I'm a newbie with an Ego Tank that whistles at me (and not in a good way)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastoftheBreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Oregon, USA
But do you sense the cold air hitting the inside of your mouth/tongue (whichever way the tip is pointing)? It's not just the cold vape to which I'm referring.

Thanks.

No, I'm sorry can't say that I have. I HAVE noticed some images of tanks look a bit different. My Inferno tanks only have one hole in the center of the tip that the vapor comes out of, some images of others I've seen online have 3 holes? Not sure but this could increase the airflow enough to make it colder? If yours has 3 holes, you may try going to the Inferno site and ordering some of their blanks?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Thought of doing that, Stosh, but I don't have a 510 extender. And for me it's not just the lack of warmth. It's the annoying "draft" that comes in thru the tip.

LOL, Oh well, I 've been successful using a 510 to 801 adapter connected to a 801 to 510 adapter to use a ego mega atty on my Provape. No extender either, but as soon as I order something for somewhere that carries them......refuse to pay shipping for one lousy adapter. :(

Tankgirl

Jan 21, 2011
Tulsa!
One thing I have started doing when a tank is hard to draw on, because of thicker liquid, or whatever (I'm new too), is to remove the tiny piece of plastic with it's one hole. Once you do that, there is a second even smaller piece inside the mouth piece. Those I throw out. When the liquid is hotter/thinner I just put back the piece with the hole and it's little prongs at the ends. This has made the tank a little more adaptable for me.
With my tornado I now get up a tank set-up and another boge cartomizer set-up. When I'm craving, I suck the hell out of the carto, I chill out with the tank to get my "suckle" time in.
I wonder if your battery and/or atty's not working right? Can you get replacements? Also, I love the heat of the low resistance cartomizer that I've started using- it turns my ego/tornado into a high voltage animal! I use a plastic drip tip to protect my lips from the heat. The vapor is really thick and white that way, too.
Hope that helps. TG:vapor:

IOU

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Laguna Beach, California
I finally figured out the cold air issue. I never noticed it until I saw your first post, now this one. Yes, you do get cold air. If I put my tongue in front of the wistle tip I can feel it too.
I think because there is just so much space inside the T atty. Not much you can do about this without going up on the voltage. I am not even certain that would help and then I would be afraid of blowing a relatively expensive tank atty.
Not certain there is a fix for this one.

LastoftheBreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Oregon, USA
I finally figured out the cold air issue. I never noticed it until I saw your first post, now this one. Yes, you do get cold air. If I put my tongue in front of the wistle tip I can feel it too.
I think because there is just so much space inside the T atty. Not much you can do about this without going up on the voltage. I am not even certain that would help and then I would be afraid of blowing a relatively expensive tank atty.

Wow, you're right. I never noticed because I keep my tongue flat down on the bottom of my mouth when I drag, drawing the vapor straight back toward my throat. If I put my tongue in line with the atty, I CAN feel cold air. Not an issue for me, but I can see how it could be annoying to someone who puts their tongue up when they drag.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
LOL, Oh well, I 've been successful using a 510 to 801 adapter connected to a 801 to 510 adapter to use a ego mega atty on my Provape. No extender either, but as soon as I order something for somewhere that carries them......refuse to pay shipping for one lousy adapter. :(

I sooo know what you mean about the shipping for one single item! Grrrrrrrrr.

Shinypaladin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Jackson TN USA
smartvapes.com
I had the same problem with it at first but I learned a little trick. When you first start inhaling on it do a short puff out your nose then continue to draw back normally. This gets rid of that first blast of mainly air and gives you a nice little cloud that you seek when you exhale. :) try it.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
One thing I have started doing when a tank is hard to draw on, because of thicker liquid, or whatever (I'm new too), is to remove the tiny piece of plastic with it's one hole. Once you do that, there is a second even smaller piece inside the mouth piece. Those I throw out. When the liquid is hotter/thinner I just put back the piece with the hole and it's little prongs at the ends. This has made the tank a little more adaptable for me.
With my tornado I now get up a tank set-up and another boge cartomizer set-up. When I'm craving, I suck the hell out of the carto, I chill out with the tank to get my "suckle" time in.
I wonder if your battery and/or atty's not working right? Can you get replacements? Also, I love the heat of the low resistance cartomizer that I've started using- it turns my ego/tornado into a high voltage animal! I use a plastic drip tip to protect my lips from the heat. The vapor is really thick and white that way, too.
Hope that helps. TG:vapor:

Wow, I had already done the same thing (remoe the cover cap and the second little piece)! It actually does help some. I do think the battery and attys (I have 2) are working fine.

Where do you buy your LR cartos?

Thanks!

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Help! We need a modder to fix the spacey tank! Actually, I think you're right. The tip is a bit too long. (See what you can do with THAT one, LastoftheBreed...)

pkraus109

Feb 8, 2011
Ohio
I had the same problem with it at first but I learned a little trick. When you first start inhaling on it do a short puff out your nose then continue to draw back normally. This gets rid of that first blast of mainly air and gives you a nice little cloud that you seek when you exhale. :) try it.

Just got my ego-t today and was about to send it back the cold hit and lack of flavor killed it. Read all over that you just have to deal with it but your little "trick" fixed it right up. Well done! :)

I've noticed the cool air also. I like to keep my tongue near the incoming vape to taste the sweetness and for a while the cool air bothered me. The way I fixed it is by holding the button for 3-4 seconds before I take a 4-6 second drag and it warms it up nicely. The only problem I haven't really fixed is the annoying whistle that my atty makes when I draw on it. It comes from the two vent holes. I can stop it by taking really slow drags but sometimes I'm just too impatient.

On another note sometimes my tank will just fail and blow it's juice all over the battery/button area. Since I don't really have the dexterity, patience, and required needle tipped tweezers to pull up the wick, I pushed a needle through the threaded end while watching from the draw end with a flash light. I managed to push it up enough to solve the problem. I'm assuming you can damage the atty that way, but since it was essentially broke anyway I had nothing to lose. I'm just glad it worked though.

Sorry to hear that your giving up on the ego-t. It really is a great system that can't be beat, imo. If you can work out the bugs that is.

Last edited:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Welp, I gave up on it. The cold vape, the whistle, and all the things that made it un-enjoyable....

I am truly happy for those that like it. I did not. I did not want to give it that much effor to "work the bugs out". I moved on but that is not to say that for those that like it... use it and enjoy.

We all seem to have to find what works for us. For me, it was a "no go".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread