<HELP> New Reo Grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfranks04

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
I dont know what size wire you are using but in addition to making the coil a little less in diameter try uping the wraps just for a test. Like up to about 1.2 ohms and see if the flavor doesnt come through more for you. Dont know what juice youre using either but sometimes I have noticed that I get more flavor out of a higher ohmed coil than a say .08 coil. Try it cant hurt. I can say I have had a russian91 and have used both the rm2 and the russian and the rm2 gives much better flavor for me. Also thinking.. Make sure youre not sing too much cotton.. too much in too tight in the coil will choke the coil.. Too little will not work either. Has to be just about right. When you can just pull it through the coil. Not too loose and not too tight. Doesnt have to have long tails.. You can also adjust height of coil once made. try it in different heights above and below the airhole.. Will make a huge difference.

I have tried several different coil wraps from about .8 to 1.8 and found around 1.2 being the best. I use (and only have) 28 gauge kanthal which seems to be really good.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Those pics where of an earlier build. This is how it is currently.
ypazapat.jpg

My best guess is too much cotton for starters and the tails are too long. Also why is your coil toward the firing button Do you vape with the button up

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
I'm not hating the Reo at all. It seems like a great setup. It's built like a rock and seems so easy but I still cannot get the flavor I want so I'm gonna sell it and hope for a full size Hana v3

Mmm, I'll follow you so I can hear of the tales of the DNA30. My brother got his (not a Hana, though), and is VERY happy. He got to hear about me bragging on the Reo for so long; it's my turn to hear of the 30 watt tales of glorious vape, lol!

Cahdek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I had the same issue with my Reo when I got it. It all came down to my build. At first I was using WAY too much cotton, then I used little wispy guys and still wasn't good. Finally managed to get it figured out and I was in heaven. I have 2 Kayfun Lites, Provari, Nemesis (clone) and a Reo (with a new one on the way). I made the mistake of thinking that the build was going to be exactly the same size micro coil for both but that is not the case.

For the Kayfuns, I use a 5/64" drill bit. For the Reo, I use 1/16". Also, I needed to open up the airhole on the RM2 a bit. I used the 1/16" drill bit and voila! I was in vaping heaven. It took me some time to get it down, but it is still the best vape. I love my kayfuns, but the Reo/RM2 combo is still my favorite.

Maybe this will help, it helped me. Vapedivrr made a nice video of how to setup the RM2 and after I followed his advice, BAM! All my missing flavor showed up: reo mod w/ micro coil - YouTube

I saw you were wanting advice from someone who has both. I too am a flavor junky and not a cloud chaser. I have always found the flavor from my Reo to be "juicier"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread