Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
I've only been vaping a bit over a year. My starter was an Ego with atomizers and cartridges. I found that to be a pain so I tried a couple of "cigalikes" from v4l and smokeless image. Then an Ego C. Not satisfied, I went back to analogs for a few months :( Then I started hearing about this "variable voltage" thing and how it made the vape so much better, so I dipped my toes in the water with an Ego twist, and found that I got way more vapor and a better experience, so I got a Provari, which usually has a carto tank or a protank on top.

Now I'm looking for a better pocket PV...the Ego twists don't perform consistently enough for me. I have a Zmax flat-top telescope coming, maybe in 18350 mode it will be pocket-able.

Now I hear the same thing about the genesis attys. Right now, I'm looking at the Smokteck RSST and the Bolt mod on my bookshelf I just bought, but am afraid to make the leap and start folding mesh and wrapping wire, etc... I'm sure I'll dust them off and give it a try someday.

As far as tastes, I'm still struggling :(

Ideally, I would like to have a rotation of 4,6 or 8 juices, but so far Bobas Bounty has been the only constant (although Red drop from Mountain Oak is promising). I've probably ordered 30 samplers in the past year and just haven't hit a flavor I really like. I made an order today from Indigo, and I'm going to dust off the bottles of Pendragon and Sunday Morning that I didn't care for back in January, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll taste great 4 months later.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Maybe it's not so simple? :laugh:

Any vendors you'd like to revisit?

I have come back to lab tobaccos after an extended hiatus, or maybe it was a total ban? Either which way, while I do still love my NETs, I REALLY am enjoying lab tobaccos now (maybe because I get the limitations?). Of course there are a ton of bad lab tobaccos, but the good ones are just as much artfully created IMO as a good NET, they're just different. Even still, I am a tobacco vaper through and through, but instead of my tastes changing, it's more like my tastes are expanding.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Maybe it's not so simple? :laugh:

I have come back to lab tobaccos after an extended hiatus, or maybe it was a total ban? Either which way, while I do still love my NETs, I REALLY am enjoying lab tobaccos now (maybe because I get the limitations?). Of course there are a ton of bad lab tobaccos, but the good ones are just as much artfully created IMO as a good NET, they're just different. Even still, I am a tobacco vaper through and through, but instead of my tastes changing, it's more like my tastes are expanding.

I have as much arti-baccos I plan on ordering as NETs. It's all good in my hood.

Mann, do you differentiate between the terms artificia tobacco (arti-bacco), lab made tobacco (lab-bacco), and synthetic tobacco? I use them mostly interchangably, since all three terms can be used to describe any non-extracted tobacco juices, but wondering if they can be classified.

I'm thinking lab-baccos for juices made specifically in a lab. Like Halo, eVo, and GoodeJuice's Lab Made line. Halo and eVo are made by Nicopure at the same lab, and I have a feeling GoodeJuice's are made there too but not sure. Don't know what other vendors sell specifically lab made tobacco juices.

Synthetic could denote tobaccos made from artificial tobacco flavor concentrates. Such as epipemods who uses Flavors Apprentice, and I'm guessing the vast majority of other arti-bacco flavors sold.

And arti-bacco could just be a more general term to describe both types.

Thoughts? (Not just Mann, but anyone who has an opinion on this)

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
So, what lab juices are you grooving on currently?

As I've said, and I've fairly new, I'm still enjoying Halo's Turkish Tobacco, Freedom Juice, and GeJ's High Octane.

Halo's P15, Torque 56, Turkish and Longhorn; Vapor Station's Frisco, Phoenix, Tampa and Dover; Vapure's Dry Blend and Sweet and Mild; and WholeCigs' WC Tobacco. I got more, but those are the ones currently in rotation. I have some more stuff that I'll get into later.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have as much arti-baccos I plan on ordering as NETs. It's all good in my hood.

Mann, do you differentiate between the terms artificia tobacco (arti-bacco), lab made tobacco (lab-bacco), and synthetic tobacco? I use them mostly interchangably, since all three terms can be used to describe any non-extracted tobacco juices, but wondering if they can be classified.

I'm thinking lab-baccos for juices made specifically in a lab. Like Halo, eVo, and GoodeJuice's Lab Made line. Halo and eVo are made by Nicopure at the same lab, and I have a feeling GoodeJuice's are made there too but not sure. Don't know what other vendors sell specifically lab made tobacco juices.

No, just liking more the term lasstango uses, i.e., lab tobacco. They're all the same thing though.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Dover is the lick!

I noticed you have Longhorn from Halo listed. That juice really worked for me until it didn't. For a couple bottles I loved it. It's been a while, I'm sure it would work for me again now. Halo's latest offerings in their tobacco sample pack are a good pick. Those tins make for great holder for 7 eGo size or rechargebal batteries.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
<<What is the longest you've stuck with one vendor or even one juice?>>

Til they went "out of stock" for a couple weeks - that put me on a spree, ordering from a dozen places and looking for more til I stumble into my next ADV

<<Any flavors that you currently vape that you never thought you'd vaping?>>
"Grey Matter" from MrELiquid
I don't know what the hell it is, but I just ordered more :p

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Okay, like most of the other respondents (gotta love that word -- respondents -- it's so suave) I'm going to take these one by one:

How have your tastes changed or even stayed the same over the course of your vaping?

My tastes have, like your first respondent -- there's that word again -- expanded rather than fundamentally changed. I still love a good tobacco, but my tastes have expanded in tobaccos from just the RY4 and 555 variations like Halo Tribeca and Halo Prime 15, respectively, to take in NETs (or maybe just NET-like flavors) such as Hurricane Vapor Sunshine Cured Tobacco.

What is the longest you've stuck with one vendor or even one juice?

I will never, after 10 months of full-time vaping, lose my affection for Halo's tobacco lineup. There will never come a day when you hand me a bottle of Tribeca and hear me say, "Ugh! Halo?!" Never happen. 10 months on and I still love my Halo juices.

What are some of the juices that you used to LOVE but would not vape now if someone gave it to you for free?

I just can't give you a name on this one. I loved what i loved for a reason, and that reason was rock solid then -- which means it's still rock solid now.

I could see myself revisiting Synergy Vapor some time in the future. Depends what they bring out in the coming months or years. I'll probably revisit them again when the temperature falls back below the daytime century mark. They're just too far, and it's just too hot, for me to burn the shoe-leather walking 3 miles to reach them at this time of year.

Any flavors that you currently vape that you never thought you'd vaping?

Quite a few, actually. When I came to vaping, it was coming from a pack a day cigarette habit -- so I was, and I think this is true for most vapers in the beginning, all about tobacco -- and nothing else. But tonight/this morning, I'm waiting on vape mail that's bringing three flavors -- NET tobacco with a subtle coffee+cream infusion, a cheesecake flavor, and a berries flavor. 9 months ago, if you'd told me I'd spend money on the latter two, I would have laughed in your face. Well... politely. But there would have been laughing in a generally face-like direction.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
How have your tastes changed or even stayed the same over the course of your vaping?
I have vaped exclusively for about 2.5 years now. My "taste preference" has followed a curve that took me from: coffees & fruits, to tobaccos and vanillas and coffees, to vanillas and tobaccos only, and now tobaccos, coffees and fruits. (I just wish I could find a vanilla again to fall in love with! :cry:)

After LOVING several different coffees for about the first year, I hit a patch where I could not STAND any coffee juice whatsoever! :( Fortunately, that seems to have changed in the past 6 months . . . :)

I probably stuck with Bounty Hunter and/or NiteLiteVapor the longest . . . more than a year, I know. I am now (and have been since July 2012) happily married to Ahlusion, with regular trysts with HHV and Halo . . .:blush::laugh:

What are some of the juices that you used to LOVE but would not vape now if someone gave it to you for free?
V4L's Premium Vanilla and ANY classic RY4 :)ohmy:)

No. Although I'll always fondly remember (and still recommend) Highbrow. :)

Any flavors that you currently vape that you never thought you'd be vaping?
TEAS!! :laugh: (Love my A+ teas!) Also, Mojito Cubano: I never thought I would/could vape any rum drink.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have vaped exclusively for about 2.5 years now. My "taste preference" has followed a curve that took me from: coffees & fruits, to tobaccos and vanillas and coffees, to vanillas and tobaccos only, and now tobaccos and fruits. (I just wish I could find a vanilla again to fall in love with! :cry:)

After LOVING several different coffees for about the first year, I hit a patch where I could not STAND any coffee juice whatsoever! :( Fortunately, that seems to have changed in the past 6 months . . . :)

I probably stuck with Bounty Hunter and/or NiteLiteVapor the longest . . . more than a year, I know. I am now (and have been since July 2012) happily married to Ahlusion, with regular trysts with HHV and Halo . . .:blush::laugh:

V4L's Premium Vanilla and ANY classic RY4 :)ohmy:)

No. Although I'll always fondly remember (and still recommend) Highbrow. :)

TEAS!! :laugh: (Love my A+ teas!) Also, Mojito Cubano: I never thought I would/could vape any rum drink.

Eleanor, you're the first here to be assisting me! LOL. Thanks for the response and the assist. ;)

Snapdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Six months in and I wrapped my first coil today. I worked! AGA -T2 on a ProVari. Big change from the 510Ts - haha

My fav vendor, who has been there through it all and is totally tired of "what batteries should I get" :blush: is www.CANVAPE.com

When I first started vaping I made a batch of my own strawberry vanilla custard and it was awesome BUT I could never duplicate it and won't even vape strawberry now.

My current favorite and one that I never thought I would like is Maple Cream Cookie from JUGHEADS.co We've Got the Vapors ! It's amazing and so are they.

One of these days I'm going to try Swedish Fish ....... now that I know it's a candy flavor and not real fish. ;)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

I never thought it would happen, but I have come to appreciate and vape 555s. I think it happened because I was able to sample a natural tobacco that had that typical 555 nuttiness to it. After that, I suppose, it finally made sense. Now, I would say I am down with 555. :shock:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
One constant is menthol - never gets old, from Janty or Dulice. Same for RY5, from Janty.

One that surprised me recently - Dekang. Cheap, fast delivery and good solid flavors and vapor, not 'dessert' quality but good workaday juices. Never thought I'd be vaping vanilla all day but to my surprise I just have and still am...

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I still smoke some (I know, bad me), so I think my tastebuds have not thoroughly recovered yet. I notice I can detect more subtle flavors now and that a juice may be great one month, then not so great the next.

What is the longest you've stuck with one vendor or even one juice? Ahlusion as a vendor since May 2013. I loved my first order and keep going back.

ANY V4L juice (blech), ECBlends stuff, though I may not have given them a fair shot, HHV's fruit juices that I tried, although I do love them and have received great service there.

Any vendors you'd like to revisit? Most of the vendors I tried at first, I am pretty much over. My first artisan juice was from Ahlusion, and I am hooked! There are still many I want to try out.

Any flavors that you currently vape that you never thought you'd vaping? Nebuchadnezzar by Seduce Juice (Cucumber, mint, cantaloupe), NET tobaccos (heart them), Pizza juice - definitely worth a try!

I started researching as soon as I bought my first setup and keep researching today. I saved myself a lot of time and wasted money doing this, I think. Where I would have kept with mediocre juices and kept buying more and more trying to get a satisfactory vape, I can now make educated purchases and pretty much enjoy most of them.

Last edited:

Catherine Moll

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
GA
I have been vaping for 3 weeks. I use a ego battery with vivi nova top. I have vaped peppermint, choca toffee, choca fudge brownie, black cherry, mocha, french vanilla, I have also mixed my choca toffee and black cherry together to make choca cherry (I am no pro at mixing lol) well today I wanted a change from choca so I went and got green apple must say I love it. I was a 2 plus pack a day smoker. I orderly first online order the other day been just getting my juices locally, can't wait to get my new juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread