How to quit nicotine and stop vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
I started vaping around September last year with 18mg nic and have gradually tapered off the nic levels down to 1.27 mg by mixing 6mg and 0mg hangsen ry4 with vg .i have an inokin clk 128 and i use it at 4.3 volts with a nautilus mini tank & 1.8 ohms coils.i want to quit nicotine completely.i plan to bring down the nic to 1 mg by next week .
At this point should I be taking baby steps to reduce the nicotine or should I just start vaping 0.5mg nicotine will i get withdrawal symptoms is 1.27mg low enough to quit painlessly? I find that at 1.27 mg i'm vaping about 4 ml a day mostly because the liquid seems to vaporize faster due to the high vg levels.i don't think i'm feeling the urge for nicotine but out of habit I do find myself reaching for my vape when I wake up in the morning ,after food,when i'm stressed or upset ect.i want to stop but At the same time i'm anxious about going cold turkey with the nic and I think i'm very close to quitting but I need advice .

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Seems you're right on the cusp. Taking small steps seems to be working for you, so I'd keep going if your goal is for 0 nicotine.

I also believe that a lot of our "habit" is the motion of smoking, not just the nicotine. Why not try 0.5 mg? You'd have nothing to lose, right? Good luck to you!

Reactions: Ryedan

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Wow, that's pretty amazing, I started at 24 mg about 2 years ago and I just started buying and mixing 6 mg pretty recently.

As to quitting, you would be the best judge of that. Maybe try giving up that morning vape a time or two to see how things go - that hand to mouth habit may be the only thing that's keeping you vaping right now, it may be tough, but still doable if that's your goal!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
i want to quit nicotine completely.i plan to bring down the nic to 1 mg by next week .

At this point should I be taking baby steps to reduce the nicotine or should I just start vaping 0.5mg nicotine will i get withdrawal symptoms is 1.27mg low enough to quit painlessly?

I reduced my nic intake from 18 mg to zero in about nine months. I found once I got to 3 mg the rest was easy, but your journey may be different.

I now vape some nic when I feel like it. The TH that nic gives is nice sometimes, but I don't need it anything like I used to need to smoke and vaping zero nic juice has a real benefit in enhanced flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread