Is it true that Kanger is phasing out the evod coils? (instead using the Protanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0lfin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2011
Vancouver WA
If you still want True EVOD coils cravinvapes still has them

I just got an order of 20 from them and it doesn't say Kanger on the box, no name at all. What's up with that? Also box is white, I read somewhere on here that box should be black if it's really from Kanger. Confused...

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I hate when this type of thing happens! I really do! And I FEARED this s*** would happen when these items came out!
Now your lucky to be able to buy everything at one super store.. Because the super stores have different products.
I hate it when I get 14 items in my cart, everything on my shopping list I've made up... 1 last thing to get..

Search site: Vision Replacement Heads. Results: No products matched your search. Did you mean Smoktech ViviTank Replacement Coils?

Digital Man

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Debary, Florida
I've seen that Kanger is phasing out the evod heads, instead going with the Protank coils for both...

Not sure how I feel about this, I really like the draw on my evod, wouldn't want it any looser. I don't have a Protank, but everyone says that it is a lighter draw than the evod. Plus, my evod doesn't leak a drop through the center post, which.. (again, just from reading) does happen on Protanks at times when the tank starts to run low (ala the T3).

Should I start hording evod coil packs now? Or am I just making something out of nothing? I have about 15 coils on hand, and I guess that the draw is related to the ID of the center post.... seems like the evod and PT center posts are interchangeable, so I guess I could swap them out if need be.

Thoughts?
No just save the air tube from your Evod's, swap them with the Protank ones.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
I just got an order of 20 from them and it doesn't say Kanger on the box, no name at all. What's up with that? Also box is white, I read somewhere on here that box should be black if it's really from Kanger. Confused...
I read somewhere that the evods came in white box and PT heads in black...but not sure on that,I'm waiting on a order from wordup ecig and spoke to Jeffrey and he told me he had about 200 of the kanger evod heads left and that was monday.I ordered 5packs.

I personally haven't tried the evod or PT yet but have them coming as well.I just finished off supplies for I30's,I16's and VN and thought I would try BCC's for the first time.Heard so many mix reveiws here on ECF about PT, but have u noticed about every reveiwer on youtube thought it was the next best thing since slice bread.Maybe a coincidence maybe not who knows.Anyway I will know soon.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Well, I'd say don't bother with the new coils.. buy some wire and wick and rebuild.

I took the second new coil out... sucked... dry, airy hits. Popped the post and threw on an old eVod post... dry slightly less but still too airy hits.

I still have two packs worth of original coils... been rotating the first pack since I got them a couple of months ago. When they are up, I'll rebuild them... I'm done with the news coils

D0lfin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2011
Vancouver WA
Dale -

After posting that question last night, I ran across another post that had a picture up of the white box and it actually said Kanger on it and mine doesn't, so it looks like Cravin Vapes doesn't have REAL evod heads. Or at least none that they would sell to me :(

So, can anyone with experience with the clone heads help me out here, are the clones that bad? Should I try and return them? Worth the hassle??? I hate going to the post office, sigh...

If they are that bad, is it the body or the wicks? I guess if it's the wicks, I'll just rebuild them, going to a class at a local B&M store this weekend -but if it's the body, should probably return them. I 've only been using the evods for about a month, figures they'd get complicated, which was what I switched to evods to avoid. Grumble...

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Dale -

After posting that question last night, I ran across another post that had a picture up of the white box and it actually said Kanger on it and mine doesn't, so it looks like Cravin Vapes doesn't have REAL evod heads. Or at least none that they would sell to me :(

So, can anyone with experience with the clone heads help me out here, are the clones that bad? Should I try and return them? Worth the hassle??? I hate going to the post office, sigh...

If they are that bad, is it the body or the wicks? I guess if it's the wicks, I'll just rebuild them, going to a class at a local B&M store this weekend -but if it's the body, should probably return them. I 've only been using the evods for about a month, figures they'd get complicated, which was what I switched to evods to avoid. Grumble...

An email from Eric at Discount Vapers:

===

Kanger Evod Coils come in a blister pack in a white box, Kanger ProTank coils come in a blister pack and in a black box
(however, now Kanger just makes the one coil for both evod and protank - long stem - but still ships them in different boxes)

The black Protank Box has Kangers logo on it (on the top flap) The Evod and MT3's coil boxes (also white) do not have the logo.
The Protank Box did not always have their logo, that's fairly new, I would assume one of these days they will change the evod box to a logo also, or just combine the two boxes.

Kanger goes through different boxes and changes them once in a while (they added a "mega protank" check box to the protank box recently lol even though there is no mega that I know of) . It would be nice if they just went to one single box.

Kanger does NOT send single evod or protank coils outside of blister packs, if someone is selling them and they are not in blisters, they are not genuine (or they are really, really old like the first few weeks of release old)

Hope that clears it up, I get all my from Kanger, so I would certainly know lol

===

Put it this way: If you use genuine Kanger equipment (Evod, ProTank, M/T3S), and you buy from authorized retailers like DV, you should have no problems. I have five Evods, two MT3S tanks and a ProTank 2. The new, single line of Kanger coil heads work like champs in all of them. I have one knockoff Evod and it's nothing but a headache with anything except the older, shorter Evod heads and their clones.

See my post on how to tell the difference between Kanger Evods and clones.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...3-how-tell-genuine-kangertech-evod-clone.html

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Well got my stuff from Wordup and both evod and PT2 working like a charm.The Pt2 is slightly airy compared to what I'm use to but I think I'm going to like it.My evod heads(short stem) came in a black box with blister pack of 5 and on front of box says coil unit for evod bcc cartomizer.PT heads came in black box and says in front of box coil unit for protank clearomizer,and on back picture of a head and says invention patent with some #'s...protank on flap.

Evods hittin good on my spinners but thought I had 510 to ego adapter to use on my vamo 2 and vmax but only had 510-510 adapters.Anyone know if the ego adapter will make the evod work with those 2 mods(sure it will?)but would like to know for sure.I quess until I get the adapter will just have to use the spinners and MVP with them.

From link posted by ICBR media I definately got Kanger Evods assume the heads are kanger as well if not working great right now from first hit:)...

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
The new, single line of Kanger coil heads work like champs in all of them.

I've had a far different experience... I got a pack of new coils, 2.2s... the first coil was horrid... dry hits, everything tasted burnt, way too airy. Popped a second one out, same issue... replaced the post with an old eVod post... horrid... pulled a top wick... horrid. The remaining three are now in my drawer of shame with some nasty juice and an old knock off Vivi and T3 that had an incontinence issue.

I just ordered some wick and Kanthal... I love my evods and the only way I'll be able to keep them running is to rebuild them.

D0lfin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2011
Vancouver WA
An email from Eric at Discount Vapers:

===

Kanger Evod Coils come in a blister pack in a white box, ... The Evod and MT3's coil boxes (also white) do not have the logo.

See my post on how to tell the difference between Kanger Evods and clones.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...3-how-tell-genuine-kangertech-evod-clone.html

Wow, you guys amaze me, thanks for much for the info! I tried to like your posts, but it tells me I'm not logged in. The top of the page disagrees, but whatever. So, my heads came in blister packs of 5 and sounds like no logo on the box isn't cause for alarm. Funny thing is that I checked the bodies and all 5 that I have, including the one I just got from cravin vapes have the ridge around bottom of tip, longer windows, and protank heads won't screw all the way in - but there's only 3 air holes in bases and windows line up every time. I checked a few times - starting lined up, an eighth off, and a quarter turn off. So could I have genuine bases and clone bodies???

Ironically, I just sent the following email to them...

I'm wondering if the "Kanger" EVOD heads I received are genuine Kanger products or clones. I have seen other boxes that actually have the name Kanger on the box, I had expected the ones I received would have too. The picture displayed on your website prominently displays the Kanger name, why didn't what I received???

Unless you can explain this to my satisfaction and make me believe you, this will be my first and last order from your company. Just so you know, I am active on the ECF forum, have already posted about this, and will be sharing the outcome there as well. Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

~Guess I should figure out what I should actually be getting snippy about BEFORE the actual getting snippy part, huh? It's been that kind of day! :facepalm:

Thanks for the recommendation for Discount Vapers, I'll bookmark the site so I don't forget next time. I already like Eric - got the idea of using a sponge as a holder for filling the evods from one of his videos. Ingenious! And I see he's got the evods for a little less that I paid for a fake. This day just keeps getting better and better! :glare:

Appreciate the help, IBCR & Dale. I'll let you know what happens.

totaltechsvc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
www.cravinvapes.com
Dale -

This is the first I'm hearing of this? These assumptions are that Kangertech has consistency in their product branding & packaging. I'm uploading a video on our YouTube channel & thread about what we have received from kanger and what the fakes are also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread