How long did it take you to be analog free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
A few weeks, I think. The first cigarette of the morning was the hardest to give up. I put my mind to it and made sure my PV was ready to go with 36mg juice in the morning and finally kicked that one. After a very short amount of time, I began to really dislike the taste and inhaling hot smoke as well. I definitely prefer my PV over cigarettes. It's not just a substitution.

Everyone is different. If you still smoke a few cigarettes, don't give up on your PV. It's still less smoke, less money, and less carcinogens in your lungs than if you were smoking your usual amount of cigarettes. Use it as it works best for you.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
It took me 2-3 weeks of vaping to get off cigarettes altogether. I attribute that to buying the crappy disposable ecigs they sell at the gas station in the beginning and not knowing about ECF yet. Those things were costing me over $10 per day and didn't even last a full day. But even then, I knew ecigs and vapor had great potential to work for me. I was liking the gas station ecigs, but not enough to stop smoking completely. I found the ecig brand I liked online, then started ordering from there. Then, while searching for an ecig that would last me more than a day, I stumbled on an ECF thread, and the rest is history. So, persistence and reading up on all the threads on ECF paid off. Haven't touched a lit cig in over 7 months.

Thank you, ECF and all the vets here who helped me out so much in the beginning.

sugarlily

Nov 19, 2012
IL
It took me about a week to completely stop craving cigarettes. Don't get me wrong I wasn't smoking nearly as much. I think I went through a pack that week.It could be due to the fact that we aren't just addicted to the nicotine but the other chemicals so it takes are bodies about a week to get it out of your system but I am very happy to say I am smoke free and don't crave smokes at all anymore I never thought this would be possible!

gdavis67

Dec 21, 2012
United States
The first time I tried to quit I tried using a V2 e-cig and it didn't really work for me. Nothing with the v2, just not my style. I then got a better e cig setup with a tank and good juice, woke up the morning after, gave my left over analogs to a co-worker and never looked back. Six weeks and counting. The nic withdrawal was not as miuch a problem as not having the smoke and something in my hand. My eGo and a tank do the trick nicely.

ogfish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Albuquerque
When I bought the ego-c I had three left in a pack and a full pack in the truck. I ended up smoking the three I had left in the opened pack and didn't open the other pack. I left it in my glove box for about a week and a half. During that period I didn't smoke any analogs. I gave away the pack I had in the glove box to a bartender on halloween for a shot. A couple days later I had one of those days at work and the ego wasn't doing it for me so I bummed a cig from a friend and could not get half way through it and tossed it. Have yet to have an analog since then.

gamadnechmad

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I got an ecig for traveling on Thanksgiving. Realized that I didn't want to actually hurt anyone on the plane for the whole flight! lol Went from 2.5/3 packs per day to just over 1/2 a pack per from 12/01 to about 12/13. Tried to go cold turkey that day and after 24 hours without - went straight to a friends house and got a cig from her. Both this woman and a friend who has known me for 25 years told me to set a 5 per day limit for myself & not beat myself up about it. As soon as I got "permission", I never did get to that 5..... 2 or 3 a day for a few days and I'm safely past the 24 hour mark again. Do I want a paper cig? Hell ya!! BUT, I don't want it more than I want to keep feeling good about myself and my progress. I know that I could have one anytime I like and, somehow, that makes it easier not to. I also know that I do not ever want to go through these first 24 hours again.

What am I trying to say in this ramble? heh I guess I want to say that though so many seem to have been able to "toss 'em" right away, I think it's far more important to find what works for you, what's going to make this a permanent quit for you. -no matter how long it takes- :toast:

KitKat2

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2012
michigan
I had my last stinkie nov 11th. I have smoked since I have been 15 years old never thought I would quit. I met my bf he has been smoke free since last Feb he told me to give this a try and I didnt think I could do it, hetold me its something I have to want to do so I said I would try it and its the best discission I have ever done. Not saying that I dont think of lighting a stinkie up but I am determined not to do it. I guess its called work in progress.

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
I have smoked on and off for 35 years. I did manage to quit cold turkey for 5 1/2 years. Then stress kicked in at a weak moment and I started back up. That was 6 years ago. I was just over a PAD of American Spirit yellow box. I have wanted to quit many times, but a stressful job kept me smoking. I always felt that smoking was my "reward".

I had seen e cigs, but never found a vaper until about 4 months ago. She was vaping disposables and said that she hadn't had a analog for 8 months. Since I knew nothing about them, I started to buy disposables when I was at the gas station and hoarded them.

I decided to start slowly, so I stopped smoking at work after I bought a kit from V2. I didn't want to have the stink on me because all of my coworkers don't smoke. So I would vape all day and come home and have my "reward" cigarettes at night (no more than 4). Once I took my shower, it would be back to vaping. I did this for about a month. Then it finally dawned on me that I needed to just stop buying cigarettes. Analogs weren't tasting as good as my juice. I decided that I was going to quit on a Sunday night, take my shower and get up the next day and just vape. I've been analog free for 17 days now.

It was tough the first few days. I countered with a tin of SNUS, chewing gum, and vaping. I only did one packet of SNUS in the morning just to get the nicotine into my system quicker. I haven't touched it for over a week now.

I have made the step up to Smokeless Image X2 batteries. My plan is not to buy more expensive vaping equipment because I do want to eventually wean off of nicotine completely. For now, I'm still buying supplies and vaping away. I'll know when I'm ready.

This is your quit, or slow down, or total/partial vaping experience. There is never a "good time to quit", so it's up to you and what decision(s) you have made for yourself. Congratulations on making the plunge and how deep you go is up to you. There is a lot of great support here for you!

yogisd

Dec 10, 2012
United States
i knew i wanted to quit before and had tried and failed.. my friends all smoked e cigs so when i ran out of regular cigs i said dont buy more just try the e-cig.. it worked and i have been smoke free for a little over a month.. good luck. i still sometimes want one. i just know i dont want to go back there again. i have a ....ty cheap e-cig and waiting for new stuff in the mail.. but its holding me over ..

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
Intially, I used my e-cig whenever I wanted and smoked whenever I wanted. On the first day I cut down from 20 roll-ups to 10. Within 16 days, I'd cut down to 5 a day, 2 a day, 1 a day. I did it as it felt natural and right to. If I didn't 'need' a cigarette, I didn't have one.

Oh, and I spent a lot of time on the forum...I found that it sucked up so much time that I couldn't go outside to smoke... not even kidding! All the positive reinforcement really helped my belief in my set-up and in myself.

I was given a lot of advice in those early days to count the cigarettes I hadn't smoked, rather than the ones I had. It became a game and I downloaded a couple of apps onto my Android phone to help. The first was a timer that counted the time between cigarettes- my best time is currently 733 hours and 25 minutes (and counting). The second, when I was ready to quit tells me a bit more readably how long its been and gives me little updates on how my health is improving and how much I've saved (even including the cost of e-cigs and paraphanalia although it's a total lie because i'm a compulsive shopper!). That app has a widget on my homescreen so I can always tell how well I'm doing. Lots and lots of positive reinforcement is where it's at!

P.S. You're doing really well already! Keep it up and we'll have a full-time vaper out of you yet! I dares ya! Actually, I double dare you to get off the stinkies completely (you can't go back on a double dare)! Do it at your own pace but I know you can do this!x

drakulie

Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale
I smoked a pack a day (marlboro lights). Bought an Njoy e-cig and my last pack of analogs on the same day. Smoked a few more analogs while trying out the Njoy that Sunday. Monday morning I woke up, had an analog and went to work with the Njoy. Haven't smoked or even thought of smoking an analog since. From there, purchased a Provari Mini, and recently purchased a Z atty Pro. I'm down to 6 mg juice with the Z atty. The 12 mg I was using was too intense with this atty.

BTW, the pack of cigarettes I purcahsed was given away to my neighbor a few days after I purchased it almost full. My wife went thru the same. We really enjoy the vape and all the juices. hair, hands, clothes, car don't smell. We feel better, can breathe easier, have gotten our sense of smell back and taste, and most importantly,,,,,, don't have any urges to smoke. NONE.

I think everyone will go thru their own process, but if you really stick to it, and find a battery, tank, and juice that suits your physical and emotional needs, you will quit.

Good luck!

robertpmorrow

Nov 19, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I would suggest trying to go a day or two just vaping, no analogs. I did that and then tried a cig and found it disgusting. I haven't looked back. There are still some times when I haven't had the chance to vape for a few hours, and I feel like its not gonna cut it, but after I take a few big drags I prove myself wrong every time
as others have said its definitely important to have a quality setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread