<Help> New Reo Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfranks04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
This coil looks centered more than mine and of course a much better micro coil but I don't think I'm off too much. BUT please let me know if you think I am. The first thing I did was drill out the air hole to make it just a little bit larger. I'm vaping 5pawns Grandmaster which I love but I have gotten much better taste with my kayfun. I'm gonna keep doing whatever you all recommend because I know I can get this Reo to rock.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Here are some links to some video's that super_X_drifter did. They are great to help out with micro coils on a BF atty. I recommend watching them and seeing how he does his thing. Supe is pretty good at this, and took the time out to make these vids to help everyone out.

Ric23, thanks for having posted those before, so I could easily find and borrow the links from your post!

EDIT: Ok, since you bounced to the REO forum, I'll link THIS post in there for you, just in case LOL.

This is courtesy of super_x and has helped me a lot!
Micro Coil 101 - Making A Perfect Micro Coil Using The Coil Gizmo By Artistic Wire - YouTube

Micro Coils 101 - Part Two - Mounting The Coil In A Bottom Fed Or Dripping Rebuildable Atomizer - YouTube

Micro Coils 101 - Part Three - Wicking And Vaping - YouTube

dy4emy6y.jpg

Last edited:

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Personally, I can't STAND the flavor output of any of the Kayfun-style atomizers...to me, they taste "dry" - not the nicely "saturated" vape that I get from gennies or drippers. Frankly, I just don't understand all the praise they get, but anyways....

A friend of mine loves that Grandmaster juice and he claims that it just doesn't taste right with low ohm coils or high voltages...maybe that's your problem?? He prefers it at around 3.7 on a 1.5ohm coil, so if you're coil is much lower than that you may be burning the juice.

el Jexican

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
I run a 8 wrap microcoil (around a 5/64) of 26g Kanthal that puts it at .8ohms in my Reo/RM2 and it gives out great flavor and vapor.
I also tried a nano coil at .9ohms with 28g Kanthal and it also produced good flavor. Each device is going to be different with different builds. What works with one won't automatically work for the other. Play around with different builds until you find what works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread