Kanger emow, aspire nautilus mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelfunk

Aug 21, 2014
CA
Hi Everybody!

I lurked around these forums about 6 months ago when I first picked up vaping. I fell back on the real cigs, and am gearing up to give it another shot now.

My only device had been the eroll, which was really cool, and I plan to still use it, but I do have a few major gripes with it. The biggest is just how easy it is to get a dry hit, even if the tank is full, ruining the (still expensive) atomizer. It's also pretty fiddly, and leaks from time to time.

I'll keep it around, but I want something that 'just works', while still being small enough to stick in my pocket for the night. It looks like the nautilus mini has a lot of fans here, and I was about to pick one up when I noticed the kanger emow. It looks really cleanly put together and is a fair bit cheaper than piecing together a nautilus and ego style battery. I couldn't find any direct comparisons, does anyone here have experience with both of them?

I'm looking for:
atomizer lifespan
reliablility - not having to suddenly troubleshoot why it's not 'just working'
perfomance, I'm sure both are great, but would the nautilus mini with a VV battery be way better, or about comparable to the emow?
form factor / looks. I like how the emow probably packs a little more into the size of its package, as it was designed as a whole unit (not having to use a collar like the nautilus depending on the battery).

Thanks!

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
The tank for the emow is the aerotank mow and can be bought separately. They also sit flush with vision spinner ii's. The work the same as any of the new aerotanks or genitanks, which is to say pretty well. I can't speak to the emow batteries or the nautilus tanks. In the end I think either would work well though, and it is just a question of cost, looks, etc. I would shop around though. You can get spinner ii's on eBay with a charge cable for under 20 bucks for example. Just make sure you buy from a seller with a large amount of positive feedback if you go that route.

Cirrusx1

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2014
Buffalo Grove , IL, USA
I haven't used a Mini Nautilus but I do use and love the Kanger Mow. Stupid name lol! Great little tank! It's like a large glass Evod with airflow. Performs just like a newer Aerotank but with the v3 control. Fit's perfectly on a vision spinner 2 but my favorite is on the MVP2. Looks and vapes great. It's built like a tank.... the other kind :D
2014-08-07_19.43.23-1[1].jpg
And it's inexpensive!
Got mine here.
http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers-cartomizers-tanks/kanger-65/kanger-aerotank.html

I do want a mini Nautilus one day but then again... I want everything:laugh:

Last edited:

MORTIS e

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I have both the Kanger Aerotank Mini and the Nautilus Mini. Haven't tried the Mow tank but I do prefer the design of the Mow air adjustment, mainly because I use the Aerotank almost completely closed and its very difficult to get back to a precise setting on the draw when it gets knocked out of adjustment which happens every time I remove/attach the tank to a battery. With 5 selectable air holes on the Mow (and Genetank) I expect the Mow air adjustment to be as easy to set as the Nautilus.

Assuming the Mow vapes the same as the Aerotank, which I have, then I generally prefer the way the Nautilus with the BVC coil vapes. The Aerotank with a 1.5 ohm coil in my experience is more limited in the voltage/wattage I can apply to it. Give it too much and it easily gives a burnt taste, whereas the Nautlius BVC coils can take a huge range in power and is always smooth with a full-bodied vape. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Areotank and the new dual coils - very good vapor and flavour; its just less able to be pushed to higher voltage/wattage when you want that bigger hit of vapor.

Ok so I'm going on here a bit..., so about the Emow with its Mow tank. I was considering adding it to my collection, mainly for that better air adjustment, the higher mAh battery, and it just looks so perdy, but I've decided to wait for the Emow Mega. The Mega with its Evod VV battery is 1600 mAh and has true variable voltage between 3.2 - 4.8 volts, where as the smaller Emow is 1300 mAh and has only 3 selectable voltages of, I think 3.7, 4.2, and 4.8. I always end up wanting something in between those choices.
The smaller Mow tank supposedly hold 1.8 mil of juice as opposed to 2.8 mil in the Mow Mega.
The Evod VV 1600 mAh battery that comes with the Mega is also a more standard width of 19mm and comes with a beauty ring, and so it should smoothly match up better with other tanks from kanger and other brands. I plan to use my Nautilus Mini, also 19mm wide, on that bigger battery; should make a sweet combo.

Ok that may be more info than you wanted, but I hope it helps.

lsdiscs

Moved On
Sep 2, 2014
topeka kansas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

lsdiscs

Moved On
Sep 2, 2014
topeka kansas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

MORTIS e

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Concerning the emow mega, as the poster above described, it does have the twist voltage adjustor but that adds to the length of the unit. It is also larger in diameter obviously. I have both and rarely use the mega. Just a preference thing I suppose. For comparison, if you have a vision 650mah spinner coupled with a aerotank mini, the length is the same as the mow and 1300mah battery that comes with the kit.

lsdiscs: Yes you're right, it is a matter of preference. And yes the Evod VV 1600 mAh batt that comes with the Mega is a little longer that the 1300 Emow batt, and believe me I hate looong batteries. That 1600 is only 105 mm long and is actually the shortest VV battery available from any brand. It's even 1mm shorter than the Evod VV 650 mAh batt. Another benefit is you can order that 1600 VV batt separately if needed, which I've already done before I get the Mega kit.
As for the tanks, I personally I go through 1.8 mils of juice too quickly, but yeah - we all have different needs and the OP has a good bit of info in this thread to help make a decision :thumb:

Steeldragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Orlando, FL
I like the look of the airflow adjustment on the emow tank. The only Kanger tank that is similiar is the Giant. I know Kanger is also due to release new variable watt batteries called the IPOW 2 which is a 1300 and 1600 with a variable wattage up to 12 watts. That is a 19 mm battery also the release for those is any day now

MORTIS e

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I like the look of the airflow adjustment on the emow tank. The only Kanger tank that is similiar is the Giant. I know Kanger is also due to release new variable watt batteries called the IPOW 2 which is a 1300 and 1600 with a variable wattage up to 12 watts. That is a 19 mm battery also the release for those is any day now

Ah, yeah that new Ipow 2 with VV/VW looks like a very impressive ego battery. I only knew about the old 650 mah version which I thought was poorly designed. That new Ipow 2 has a removable ego/510 connection revealing a flush 510 connection which allows 510 tanks to sit lower and flush with the batt; Nice! Also has vent holes along the side and a heat sensor... or so the literature says.

man all these vape toys are killing me :D .... ok now back to thread topic.

kwill36

Aug 28, 2014
Austin, TX
I have two Emow's and also the Emow Mega kit. I thought about getting the Nautilus mini when I bought the Emow Mega kit, but wanted another 1600+ mah battery to compliment my Spinner 2. With all that said, the Emows are really nice aesthetically, pump loads of vapor and taste great (better than my mini protank 3's). Is the nautilus mini better? I tried one at the local shop and every now and then I could see a difference in flavor, but not enough for the price difference. In all other categories, the emow wins for sure. Plus, I have a few Aspire ETS BDC tanks that can get me a little more flavor when needed, and they're like 8 bucks max most places. :) Go Emow for sure.

ratgt

Apr 9, 2014
Sweden
I have spent large amounts of money in order to go through almost all top clearomizers and clearotanks. And on these last weeks I've been switching frequently between the Nautilus Mini and the latest Kangers clears, which are hands down, the Kings of clearosat at the moment being.
Where Nautilus Mini beats the bunch of Pro Tank 3, Aero Tank v1/v2, MOW, etc. is the larger tank, greater amounts of vapor, better airflow than any other clearo and that it stands quite ok against higher Voltages/Wattages.
Where the Kanger bunch shines against the Naituluses, is the higher longitivtiy of the Kanger atomizers (in comparison to the BVCs which get quite easily burned out), less prone to breaking the pyrex glass in accidental drops, provides more 'concentrated' taste of the e-juice and also the ability to handle 100% VG (the BVCs can maximum handle 40 PG/ 60 VG).
The Nautilus Mini looks better on a VV/VW Mod while the MOW is flush and stylish on a similarly colored Spinner II.
At least this my experience!

Last edited:

Narpho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Huntersville, NC
I have spent large amounts of money in order to go through almost all top clearomizers and clearotanks. And on these last weeks I've been switching frequently between the Nautilus Mini and the latest Kangers clears, which are hands down, the Kings of clearosat at the moment being.
Where Nautilus Mini beats the bunch of Pro Tank 3, Aero Tank v1/v2, MOW, etc. is the larger tank, greater amounts of vapor, better airflow than any other clearo and that it stands quite ok against higher Voltages/Wattages.
Where the Kanger bunch shines against the Naituluses, is the higher longitivtiy of the Kanger atomizers (in comparison to the BVCs which get quite easily burned out), less prone to breaking the pyrex glass in accidental drops, provides more 'concentrated' taste of the e-juice and also the ability to handle 100% VG (the BVCs can maximum handle 40 PG/ 60 VG).
The Nautilus Mini looks better on a VV/VW Mod while the MOW is flush and stylish on a similarly colored Spinner II.
At least this my experience!

I don't know...today I vaped 10ml of 20pg/80vg in my mini. Didn't seem to have any problems. First time trying 80vg so we'll see how it goes.

kwill36

Aug 28, 2014
Austin, TX
lsdiscs: Yes you're right, it is a matter of preference. And yes the Evod VV 1600 mAh batt that comes with the Mega is a little longer that the 1300 Emow batt, and believe me I hate looong batteries. That 1600 is only 105 mm long and is actually the shortest VV battery available from any brand. It's even 1mm shorter than the Evod VV 650 mAh batt. Another benefit is you can order that 1600 VV batt separately if needed, which I've already done before I get the Mega kit.
As for the tanks, I personally I go through 1.8 mils of juice too quickly, but yeah - we all have different needs and the OP has a good bit of info in this thread to help make a decision :thumb:

Everything you said is spot on about the Emow Mega tank and battery. It's more compact than my Spinner 2 just based on how short it is. One minor correction, the Emow Mega tank that comes with the kit actually holds 2.8 ml of juice as opposed the 1.8 ml from the standard size Emow tank. I've more than managed to get through a whole day chain vaping with it. :)

And where'd you find the Emow Mega battery separately? I'd like an extra for sure. Wish they'd come out with the tank separately also as that's what I really want an extra of.

Rendlan

Sep 5, 2014
I use the vision spinner 2 battery, probably the best eGo battery before your getting to APV's, I used KangerTech ProTank 3 but I had some issues with it, I'm now vaping with the Aspire Nautalis full sized 5mL tank, I suggest it because of its size I fill it every 2-3 days. So the extra 5-10$ is worth it for the full sized tank. I like aspire Nautilus because I have the options of 4 different drag settings along with the 4v settings

MORTIS e

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Everything you said is spot on about the Emow Mega tank and battery. It's more compact than my Spinner 2 just based on how short it is. One minor correction, the Emow Mega tank that comes with the kit actually holds 2.8 ml of juice as opposed the 1.8 ml from the standard size Emow tank. I've more than managed to get through a whole day chain vaping with it. :)

And where'd you find the Emow Mega battery separately? I'd like an extra for sure. Wish they'd come out with the tank separately also as that's what I really want an extra of.

I was addressing what another poster said about his preference of the standard Emow kit which I thought was too small for me at 1.8 mil. (see also my 1st post on page 1)
Yes the Mega has a 2.8mil tank; and that paired with a very short, fully VV 1600 mAh batt makes it one of the best ego kits out there.

As for getting spare batteries for the Mega, its still a very new kit and neither the kit or that battery is here yet in Canada, but I have ordered it through my B&M and its taking a long time. However you being in the US, you might consider ordering it from 'Sweet Vapes' Kanger EVOD VV 1600mah - New. Might have the tanks separate too, I don't know. I've never ordered from them before so you'll have to decide if you feel they're a safe bet, but I've been temped because my local order is taking sooo long.

Last edited:

kwill36

Aug 28, 2014
Austin, TX
I was addressing what another poster said about his preference of the standard Emow kit which I thought was too small for me at 1.8 mil. (see also my 1st post on page 1)
Yes the Mega has a 2.8mil tank; and that paired with a very short, fully VV 1600 mAh batt makes it one of the best ego kits out there.

As for getting spare batteries for the Mega, its still a very new kit and neither the kit or that battery is here yet in Canada, but I have ordered it through my B&M and its taking a long time. However you being in the US, you might consider ordering it from 'Sweet Vapes' Kanger EVOD VV 1600mah - New. Might have the tanks separate too, I don't know. I've never ordered from them before so you'll have to decide if you feel they're a safe bet, but I've been temped because my local order is taking sooo long.

Certainly my apologies. I didn't put the two posts together (I can be slow at times). :D

Thanks a lot for the link to Sweet Vapes! I believe I've seen folks post about them before and they should be legit to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread