IKV's HV 306 Atomizer Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this out of the way first. I'm reluctant to change, period. Since I've started vaping (New Year's Eve of 2009), I've tried many atomizers and quickly settled on the 510 (which I LOVE). Recently I was running low on atomizers and needed to restock. Granted, I've NEVER shopped with iKenVape, but have heard a great deal of positive reviews about the company as a whole.

Originally, I was going to shop with my usual supplier, but figured I would try something a little different this time around. My intentions we're to simply order IKV's HV 510's. Before I completed my order, I noticed the IKV's HV "Tre Ouk Sixies" (what I call them) or in layman's terms 306's. I've heard a lot of good things about the 306's, but refused to vape at 3.7 volts. When I saw HV 306's, I was intrigued, so I bought one of them.

I received my order fairly quickly and needless to say, I'll order with them again and again, from here on out. Before I used any HV 510's, I immediately threw on the Tre Ouk Six on my Precise 18650 (with 2 Tenergy LiFePO4 RCR123A batteries for 6V's), dripped some juice onto the atty, and fired it up. IMMEDIATELY IMPRESSED!!! Both on flavor and vapor production. By the way, I also got Cherry Vape's Cannon Drip Tip from IKV as well, which is SWEET!!!

Now I've been using the Tre Ouk Six for 12 days, so I can't comment on the duration and longevity of the atty, but it's looking VERY positive at the moment. This is HIGH PRAISE coming from someone like myself. I'm the type of person that believes "Why fix what's not broken to start with?" and I truly believe that. With that said, I believe I have found my atty of choice now. I love the 510, but the flavor of my juices on the Tre Ouk Six is PHENOMENAL!!!

I couldn't believe that I could get better flavor, warmth, and vapor production than my 510's, but I was completely wrong. Now I'm not saying that the HV Tre Ouk Six is miles above the 510's, BUT they are a lot better IMHO. So, if you've been on the fence about trying a HV Tre Ouk Six from IKV, go ahead and jump over that fence and BUY ONE NOW!!! I can't promise you'll enjoy it much as myself, but I think you'll have a very satisfying experience. :D

*NOTICE - I meant to mention, I do take the wick out of all my atomizers. Just mentioning for clarification purposes or in case any of you are wondering.

Last edited:

Digs

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
I agree. I made my first purchase with IKV a couple weeks ago and ordered just one of these HV 306's to try out. I've been vaping with it for over two weeks now and it's been working great. I also de-wicked mine and let me tell you that this atty doesn't seem to ever get flooded. It seems resistant to leaks too. I've only seen it leak a couple times which was my own fault for dripping too much juice in it. Overall I'm very happy with this atty and as long as it continues to hold up for a few more weeks I'd probably go as far as to say it's the best I've used.

The only negative thing about it is that it seems to lose resistance pretty easy. It didn't take long for it to go from 3.5 ohms to about 2.6. I've even seen it get as low as 2.2 before. Not a big deal if you have a VVPV or if you don't mind soaking it in alcohol once a day for a few minutes to restore the resistance.

I'll almost definitely be buying more of these.

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
I agree. I made my first purchase with IKV a couple weeks ago and ordered just one of these HV 306's to try out. I've been vaping with it for over two weeks now and it's been working great. I also de-wicked mine and let me tell you that this atty doesn't seem to ever get flooded. It seems resistant to leaks too. I've only seen it leak a couple times which was my own fault for dripping too much juice in it. Overall I'm very happy with this atty and as long as it continues to hold up for a few more weeks I'd probably go as far as to say it's the best I've used.

The only negative thing about it is that it seems to lose resistance pretty easy. It didn't take long for it to go from 3.5 ohms to about 2.6. I've even seen it get as low as 2.2 before. Not a big deal if you have a VVPV or if you don't mind soaking it in alcohol once a day for a few minutes to restore the resistance.

soaking it in alcohol will bring back the original resistance??? will try that trick. Also if you use them on too high of a voltage, I think that will reduce the attie life.

Digs

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Ohio
soaking it in alcohol will bring back the original resistance??? will try that trick. Also if you use them on too high of a voltage, I think that will reduce the attie life.

Yes. Well, at least it did for me. When it was down to 2.2 ohms I placed it in a shot glass of Galen's 151 Vodka for 30 minutes. I let it dry for about 30 minutes, primed it with some PG, checked the resistance, and it was back up to 3.4.

... the bare shelves are indicative of the quality and performance. Welcome to the Iken family :)

After the performance I've witnessed for myself thus far, there's no doubt why the shelves stay empty. :)

I completely agree with you. I was expecting the HV Tre Ouk Sixies to leak in all honesty, but it just hasn't happened. It's common for me to over drip at times, but even then, no issues at all. If I manage to get a couple more weeks of solid performance, I'll stake my claim and say these are the BEST ATOMIZERS EVER!!! With that said, if I even get another week of solid performance, I'll be just as happy. That's my :2c:.

Last edited:
Yes. Well, at least it did for me. When it was down to 2.2 ohms I placed it in a shot glass of Galen's 151 Vodka for 30 minutes. I let it dry for about 30 minutes, primed it with some PG, checked the resistance, and it was back up to 3.4.

Thanks for that tip. It's something I'll keep in mind, in case I notice a drop in performance. I haven't had to do anything with the Tre Ouk Six since I got it. Nothing at all. It continues to fire like the moment I first fired it up. 12 days of solid and I mean SOLID PERFORMANCE and still counting. To compare the Tre Ouk Six, is almost like when I first went to 6 volts. I keep waiting for this atomizer to disappoint me, but I'm here to tell you, THAT'S NOT HAPPENING. This is a TOP NOTCH atomizer and I can't imagine anyone not liking it, period.

Byrd,
I could not agree more with everything you've stated. I made this revelation a few months ago, and haven't even looked at my poor 510's since.
I'm diggin the cannon drip tip too! It looks great on my Omega, need one for the BSB now, so I'm definately gonna score more of those on my next order.

Just think, I ordered 5 of the HV 510's from IKV. I'll still use them regardless, but will be ordering more of those Tre Ouk Sixies for sure. :D

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I know these are more for 6 volt vaping but I have been using my dewicked and debridged HV 306 at 8.4 volts for a solid day in my Reo Grand and it's awesome.I didn't have a set of 3 volt batteries so i used a set of 3.7 volt batts out of my Joker mod instead.Screwed my volt meter in and got 8.4 volts.All you need is a quick 1 second hit and you get loads of warm vapor and great flavor.

Wacky Dee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney Australia

I am so glad I have come accross this post because I'm having the same issues with my IKV 510HVs which have dropped to 2.0-2.2 Ohms now so I was starting to panic as they're out of stock on the site and no other atomizer I've tried hits as nicely as these.

Luckily I have some 99% pure rubbing alcohol and have just left one to sit in a cup of it and will dry it out soon and measure the ohms again.

How long does it take for the Ohms to drop off again below 3.0 ?? Will I need to bathe them daily to keep the resistance up? If anyone knows why they're dropping resistance or better yet, why soaking them in alcohol appears to restore resistance please do tell. :)

EDIT: unfortunately this didn't work for me. Just cleaned one 510HV with pure alcohol, dried it .. resistance dropped even further from 2.1 Ohms to 1.8Ohms.

Last edited:
Just wanted to provide a quick update on IKV's HV 306. I'm now on my 19th day on this atomizer and it STILL functions as it did from the very first time. That means no loss whatsoever in performance. I haven't even taken it off my Precise 18650. No cleaning, no anything. Two more days and I'll hit 3 weeks. I've been VERY impressed with this atty. I'll continue to provide updates, up until it finally dies on me. Just for reference, I tend to vape heavily, so it's not like I haven't been using it much. I've put it through it's paces and I'm continued to be satisfied.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I know these are more for 6 volt vaping but I have been using my dewicked and debridged HV 306 at 8.4 volts for a solid day in my Reo Grand and it's awesome.I didn't have a set of 3 volt batteries so i used a set of 3.7 volt batts out of my Joker mod instead.Screwed my volt meter in and got 8.4 volts.All you need is a quick 1 second hit and you get loads of warm vapor and great flavor.

Mmmm sounds like I need to try this! How is the spring holding up in your Grand?

Edit: I just read in the Reo subforum that you did this because your spring collapsed. The spring collapsed due to a short (protective feature of the Reo mods) so go replace your spring :p

Last edited:
Mmmm sounds like I need to try this! How is the spring holding up in your Grand?

The Precise 18650 from Super T Manufacturing has held up exceptionally well. I've had it a long time and opted for the "Heavy Duty" spring. No complaints at all. I've have no issues with it at all. I've gone through a lot of various mods and this is the one I'm satisfied with the most. The ONLY flaw, is the lack of a locking mechanism for the button. Although that's MY personal opinion, but doesn't bother me much. Yeah, you should consider trying on of these IKV HV 306's. I think you'd enjoy it. =D

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
The Precise 18650 from Super T Manufacturing has held up exceptionally well. I've had it a long time and opted for the "Heavy Duty" spring. No complaints at all. I've have no issues with it at all. I've gone through a lot of various mods and this is the one I'm satisfied with the most. The ONLY flaw, is the lack of a locking mechanism for the button. Although that's MY personal opinion, but doesn't bother me much. Yeah, you should consider trying on of these IKV HV 306's. I think you'd enjoy it. =D

I was being vague - I should have explained that I need to try higher volt vaping. Currently I do 6v - was going to try expanding higher. 8.4v seems overkill... lmao

I was being vague - I should have explained that I need to try higher volt vaping. Currently I do 6v - was going to try expanding higher. 8.4v seems overkill... lmao

Eh, I don't see the need for more than 6 volts, but to each their own I suppose. I get all the flavor, throat hit, warmth, and vapor production from vaping at 6 volts. It was good on my 510's, even better on the HV 306's. Each juice that I own and use, is AWESOME on IKV's HV 306. It's like the fact that I REFUSE to vape at 3.7 volts, where as other people don't understand why people want to vape at 6 volts. You have to do whatever you're ultimately comfortable with.

Manfred1816

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2011
Fair Oaks, Ca
Glad to hear! I just made my first order with Ike a few days ago. I got LR306, though. I went with a cannon drip tip, too. Hopefully my order arrives soon! I am yet to jump up to 6v. I think it's something I am going to do soon, but I just got my first mod, a prodigy v3.1, and I want to enjoy 3.7v before 6v blows my mind hehe.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Glad to hear! I just made my first order with Ike a few days ago. I got LR306, though. I went with a cannon drip tip, too. Hopefully my order arrives soon! I am yet to jump up to 6v. I think it's something I am going to do soon, but I just got my first mod, a prodigy v3.1, and I want to enjoy 3.7v before 6v blows my mind hehe.

Nice! BTW your avatar looks like you are missing your head and only have a cloud of vapor! Love it! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread