Interesting article in reference to e-cigs and carcinogens by a doctor whose head is NOT up his ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaposue

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Orlando
VERY true! Check out the links on as well, many more to peruse and bookmark!

And I love your avatar, how cute! (The cat can get out, right?) :D
Haytoni, yours too! This is Cat-Agoric heaven on ECF.

Thanks, and yes the kitty is safe, lol. Jiffy is right, it is a photoshop image. There are so many cute cat pics out there, I thought this one was hilarious, being a cat owner myself. A lot of cat lovers on ECF!!:D

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Dr. Siegel is a long time advocate for ecigs, and his insightful articles are both a breath of fresh air and a thorn in the sides of those that would ban them. He continually exposes the lies and corruption in the FDA surrounding all aspects of tobacco-related issues. Unfortunately, he is one of the very few doctors taking a strong stance. I'd like to see more physicians on board with this, but unfortunately most doctors are not immune to negative propaganda, and tend to shy away from anything that negates the main-stream sound bites.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I dont know if any reasonable doctor would be Pro anything that is not regulated. There is no assurance that one batch of eliquid is going to be the same as any other.

I feel like theres only two extremes at play here. Those who are pro, and those who are con. The right way is to be in the middle. To acknowledge all the potential and positives as well as taking into account the negatives, or possible negatives. Sure comparing ecigs to tobacco cigarettes directly will result in a whole list of chemicals not in tobacco cigs because they are different products made up of different things. Examining merely just cancer causing chemicals is only one part of the examination. quality and control is another issue, Other chemicals that might have a negative effects is yet another.

how non-listed carcinogen chemicals might react with the body. For example. transfat is not a carcinogen. However eating it in excess could kill many people.

Lets keep an open mind on both sides of the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread