Did or do you have plans to ever quit vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargaha

Sep 3, 2014
Sweden
I'm sure that an extreme majority started vaping so that they could stop smoking analogs, but how many of you had plans to stop vaping eventually?
I haven't smoked an analog since I started vaping (~2-3 months ago). I really enjoy vaping and I have no future plans on quitting, not because I think it would be hard but because I see it as a fun hobby. Do many people here feel like that? Did you think you would feel like that before you started vaping?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
My initial intention when I bought my 900mAh VV starter kit 46 days ago was to use that gear to become tobacco free (46 days tobacco free, incidentally) and then quit vaping. Well, since then, I've spent over $550 on vaping gear/liquids, lol. I've definitely let "hobby creep" set in and there doesn't appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel... at least not yet. I enjoy vaping much more than I had anticipated and I'm a tinkerer by nature so it was a pretty easy transition from "smoking cessation method" to "hobbyist obsession".

cjvdh

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
PA
I haven't smoked for roughly a month which is a milestone for me personally and it's something I am very proud of! However with gaping it's turned it more of a hobby now more than anything collecting tanks, mods, vv/vw devices, box mods, DNA 30's, etc I do not see a plan to stop ever as long as it is readily available I will be vaping FOREVER!!! when I die I will have a Hana or VS in my hands!

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Welp, since I never even tried to quit smoking for 53 yrs and only was going to use vaping as a temporary measure while visiting non-smoking relatives; AND, I surprised myself by quitting from the very first toot.......I don't know what I'll do. :facepalm:

I've been reading about preliminary studies on nicotine helping those with different forms of dementia. So, since I've become an old fa-- ah, woman, thought I just might continue with my 6-9 nic level. :p

I'm having too much fun with vaping right now even after 13 mos. to think about giving it up......However, tomorrow's another day. :laugh:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Sure I vape to get free from cigarettes. I do plan to decrease my nicotine intake, but in no way I plan to go to 0 mg of nicotine. Either I quit vaping completely, or will vape occasionally with (relatively) low nicotine. So far the only component of e-liquid with some positive health outcomes is nicotine; others are neutral at best. And I do know that nicotine is an effective mental stimulant for me.

VannyPak

Sep 2, 2014
Amarillo, TX
I dropped my nicotine from 24mg to 0mg in the close to a year that I've been vaping. I don't think I'll ever stop vaping because if I want a coke or something sweet I drink a water and vape something sweet or coke flavored. With that being said I can go a week or two without vaping at all and then an urge will hit me. So it's not something I see myself stopping but I don't need it all the time either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread