I don't see any reason why my goal should be to quit smoking and quit vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnomatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Conway,SC
I see a lot of threads where people discuss decreasing their vaping as they quit smoking and that's fine if that is a goal for them. I enjoyed smoking for more years than i want to think about and since I started vaping a couple of months ago and got off analogs i feel a lot better but I am enjoying the flavors I am vaping and don't plan on stopping. I think it's a lot of fun trying this and trying that and it keeps me occupied. I am making this my new hobby and I don't feel that just because I quit smoking that quitting vaping needs to be one of my short or long term goals. that's my 2 cents worth on this subject :)

I agree!
I loved smoking.. except the cost and health issues. I did not want to quit smoking. When I was introduced to vaping, it was one of those blinding light, angels singing eureka moments. I'm not even concerned with the nicotine amounts. Seems to me that it isn't any worse than caffeine.
I quit analogs with hardly a regretful twinge, but I don't ever want to be wiitjout my vaporizer!

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I love vaping and honestly have no intention quitting of vaping.

I do however want to quit Nic and am working on doing just that. I never want to feel like BT has my by the short curlys ever again and I just can't shake the feeling that the FDA is going to set vapers up for exactly that.

DIY juice, Build at home puck mod, several fully rebuildable attys, easy to get batteries, kanthal and wick. They wont be able to touch my vaping. The Nic is the choke point.

unquiet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philly
Right there with ya'll ;)

I agree!
I loved smoking.. except the cost and health issues. I did not want to quit smoking. When I was introduced to vaping, it was one of those blinding light, angels singing eureka moments. I'm not even concerned with the nicotine amounts. Seems to me that it isn't any worse than caffeine.
I quit analogs with hardly a regretful twinge, but I don't ever want to be wiitjout my vaporizer!

Right?!?

Wait, soooo I can quit smoking and not have to really give anything up...........Revelation!!!

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
It's fine with me if anyone wants to continue vaping however they wish. I far as I can plan ahead: a nicotine reduction is probably going to happen as soon as I finish my current batch of DIY juice. How far I eventually reduce the nic is anyone's guess at this point. It is possible that I will eventually go to zero nic or quit vaping entirely. After 19 months of vaping and 12 months without a cigarette I find that I can go a surprising amount of time without vaping at all. As much as I like the act of vaping I have always disliked having that nicotine monkey on my back. So who knows? I'm playing this as it goes.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I don't recall ever seeing a post here at ECF telling anyone they had to cut down to zero nic or quit vaping entirely. I may be wrong, of course and would like to see a link if there is.

I don't have the link but I remember catching one thread title about "Quitting vaping... selling all my stuff." Who knows, maybe it was joke? I didn't read it to find out.

Yesterday a guy I have been coaching into making the switch hit up again with a more frequent question: "OK, so you quit smoking. When do you plan on quitting THAT (vaping) too?" This is a difficult one for a lot of smokers considering the alternative to wrap their minds around. It's tough to say "that's up to you", etc. so I just replied that I smoked cigarettes for 25+ years and if I vape for the next 25 years what do I have to loose?

Honestly I have no plans to quit vaping. I enjoy it on so many levels, as I'm sure most of you do too. My nicotine usage has fallen quite a bit since I quit the stinkies (now 18-24 if I'm in a "limited vaping" situation, 8-12 at home, especially SLR). I've talked about this at length with some of my other vaping buddies too... Maybe one day I WILL hit 0 nic. Maybe the day will come where I prefer decaffinated coffee! :p On the other hand it's easy to envision juice formulations of the future containing vitamins (there already is one vendor I know of who spikes a couple of juices with a vitamin B) too sooo...

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I'd rather poop in a Gap dressing room than quit vaping!

I'm allowed at least one vice. I quit drinking and smoking. I deserve it!

images

Last edited:

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I'd rather poop in a Gap dressing room than quit vaping!

I'm allowed at least one vice. I quit drinking and smoking. I deserve it!

images

My feelings as well!

I gave up drinking in the 80's, lefties in the 90's, computer mischief in the 00's, stinkies a month ago , and sooner or later I will get to old for fast cars.

:vapor:

LaraPaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Northern VA/DC Metro
Unless they ever were able to provide empirical proof that vaping is likely to debilitate me or end my life considerably early I see no reason to quit. I use 12 mg of nic / ml at most but usually 6 or 0 liquids. Vape maybe at most 2 ml a day.

I take near 54-64 mg of methylphenidate (Ritalin) a day plus 50 mg of sertraline (Zoloft) a day. If my body tolerates that fine, I am sure as crap not gonna worry about my vaping habit. :) The FDA say long term effects of Ritalin usage have not been closely evaluated and I'd think about my use of a potent stimulant for ADHD long, long before vaping. I am actually thinking about trying to start lowering my dosage of Ritalin now that I have a safer delivery system for nicotine which also really helps my hyperkinetic fussing around constantly. :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
My feelings as well!

I gave up drinking in the 80's, lefties in the 90's, computer mischief in the 00's, stinkies a month ago , and sooner or later I will get to old for fast cars.

:vapor:
Don't COunt on too old for fast cars any time soon. My dad didn't sell off his Porsche until he turned 92 and didn't stop driving until 94.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread