I got scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

heather

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Tulsa, OK
OK, if you have seen that ad about how to get white teeth for cheap, it is a scam! The article tells you to order trial packs from two different companies, Dazzle White and Clean Smile, and it gives coupon code to make them 1.95 for one and .99 cents for the other. One of them signs you up for a couple of other trial things, and both companies will charge your card for 79 bucks every month. I called and canceled my subscriptions, but one of the companies (clean smile) had already ran my card for the 79.00. I finally got them to give me 40 dollars credit, but that was it, and they made me pay 6.99 to get a UPS shipper label too.8-o

So, anyway, hope this helps someone.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Call your credit card company and report them. The credit company should go after them to get your money back...that shipping label is a scam as well.

I think everyone gets scammed at some point. I still rue the day I got duped into buying 120 bucks of herbal supplements to quit smoking. The most those things did for me was give me gas as I was going nuts from withdrawls. I paid 120 bucks to feel like crap and fart.

I fell for it to, but one was Brite Teeth Pro and I can't remember what the other one was. I was able to cancel AND keep my Brite Teeth Pro one for the .99 it cost me. But the other one I had to return in 15 days after ordering, which is smart on there part, because if you get the package and wait a day you will have exceeded the 15 days I had to ship priority in order for it to get there a by the deadline... Yes stupid for me to even fall for it, I knew it would be a scam but I figured I'd get to keep both and cancel. Sound's like you got f'd a bit harder than me.

heather

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I know, I fell for it. There are people just sitting around thinking about how to scam people. I'm sure they have made a pretty penny by now. It's my own fault, I should have read the tiny print at the very bottom of the web page. What really sucks is both my husband and I ordered, so that's 79 bucks times 4!

We mailed everything off today, have the tracking numbers, and will have to watch the account closely for a while.

I am probably a scammers dream, I got scammed by smoke assassan too!

vt100

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Indiana, USA
Using a hosts file like the one at Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File will block a lot of those ads. Many just don't show up. Even if you can see the ad, clicking the link will usually result in a "page not found" message. Hosts files are wonderful things! Facebook lets you click ads and mark that you don't like them, although they're always there when I come back.

solitary1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2009
Englewood,Florida
Unfortunately there are a lot of people willing to steal your money.
You are absolutley right especially now.
I just heard of this scam recently;If you do not have a plan of your own,our plan is affordable and if you choose not to have a plan at all you can be fined under federal law.
In other words pay us or else!

This scam ws brought to you by...the U.S. Government in the form of health care reform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread