 cents!

Others will be along with their thoughts as well. (where's Madjack?) ;) <----owns an e-power and loves it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread