Did or do you have plans to ever quit vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
No plans to quit, or to go to zero nicotine. I started at 30mg strenth, but I've been at 18mg in my tanks for years now with no urge to go lower. I do drop to 12 or 6 mg when I'm dripping. I'm a throat hit guy though, if it gets too weak I get no real satisfaction from my vape. For me, personally, the choice is to continue vaping for as long as I don't want to smoke two packs a day. I was pretty well at peace with the fact that I loved smoking, and was going to continue doing it until it killed me. vaping was an unexpected miracle. It didn't cure me of my love of smoking, though. It just replaced it. I'd be ripping cellophane and snapping open Zippos in no time with out it.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
nope.

15334708400_0916f47c43_c.jpg

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
As many of you have typed I started vaping to give up analogs. Started at 24 mg back in July, now in October I'm at 6mg. I hope to be at 0 Nic by the end of the year. After that? Who knows? I really don't know if I'll give it up completely because I do enjoy the flavor of the juices. I'm taking things one day at a time. :)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I believe that for me vaping is not really harmful (4 ml/day of 10mg/ml nicotine). I do enjoy it (not as much as smoking, but still I enjoy). I am planning to cut my nicotine by half sometime. I a year (or five?) I could start thinking about quitting, but not right now. I am too young a vaper to think about quitting.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
These are the bottles I bought to put my nicotine solutions into for freezing...
This 30 ml (1 oz.) amber glass Boston round bottle is ideal for storing chemical solutions, most solvents, acids, and bases. The amber glass also prevents decomposition of light-sensitive chemicals. The black phenolic cap has a poly-cone liner for a leak-proof, chemically-resistant seal.

Did any of the nicotine solutions you purchased come already packaged in such bottles, with these kinds of caps?

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I just made a thread on this, didn't see this one. I plan to quit sooner rather than later because of the formaldehyde in vapor. I'm already cutting back.
Don't we, as human beings, exhale formaldehyde as part of our normal biological processes?
And wasn't the formaldehyde that was exhaled by vapers not shown to be not much more than normal human beings?

If I am wrong about that I would love some clarification.
But that is the conclusion I am sitting on after reading some threads on this matter.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
These are the bottles I bought to put my nicotine solutions into for freezing...

Did any of the nicotine solutions you purchased come already packaged in such bottles, with these kinds of caps?

None came in glass.
I get 250ml cobalt glass w/polycone caps from http://packagingoptionsdirect.com/glass-bottles-jars as needed.
Those are 120ml bottles in the pic.

I store as much as I can in 250s but have smaller "using" bottles of each brand.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
None came in glass. I get 250ml cobalt glass w/polycone caps from http://packagingoptionsdirect.com/glass-bottles-jars as needed.
Those are 120ml bottles in the pic. I store as much as I can in 250s but have smaller "using" bottles of each brand.
I wish someone would sell nicotine solution already packaged for immediate and appropriate freezing.
They would get ALL of my business.
:)

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Don't we, as human beings, exhale formaldehyde as part of our normal biological processes?

yes. that's what the science says.

And wasn't the formaldehyde that was exhaled by vapers not shown to be much more than normal human beings?

I think you meant: "wasn't the formaldehyde that was exhaled by vapers shown to be not much more than normal human beings?"

Again, that's what the science says.

I have no plans to quit but now that the MAO inhibitors and other chemicals found in tobacco smoke are out of the picture I'd quit vaping in a NY minute if reliable science finds it to be more dangerous than smoking. I'd have to weigh the health vs harm otherwise. Vaping wins so far.
I'm fairly certain that I could quit vaping easily if I decide that I have to.
I've been planning to test that theory for a few months now but I don't have to so I won't bother.
It was a breeze to drop from 18 to 12 overnight (for better flavor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread