Hello From North Bay, ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hello Everyone:

This is my first post on this site. I'm happy that I found it as I'm relatively new to vaping; about two months now. I'm really very excited about the entire vaping concept and experience. As an analogue smoker for 40 years, I was positive that I'd never give up tobacco, although I tried many, many times (Ziban, Nicorette gum, the Patch etc.). As soon as my vape starter kit arrived I placed my two packages of Players cigs in a Ziploc baggy and put them on a shelf in the basement (just in case...). Since that day I haven't had the urge or desire to smoke an analogue cigarette. I currently vape 18 mg juice which completely satisfies my nicotine addiction. With time I'm hoping to drop that level of nicotine. I realise that the jury is still out on the long term effects of vaping, however, I truly believe that it has to be less harmful than smoking tobacco and the side benefit is that I no longer smell like a dirty ashtray :) I'm very happy.

Cheers,

Peter

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Hello Everyone:

This is my first post on this site. I'm happy that I found it as I'm relatively new to vaping; about two months now. I'm really very excited about the entire vaping concept and experience. As an analogue smoker for 40 years, I was positive that I'd never give up tobacco, although I tried many, many times (Ziban, Nicorette gum, the Patch etc.). As soon as my vape starter kit arrived I placed my two packages of Players cigs in a Ziploc baggy and put them on a shelf in the basement (just in case...). Since that day I haven't had the urge or desire to smoke an analogue cigarette. I currently vape 18 mg juice which completely satisfies my nicotine addiction. With time I'm hoping to drop that level of nicotine. I realise that the jury is still out on the long term effects of vaping, however, I truly believe that it has to be less harmful than smoking tobacco and the side benefit is that I no longer smell like a dirty ashtray :) I'm very happy.

Cheers,

Peter

Canada represent.. welcome to ECF!

nice to see a bunch of Canucks in this thread as well as around the site.

Make sure you drop by the Canada forum once you get your 5 posts in: Canada Forum

wesson

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Congrats! It's a great time of year to drop the stinkies, especially where you're at. ;) Since you've got a few posts to until you're allowed upstream, what's your current vape setup?

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I began vaping using the Halo Triton system. With a 650 mAh batt its nice and small to carry around, yet gives me six to eight hours of juice and batt power before I need a refill/re-power. I purchased the Halo product based on Internet e-cig reviews and am quite happy with the set-up so far. Last week I went out and purchased an Aspire "starter kit" consisting of the carbon fibre 1000 mAh, variable voltage batt, Aspire Mini Nautilus tank, a batt charger and five 1.8 ohm BVC coils. At this stage of vaping I still like the look and feel of something that resembles a cig or cigar - its a mental thing. I've purchased e-juice from Halo direct (USA) and then in Canada, when I found the source, as well as Mad Vapers and Dash Vapes in Toronto and East Coast Vapes out of New Brunswick, all by mail order. I was able to source my Aspire system locally, at one of our two vape shops. So far I generally I prefer Halo juices. They seem to consistently please me although I can't tolerate a couple of their flavours - Captain Jack and Voodoo - too "flowery." I tend to prefer tobacco tastes, however their Malibu, Midnight Apple and Belgium Cocoa are very nice as an evening vape.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread