10395854_805867306104162_6135773370578215514_n.jpg

Your photos make me miss my HP Envy :(

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
My switch looks just like yours Woody, though I have the infinite version. I wonder if your tube is too short? You could compare against someone whose SR is from the same vendor/manufacturer. On my infinite, the 18650 tube is a tiny bit too long so shows a lot of copper threading. I have a replacement ext. tube that's supposed to be the correct length, and I'm hoping it doesn't cause your issues.

I hope you get it resolved as they can be very nice mods!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Now on mine, I have three, when the switch was screwed in tight against the battery the button would tend to stick in fire position or stick will pressing in and misfiring and very clicky. Here is what I did to all three as seen in this post: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...6-jd-mods-stingray-clone-55.html#post13131834
The one with the ss tube needed it the least but I did this to all mine, they all are working nice now.
The sharp edge on the inside edge of the button digs into the outside of the battery tube due to the excess wobble of the switch, there just wasn't enough clearance there till I made some.

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Now on mine, I have three, when the switch was screwed in tight against the battery the button would tend to stick in fire position or stick will pressing in and misfiring and very clicky. Here is what I did to all three as seen in this post: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...6-jd-mods-stingray-clone-55.html#post13131834
The one with the ss tube needed it the least but I did this to all mine, they all are working nice now.
The sharp edge on the inside edge of the button digs into the outside of the battery tube due to the excess wobble of the switch, there just wasn't enough clearance there till I made some.

I received my Infinite Brass SR a few days ago and the button was giving me some issues, I may try the above method as well but I found that swapping the small dowel pin in my nemesis clone switch into the SR switch solved pretty much all the issues I was having (along with a good cleaning and polishing of switch parts). The pin in the nemesis switch is longer and fits the SR switch perfectly. This all but eliminated any crunchiness and I no longer have to hit the switch DEAD CENTER in order for it to push and fire.

My stingray switch doesn't autofire when sat down without being locked like my nemesis which is why I was reluctant to use the nemesis switch on the stingray. FWIW I put the SR pin into my nemesis switch and couldn't tell a difference.

Obligatory photo (18490 mode + EHpro KFL+ with nano kit):

2014-06-10 13.40.26.jpg

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I have the infinite brass clone of the stingray and have been unable to make my evolv kick with an 18650 using all extension tubes. The closest I can get to making it fit has several threads showing on one tube...will the kick only fit with all tubes and a 18500 or 18490?
I'm not sure but I think it is with just 18490 and 18500

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
There's no threads showing, but I'm using an IBTank and I have about a 1mm (maybe less) gap under it. When I first set it up, I had one thread showing, and I think the tank may have been flush at that point. I started with non-flanged cartos, but went to the flanged, which caused a gap. I went back to non-flanged and still have the gap. I'm not sure if I would have enough airflow without a gap. Might try that next time around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread