Juice color changed in my EVOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Okay so first off I'm using an EVOD battery and clearomizer, and yesterday night I topped off my clearomizer with some juice (fruity hoops from MBV) and the color of the juice is pretty clear, kind of the same color as corn syrup you can buy at a store, and last night in my clearo it was fine, so today I was vaping and noticed it felt like I wasn't getting any vapor or anything so I thought maybe if I just add more juice. I went to do that and noticed that the juice I had left like half full had changed color, there was a dark brown color in my clearo and was hardly making and vape, and the wicks on the head are dark and covered in that dark brown maple syrup color of the juice.

To clarify, the dark brown color in the clearo was mainly down at the bottom/mouth piece. and I sadly dumped it out and saw that it was almost like there were 2 types of juice in there (I know for a fact there was not, I cleaned it before switching flavors). So my question is, is this normal? Do I just clean the clearo and atty head and see if it happens again? or should I go ahead and replace the atty? I have no idea what caused this =\

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
As the eliquid is vaporized some residue will end of being caramelized on the coil. This happens even more with darker, sweeter liquids. Eventually it will start to spread through the fresh eliquid, don't be alarmed by it.

What I do is take the EVOD apart and run the base and replaceable head under warm water for a while, then press a paper towel against the ends of the wick to suck as much moisture out of there as possible. After making sure all of the parts are dry I attach the base to my mod (with the replaceable head in it), remove the rubber gasket from where the long knurled post meets the head itself, and then pull off that post. You should then be looking right at the wick and coil. Turn the power on your device down to a low-ish setting (if possible) and pulse the fire button for a couple of seconds at a time. Continue doing that until you see the coil glow red and there is no more residue burning off of the coil.

After that, give it another quick rinse under warm water, dry it all out again, and refill. You should be good to go. Doing that every two or three tankfuls will allow your heads to last longer as well.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Okay so first off I'm using an EVOD battery and clearomizer, and yesterday night I topped off my clearomizer with some juice (fruity hoops from MBV) and the color of the juice is pretty clear, kind of the same color as corn syrup you can buy at a store, and last night in my clearo it was fine, so today I was vaping and noticed it felt like I wasn't getting any vapor or anything so I thought maybe if I just add more juice. I went to do that and noticed that the juice I had left like half full had changed color, there was a dark brown color in my clearo and was hardly making and vape, and the wicks on the head are dark and covered in that dark brown maple syrup color of the juice.

To clarify, the dark brown color in the clearo was mainly down at the bottom/mouth piece. and I sadly dumped it out and saw that it was almost like there were 2 types of juice in there (I know for a fact there was not, I cleaned it before switching flavors). So my question is, is this normal? Do I just clean the clearo and atty head and see if it happens again? or should I go ahead and replace the atty? I have no idea what caused this =\

Its entirely normal for the heads to gunk up, especially if using sweeter/heavy flavored juices.

Remove the head and dry-burn it to remove the gunk:

Vapor Lady Lounge Kanger eVod, Protank, MT3, Cleaning and Burning The Atomizer for Better Vaping - YouTube

The juice in the tank is still vapable but may have a slightly off taste and will likely gunk the coil back up pretty quick.

Might as well finish it, then clean the coil again. You will want to dry burn regularly to prolong head life, until you get into rebuilding them (if you choose to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread