I may try using 'Raisin' flavoring in DIY 'Cigar' juice - Anyone try 'Raisin' flavoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I keep experimenting with various different flavors in an attempt to find a mix that smells and taste like a sweet cigar.

I am trying to stay away with anything that has a 'cigarette' smell / taste, and am also trying different flavors [without] using the more expensive NET tobacco flavors.

Now I am thinking that a little 'Raisin' flavoring may be worth adding .... any thoughts on this? ... BTW, I don't know who manufactures the Raisin flavoring, but it's available through Better Vapes and High Desert Vapes.

I am also thinking about some TFA brand 'Black Honey' flavoring ... supposed to have a slight raisin and honey flavor along with the tobacco flavor, but I don't know about this one either.

Any input is certainly appreciated :)

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
TFA's Black Honey is one of the 'tricky tobaccos' that 'most everyone agrees - if steeping naturally, it MUST have 5 weeks before the flavors meld/blend/develop (there's a couple of entire threads devoted to it somewhere).

It didn't taste like Honey or Tobacco to either of us until it had steeped. But now it's great (for what it is), and wethinks it might add a nice touch to a cigar-type vape.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Did you get a chance to try RTS chinese tobacco Cohiba flavor? One of my favorites.

Sure have. The RTS Chinese "Cohiba Cigar" is one of the only flavors I have personally found that actually has a real cigar flavor and smell.

Here is the next recipe that I am putting together ... You will notice that it also contains 31.7% of already made ECBlend "Sweet and Mild" (cigar flavored) pre-mixed juice.

Recipe.jpg

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
TFA's Black Honey is one of the 'tricky tobaccos' that 'most everyone agrees - if steeping naturally, it MUST have 5 weeks before the flavors meld/blend/develop (there's a couple of entire threads devoted to it somewhere).

It didn't taste like Honey or Tobacco to either of us until it had steeped. But now it's great (for what it is), and wethinks it might add a nice touch to a cigar-type vape.

I am thinking that ECBlend "Sweet and Mild" pre-made juice has some "Black Honey" flavoring in it. (or something very similar)

CenTexVpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Central Texas
Sure have. The RTS Chinese "Cohiba Cigar" is one of the only flavors I have personally found that actually has a real cigar flavor and smell.

Here is the next recipe that I am putting together ... You will notice that it also contains 31.7% of already made ECBlend "Sweet and Mild" (cigar flavored) pre-mixed juice.

When first looking for a cigar flavor I got several from EC Blends. I tried the Cuban Gold & found it kinda mehh. I also tried a customer creation called Cuban Sunset. Way too floral for my taste(read vaping roses) & a bit too much maraschino cherry. In order to try salvaging both flavors I wasn't wild about, I mixed the two 1/2 & 1/2. I was pleasantly suprised. I call it Cuban Gold Sunset. You can't use the Vape Wizard to blend them youself but the Cuban Sunset creator listed his percentages of the cig tobacco & cherry he used with the Cuban Gold flavor. So You could figure out how much of those three flavors to make the Cuban Gold Sunset. Since then I have been able to isolate the flavors & mix it from TFA flavors. Just don't have access to the recipe right now. I know your not looking for a cherry cigar but a little m. cherry seems to add a little sweetness and a nice finish to that one. I have had people ask if I was smoking a cigar while passing by. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread