Input needed on a HV/Batt mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Tenorman

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Hello everyone, I have been a vaper for about 6 months. I was one of the many that got suckered in by smokingeverywhere, found this forum, and learned that I was not alone. Soon after I bought a 901 kit and then a 510 kit and have stuck with the 510 since. I upgraded to the mega batts from TW, and since they are now wearing down it is now time to upgrade to a batt/HV mod.

Long intro but here is the question. Coming from the standpoint of a 510 mega batt user, which mod will most likely work best for me? I have done TONS of research on this forum and on youtube checking out the various options, but am still a bit unsure.

To name some of the big players, I have seen the Prodigy, the Screwdriver, the GLV machine, the Chuck, the Silver Bullet and BB, the Janty Stick, the Prodigy and the VP1 and VP2. Size is not that important, although I do like to sit in the corner in class and vape discreetly on occasion. I am most interested in long battery life, great throat hit and vapor production (What else is there?). I vape 11mg juice, soon to be 6mg so that is probably a factor as well.

Is there anyone familiar with most of these mods that has been a 510 vaper? Please don't think I haven't done my homework, its just that info on each of these mods is very scattered and its hard to make heads or tails of it all. I realize that much of this is subjective, that is why I'm trying to target ex-510 vapers who have made the switch. Thanks in advance for your input, I really appreciate it.

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
I really hate to endorse a single product, but from what you're saying I think I can help you narrow down the field. It seems like your progression thus far has been similar to mine - the longer you use a PV the more accustomed to the throat hit you feel and it starts to get disappointing, so you're chasing for better without stepping up the nic level of juice. I would go with something that will leave you room to upgrade without spending big bucks.

My choice would be something that can run either one big battery, or 2 3v/3.7v protected batteries. I know the chuck, xhaler, and silver bullet all fit in this category, I *think* the prodigy does as well. Avoid anything that will only allow you one type of battery if you want room to grow.

High voltage atomizers are your friend in this progression too - being able to tweak the level of throat hit and vapor production by more than just voltage is an awesome thing to be able to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread