Hello from TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Good day everyone. I just started vaping last week with a Blu disposable (yea i know).

It didn't take me long to figure out that I wanted more performance per dollar. I can say 2 good things about Blu:
  • A. It finally got me off a 2 PAD habbit for the last 32 years.
  • B. It turned me on to a wonderful, flavorful experience with Johnson Creek juice.

After alot of late night homework reading on this site, I ordered a eGO-C from OVALE. I ordered this past Friday, and was at my door today (Monday). OVALE had the option of LR attie's with the starter kit.

This bad boy hits like a freight train, and the best part is...its not killing me. My next order will be the Apollo V-tube, in stainless of course.

I just want to thank the site owner, and all the distinguished members for the excellent reviews, suggestions, and just plain 2 cents. What a woderful community :)

Ken

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Good day everyone. I just started Vaping last week with a Blu disposable (yea i know).

It didn't take me long to figure out that I wanted more performance per dollar. I can say 2 good things about Blu:
  • A. It finally got me off a 2 PAD habbit for the last 32 years.
  • B. It turned me on to a wonderful, flavorful experience with Johnson Creek Juice.

After alot of late night homework reading on this site, I ordered a eGO-C from OVALE. I ordered this past Friday, and was at my door today (Monday). OVALE had the option of LR attie's with the starter kit.

This bad boy hits like a freight train, and the best part is...its not killing me. My next order will be the Apollo V-tube, in stainless of course.

I just want to thank the site owner, and all the distinguished members for the excellent reviews, suggestions, and just plain 2 cents. What a woderful community :)

Ken

Greetings from CANADA ! Welcome to ECF and Congratulations!

I had a similar start. I had HD Smoke and was frustrated that one battery would not charge before the other was dead. I was checking the Blu site when I noticed eGo mentioned in a review, searched that and it led me to ECF, and ECF led me to a Canadian supplier (the Border is a major issue with e-cigs.That is the purpose of borders, isn't it: to impede the passage of e-cigs?). The Forum has helped me immensely and I have learned a great deal (and gotten some great deals) and have lots more to learn.

The Blu is not a write off. It can still be used to fill in occasionally and I assume the cartomizers can be refilled. Make the most of what you have, although I agree, I wasn't able to completely pass up analogs until I got the "real deal" type batteries. When you find what works for you, stop, relax and enjoy. The other shiny stuff will still be out there and there are constant improvements, so don't make it like trying to have the "latest" cell phone.

Keep your wick wet!

Last edited:

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Friends:
After vaping with my eGo C a few weeks now, I have come to the conclusion the standard tanks are, lets just say, of poor design. The Vision Clearomizer seems to be the hot ticket. I really like the idea of having 6-10 of these little jewels filled with all my favorite juice, and swapping at will. No more flushing out the tanks, flushing out the atties, cleaning the cones, so forth and so on. Just simply unscrew one clearomizer from the batt, and screw on another, and instant flavor change. Blissfull indeed. Cleaning is not to terrible, and rebuilding them seems easy enough. I can see myself in the VERY near future with a VV Mod and clearomizer...I think I have found the holy grail setup.

I need help with one issue...replacment drip tips. I found out standard issue 510 tips wont work, I presume due to lack of threads. I want to purchase multiple color tips and or designs to help destinguish what flavor is in what tank. The clearomizers themselves are avail in different colors, but somewhat limited. I thought about buying a cheap engraving tool and labeling the base ring with flavor info.

The best source for clearomizers, IMO is:

Vision eGo Clearomizer LR 1.6ml (5pk) | eSmoker Online

AND:

Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer(2.4/2.9ohm) [eGo vision] - $4.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

JUst a crazy Idea...Has anyone thought of turning a mini mag flashlight into a PV Mod?...seems like a cool idea?

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
- Snip - JUst a crazy Idea...Has anyone thought of turning a mini mag flashlight into a PV Mod?...seems like a cool idea? - Snip -

Check out the "Mod Forum". Most anything has been converted there. Lots of ideas!

As for the Star Dust, if you are using 3.7 volt (approximately) I would suggest the Low Resistance (2.0 - 2.5 ohm) ones (if you have 900mah or better, if not it shortens battery life too much). I use the SR ones on 3.7 and they are lacking a bit. Still good but could be better. IMHO

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Check out the "Mod Forum". Most anything has been converted there. Lots of ideas!

As for the Star Dust, if you are using 3.7 volt (approximately) I would suggest the Low Resistance (2.0 - 2.5 ohm) ones (if you have 900mah or better, if not it shortens battery life too much). I use the SR ones on 3.7 and they are lacking a bit. Still good but could be better. IMHO

I agree, I ordered the LR 5 pack....using 1000mah @ 3.7v :)

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
OK, so I'm week 3 with my Ego C. In my earlier post I thought I have found the Holy Grail set up with the Ego C Clearomizer(Stardust). Boy was I wrong. When this thing is filled up to the top, and the wick is good and wet, it vapes pretty decent.
When its starts to get low, and you dont keep the wick primed, it hits dry and harsh.

My local e-cig shop turned me onto the Boge LR Carto...I can fully undertsand why everyone raves about them. All this time I thought I was getting good flavor & TH with the "factory attie & tanks" and the Clearomizers. The Boge blows all of that out of the water.

I just came home with a Smok Tech tank and Cart setup. It's ok, but the Boge produces much better vapor and taste. The "J" tank with a Boge, I hope will provide a all day vape and great taste...

I started vaping for two main reasons.
1. Stop the analogs after 32 years.
2. Tired of giving Phillip Morris my paychecks every week.

The e-cigs have passed with flying colors on the first point, but until I find shangri la with my personal taste, my wallet will have to suffer..so be it. Vape until I Die !!

Lonnie Lepp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Texas, USA, Earth
Hey Now Tex,

I have been going to All About Vapor for juices and bought an EGO T kit from them.

I reticently bought two clear Amomizers also.

Jury is out on the Clears.

I have the same concerns about the lack of vapor also one hits easy and the other has a real hard to draw hit.

I like the idea of a tank that I can see into.

I am going to keep looking for a good tank set up.

The atty's that came with the E Go T kit have a low ohm and easy draw. Great vaper cloud and taste.

Keep vaping, cigs suck

Lonnie
I am working at it.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Thanx:
I went and did a silly thing and bought a 5 pack of clearomizers. After vaping on them for a couple of weeks (and getting horrible dry hits) I abondoned them. The Boge 2.0 LR, along with the "J" tank from electronicstyx.com is, IMO, the match made in Heaven for the eGO. Most people "slot" the carto's, but to me that seems more of a hit and miss attempt to get a good juice soak. Since I have a drill press, and of course a nice selection of bit sizes, I drill my own holes. I started with a really small bit, and progressed to larger sizes, until I found the perfect flow for a given juice.

As a Noobie to vaping (not really as i did a tad of vaping several years ago when e-cigs were fairlly new) I did alot of late night reading and Youtube watching It's amazing how this has evolved over the last 5 years. Today, I ordered the new "ECF Approved" Buzz Pro from notcig.com. The dual coils and other related hardware will need more volts than my eGO can put out. It seems if you really want to take advantage of what's out there, you gotta have the horsepower to do it.......

I am thankful to be a part of the vaping community....everyone I have come in contact with is super cool, and its sort of a "brotherhood"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread