New Vapor, recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugga99

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Austin
I am new to the vaping world. I jumped head first and got the itaste 134 with the iclear 30's. I have a set of the 18650's, and have been loving it. Cigarette free for 10 days, no problem at all!

I am loving the vaping community, and all the devices to research, learn about, etc. I am looking expand my devices, and would like to know what people recommend. I love the itaste 134, don't mind it's size at all. I have read a lot about the Reo Grand, and people seem to be obsessed with it. Provari, too.

As a relative beginner, would a jump to the Reo Grand be too much? Does it break down a lot, burn out, short out? Would the vv reo be a better choice for a newbie? How much better is the Reo than the itaste 134? I had blu cigs for awhile, those were garbage. The itaste 134 has been a worlds difference.

I would love everyone's thoughts, or just to tell me your setup and what you like. Thanks!!!

swhite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
connecticut
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you found a set-up that works good for you and congrats on your 10 days of no cigs! I have a Provari and love it but have not tried the reo's yet. I read great things about them so I am sure you will love to own one. Hopefully someone who knows more about them will post. Just wanted to welcome you to the group.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Hi and Welcome to ECF!

Grats on the 10 days!! I <3 my Reo lol :D so I may be biased.....buuuuuuut that being said - no, they dont have problems. They are solid, reliable and fiddle free. Its up to you to get a Grand or a VV Grand. The VV Grand would be better if you are concerned with monitoring your batteries and you need VV. It has some safety features that are not in the mechanical versions:
Variable Voltage chip made by NotCigs (maker of the Buzz Pro), giving you the ability to adjust the voltage that best fits your needs between 3.5 volts and 5.5 volts. The chip also has a 15 watt maximum power output, wheel adjustable voltage dial, reverse battery protection, over current protection and over temperature protection. It carries a 6ml bottle on board (and comes with one extra bottle) that holds your e-juice, and runs on two AW IMR 18350 3.7 volt batteries.

So really - the choice is up to you on which one you want. The Reo - is much better for the simple fact of - its fiddle free. It is simple, perfect and dripping removes the need for the tank search. Every vape is dripping. If you have tried dripping on your 134 with a dripping atomizer - its like that - without having to keep refilling your dripper.

Hope this helps some :)

Hugga99

Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Austin
Thanks for all the great replies, and info!

The provari does sound reliable, and awesome, but I figure it is "similar" to the 134 in use...i know the 134 doesn't provide as much info, though. Since they are similar, I figure going for a different mod makes sense.

When buying a Reo, how do you control the watts/voltage? Does the atomizer decide that for you? How frequently does it short, or is that a rarity and only when messing with atomizers that are too powerful?

Any advice is great. All the replies have been awesome so far. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread