Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys !! I am new to vaping and this is my first day on the forum as well. I just started vaping about 5 days ago on a steady pace. Before that I was using a V2 ecig for about a week or so, switching between that and regular cigs. During that time I did plenty of research to figure out what starter kit would be best for me. I decided to go with the Kangertech EMOW. I also bought 8 small bottles of ejuice from a few different companies just to try out. So far, I really like vaping and I'm already looking into upgrading my device. I was a 1 1/2 pack per day smoker for 16 years :smokie:. Since I got my EMOW, I have only been smoking 1 cig in the morning and 1 after dinner, which is GREAT for me :headbang:!! I'm going to try to cut the cigs out completely starting tomorrow. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I look forward to chatting and getting some tips/info !! :thumbs:

Reactions: Coldrake

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Cosmophile_829. Glad to have you here!:)

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are a couple of blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Welcome to the amazing world of vaping! I have been vaping for quite a while now, started in 2006 I think, and have been a lonnnnggg time lurker here on the forums (i can't remember when I first came on here, I think it was 2008 lol and yup that long and I haven't posted before :blush:) but I just decided I was going to start posting finally after reading your post because I just had to come on here and tell you that you are absolutely Amazing!! Congrats on such a huge change!

I remember when I first switched it was a ton easier for me to vape than the patch ever was but it was still pretty rough at times. I know that when I first started vaping the devices were pretty iffy, and the eliquid even more so, but these days you can vape freaking anything! But even with all the advanced e-cigs out there, it doesn't change the fact that it takes one heck of a mentally strong person to just drop a pack and a half habit like that, no matter what you are switching to! Honestly I hope that you remember to just be proud of yourself, because dang! I sure am proud of ya! Haha

And like Nolaguy said, keep at it and one day soon you won't believe you ever wanted to smoke because now the taste of a regular cig is disgusting to me, I'll take my ry4 any day!

Speaking of which, have you found any favorites among your e-liquids so far?

Wow- thank you all soooooooo much !!!! I truly appreciate the warm welcome/positive feedback !! :thumbs: @Susan~S thank you for the links ! I will definitely check them out !! @strigas thank you so much !! Also, to be honest, I haven't tried any of the premium juices yet. I was sort of on a budget so I wanted to make sure I got a good starter kit first and foremost. Then I figured I'd just try some of the cheaper stuff to give me an idea of what I may or may not like. I was a Newport smoker so naturally I figured I'd try a few menthol tobacco blends. Nhale's Nuport is half decent. I bought a Portal Bland from evcigs that is a bit harsh though. I have a thrid that I haven't tried yet. As for the fruity stuff, I am currently vaping on Dekang's Dragon Fruit which is surprisingly good ! I also really like Gummy Bears from dirtcheapejuice.com . I'm sure once I start buying the more expensive stuff I'll look back at this and say "what was I thinking" LOL but we all have our starting point. I honestly think it might be easier for me if I join one of the subscription services like Zamplebox. Seems like a good deal for a variety of good flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread