How long did it take you to be analog free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RANGERmsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
right now im on my third day vaping. i was almost to a full pack a day. unfortunately i broke down today and bought a pack and smoked one cigarette and gave the pack to my brother to hide from me. honestly its harder than i expected but im trying to be atleast cigarette free within a week or two.

You need not feel bad for having an occasional smoke. Quitting is good, but sometimes just slowing down is just as good. I think you'll find you will crave them less as the days go by even if you do have one every now and then. Matter of fact, you should probably have one every few days to see how bad they will taste as you progress. At least thats how it was for me. It will take your system a little time to "settle in". Theres more to the cig than just nicotine you have to get over, but you will. Good luck!

Gab-Zilla

Nov 21, 2012
Towson, MD
Okay.....reading all your posts to my thread has inspired me. Nothing but vaping for me from now on!! I gotta give it a shot, right???

I've just tossed my last 5 analogs. I broke them up & flushed them to keep me from being tempted. I've heard that if you make it through the first 72 hours, you're chances are good. So I'm taking my first step. I'm stocked up on vape gear & ready to go.

I've been hanging on to a quit counter, waiting until I'm truly smoke-free before I use it. The counter goes up now!

Thanks, ECF!!!!! It was just the push I need!!!!:thumbs:

Last edited:

InterFace

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2012
Estonia, Tallinn
www.javest.ee
I smoked about 13 years and 1-1.5 packs a day. 6 days ago i decided that i really dont want to smoke anymore, because i get some chest pain sometimes and overall feeling aint right but i love to "smoke" ...
after 4 days without cigarettes (i did one last cigarette 6 days ago and went to sleep and never touched them again - i still got the half-empty pack on the table :D ) "feeling" was getting worse and worse (dizzy , nervous, headache, etc) so i knew that i need somekind of replacement for cigarettes. i heard about e-cigarettes few years ago but didnt think much of them but still, decided to do a little research.
on 5th day (yesterday) i went to shop and bought myselft an eGo-t kit + clearomizer. i love it! i never-ever want to smoke another cigarette in my life - this is just so-so much better :D no dizzines , no headaches - everything is great.
+ i feel way way better , chest doesnt hurt and so on

doing 18mg nic juice with mint flavour at the moment. will try apple and others things soon also.

Last edited:

Gab-Zilla

Nov 21, 2012
Towson, MD
Okay.....reading all your posts to my thread has inspired me. Nothing but vaping for me from now on!! I gotta give it a shot, right???

I've just tossed my last 5 analogs. I broke them up & flushed them to keep me from being tempted. I've heard that if you make it through the first 72 hours, you're chances are good. So I'm taking my first step. I'm stocked up on vape gear & ready to go.

I've been hanging on to a quit counter, waiting until I'm truly smoke-free before I use it. The counter goes up now!

Thanks, ECF!!!!! It was just the push I need!!!!:thumbs:

Canospam

Nov 3, 2012
Boston
Everybody's different. I started vaping about two months ago. I had no intention to completely quit. I had tried a disposable that a friend of mine had, and it was...well, not awful but not great -- but it was SOMETHING. So, off to the Internet I went, figuring that if a cheap disposable could be ok, maybe somebody out there had come up with something better.
I was not prepared for the blizzard of equipment and inscrutable terminology that I encountered, but I finally found Smokeless Image. They were simple, straight forward, and reasonably priced, so I took a chance on a starter kit (I no longer use anything that I got in that first order, but I'll never regret that purchase).
I smoked for the first week, along with vaping. My intent was to mitigate my smoking habit, not quit. I focused on cutting out seven packs of smokes, which is what the kit cost me. I found that I was smoking a little less every day, eventually breaking through at the end of the week -- a whole day with no smokes. I decided to try stringing it out to a second day, then a third. I'm now two months in, and I couldn't be happier.
I'm not going to lie, there was a bit of tension the first week I was off the smokes, but nothing like a full blown nic fit. I suspect that I was missing some of the other 'mystery' alkyloids that cigarette smoke contains, along with the rapid nic hit that cigarettes give you (they are more efficient at rushing nicotine into your system).
I also think that, for me, keeping track of the money that I've saved and spending it on ecig equipment really helped, particularly in the beginning. Also, I picked up some heavy duty 36mg/ml juice that I used when I went out to a pub/drank my morning coffee/insert your favorite smoking situation here. That helped me A LOT. My normal juice was 24 mg/ml. I am currently down to alternating between 18 and 12, with no plans to drop lower any time soon. Maybe in a few months I'll try a 6 or 8 mg/ml.
Anyway, sorry for the long ramble. I'll finish by saying that, at two months off the smokes (Camels, PAD, 20 years), I feel terrific and have no intention to go back. Tried a drag off one of my wife's cigarettes a few weeks ago (I got curious), and it was awful.
Good luck to you. Don't pressure yourself. Get some small, easy victories behind you and start rolling.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I was told by a good friend and fellow vaper before I started to basically get rid of a of my lighters, ashtrays, etc.. I was also told that when got a craving for a analog to grab my ecig & puff away as much as I like! He said to tell myself that this was my cig. It hasn't been but a couple of days...still a newbie...but it's worked so far or me. I also ordered samples or small sizes of liquid so that I won't get bored & be tempted to go back to smoking analogs. It's been a couple days & I still have 3 packs of analogs left that I haven't event touched!
Hope this helped!

Good luck! The people on here have def helped me out bunches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread