New HV and LR 306 atomizers from ikenvape.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
LOL, you do have a point wrt uplifting one's enjoyment. I never thought of it that way. No just written reviews no cameras for me.

I definitely get a great enjoyment reading your reviews.... every time I see a review by you, I just grab my PV throw a few drops down in the attie, sit back and start reading... think of it kinda like finding a really nice article in your favorite magazine. The only difference is there are no pics.....Hmmm (light bulb) here's a good idea, instead of videos just throw in a pic of yourself with the hardware of choice.... like the attie and you taking a nice long puff off of the PV.... just an idea.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
I just seen your email and now your post. We gottem Yellow man! Working on the listings right now. :D Everything came out just beautiful.

lol that darn package went in circles..... I'm sure it wasn't funny then but looking back and seeing where the package went... I'm sure your getting a good kick out of it now.... ooooooh hey Isaic can you hold a LR 306 attie and a blue drip tip till next thursday.... funds a little dry from my last order... ooooooh I just can't wait to try em. :)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Would it be possible to post a picture of that? Seems like a very good idea. I have several .......ized E2, supposedly r4, that I couldn't because I couldn't get rid of the rodent urine smell on some of the wicks and several had tea colored stained, stiff wicks. The white wicks would be just right for the added wick mod. I knew I saved those for a reason.

Thanks, Alice

I have modded my 306 Attys by tying a knot of extra wicking material around the bridge and cutting off the excess and leaving about 1/8 of an inch extra and am using my 306's this way with my bottom feeding mod and it is seriously kicking some but, I have noticed it doesn't burn, give extra flavor, great vapor, and it seems to hold the liquid better and I don't have to pump my button as much to deliver liquid, give it a try guys you may just like this.!! I used the wicking material from some of the newer CE2R4 Carto's by the way.!

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
hmmmm.... pics would be great.... your idea sounds interesting :)

MWA the way I picture the wicking as though you wrap it all the way around the bridge. Do you make a figure 8 around the bridge or do you wrap it around each post of the bridge with a lead going into the heating coil? My other question is do you have any issues with eliquid dripping from the attie after taking of the drip tip or regular tip? This really sounds like a good idea. :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I definitely get a great enjoyment reading your reviews.... every time I see a review by you, I just grab my PV throw a few drops down in the attie, sit back and start reading... think of it kinda like finding a really nice article in your favorite magazine. The only difference is there are no pics.....Hmmm (light bulb) here's a good idea, instead of videos just throw in a pic of yourself with the hardware of choice.... like the attie and you taking a nice long puff off of the PV.... just an idea.

Thanks grimmer :blush: I might just do that.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
You know folks, in all honesty I would quit wasting my time with CE2s and just get some premium 510s or mega 808s from Isaac. The mixed reviews and the hit and miss when purchasing these cartos, puts a chastity belt around my wallet.

I have tried them, didn't like them and even returned the unused ones to the sender. I did not try the V4s though but did the rest, they make vapour that is about all I can that is good about them. The V3 XL I received tasted like kerosene, I tossed it. I/we shouldn't be getting anything that tastes foul, or have to wash/boil etc... to use them. To me, that is a vendor and something I avoid like the plague. At least the negative reviews have caused Royal Smoker to improve their product but they are far from being where they need to be with it in my opinion.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I am sticking with the CE2s but only because I have tried 2 other cartos and the taste was very off. The Joyes put a synthetic taste in the juice in my experience.

But I agree with you that its horrible you can't use the CE2s out of the box. I wasted 8 ml of juice on some XLs. First two in the package were OK with a dryburn. I didn't dryburn the third just to see if I could get one to work out of the box and I got the kerosene acrid foul taste. Next one I dry-burned (because that is all I had to do with the first two and they were OK) but it still had the bad taste though to a lesser degree though still unvapeable. Then I filled two of them that I had boiled/dryed and without the filler ring installed (because I couldn't get it back in). I accidentally put too much juice in them and major leakage occured inside the cup and down the air intake tube. I could have regulated that better with a fill ring installed.

Yes you can clean out whatever primer is present (I actually suspect it is lubricant of some sort to slide the assembly up inside the carto tube because of the filler ring) but that involves removing the filler ring to wash through them and it is VERY difficult if not impossible with some, to put the filler ring back over the cup.

I inspected with a magnifying glass the filler ring area and the coil and wick for fluid and on the first two I tried and it wasn't there. But then the rest had fluid and when you pulled the filler ring there was a nasty ring of 'dirt' on the filler ring. Wow. I am not saying the wicks were soaked with fluid instead it appears they used some sort of lubricant to slide the assemblies into the carto.

You know folks, in all honesty I would quit wasting my time with CE2s and just get some premium 510s or mega 808s from Isaac. The mixed reviews and the hit and miss when purchasing these cartos, puts a chastity belt around my wallet.

I have tried them, didn't like them and even returned the unused ones to the sender. I did not try the V4s though but did the rest, they make vapour that is about all I can that is good about them. The V3 XL I received tasted like kerosene, I tossed it. I/we shouldn't be getting anything that tastes foul, or have to wash/boil etc... to use them. To me, that is a vendor and something I avoid like the plague. At least the negative reviews have caused Royal Smoker to improve their product but they are far from being where they need to be with it in my opinion.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
... I have something Very new and very special being produced which I think might take the cake in cartomizer development or atleast another stepping stone, either way it's revolutionary and may even change the cartomizer world...

I can't believe no one else asked you to elaborate on this...please do?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I can't believe no one else asked you to elaborate on this...please do?

You will be seeing our comments in the new future.

Although I am not particularly fussy with 808 cartos, the 510s Isaac carries are the bomb. Give 'em a whirl. I am not shilling for Isaac, but if something is good I have no problems recommending it. I was leery at first as well having been dis-appointed in the past. WitchesWay convinced me otherwise and I have never looked back.

Isaac's entire line (attys/cartos) can only be obtained at IkenVape, I am not a fanboy perse, but this is where I get all my needs satisfied. Why? Because I know what I am getting every time I order and seldom will an atty or carto vary more than 0.1Ohm of posted resistance.

I can't possibly see what you see in the CE2s after reading your frustrations and all you need to do to make 'em work. If folks continue to by "sub-par" product IMHO, vendors will continue to sell it.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Actually have my cart open with some 2.0 ohm attys in it and I will add some of these cartos and give them a whirl...I thought I read somehwere in the past week where Issac was saying he wasn't particularly thrilled with his 510 Premium IKV cartomizers in their present incarnation?

Going back to my question about the comment he made about something he has in development that will revolutionize the carto experience, there is something coming besides the ones he has up on his site now?

You will be seeing our comments in the new future.

Although I am not particularly fussy with 808 cartos, the 510s Isaac carries are the bomb. Give 'em a whirl. I am not shilling for Isaac, but if something is good I have no problems recommending it. I was leery at first as well having been dis-appointed in the past. WitchesWay convinced me otherwise and I have never looked back.

Isaac's entire line (attys/cartos) can only be obtained at IkenVape, I am not a fanboy perse, but this is where I get all my needs satisfied. Why? Because I know what I am getting every time I order and seldom will an atty or carto vary more than 0.1Ohm of posted resistance.

I can't possibly see what you see in the CE2s after reading your frustrations and all you need to do to make 'em work. If folks continue to by "sub-par" product IMHO, vendors will continue to sell it.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Going back to my question about the comment he made about something he has in development that will revolutionize the carto experience, there is something coming besides the ones he has up on his site now?

That is correct and before you see 'em on his site they get a run through the mill first. Until it passes Isaac's QA, it doesn't go up. He's a pretty fussy vaper ya know. But we all benefit from it. Patience is a virtue and Isaac has the patience of Jobe.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I switched over to one of the HV510's i got with the same order....this thing is awesome...I think that one HV306 was defective.

Ohhh, the HV510 is awesome!!! I'm glad you like it, it's in my top 3 favorite atties.

I still think that your 1.6 ohm 306 is an LR mislabeled... I could be wrong but it makes sense...

Geoff_NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
New York City
Ohhh, the HV510 is awesome!!! I'm glad you like it, it's in my top 3 favorite atties.

I still think that your 1.6 ohm 306 is an LR mislabeled... I could be wrong but it makes sense...

But aren't his LR's ~2.0 ohms? this one was around 1.6...

So what are your top 3??? I gotta know now :)

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
But aren't his LR's ~2.0 ohms? this one was around 1.6...

So what are your top 3??? I gotta know now :)

Well, they are 2.0, +/- 0.02. Yours is -0.04, hmmm. I'm sure Isaac will chime in when we wake him up... :)

My top three, in no particular order, are Isaac's HV510 3.5ohm at 6V, Cisco's LR306 1.5ohm at 3.7V, and the third is a tie between Isaac's 801 Semi 3.5 ohm and Joye 302 at 6V

Edit: Subject to change when I try Isaac's HV306

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread