Just getting into rebuildables

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
United States
Hi, today I purchased an itaste mvp 2 as an upgrade from my ego-c battery. I'm a bit intimidated by unregulated mods, and on a low budget, I found the mvp to be a good buy. Now I'm looking for a rebuildable atty to go along with my mvp! There's so much on the market though so I'm here to ask for some veteran insight. The most important aspect for me is flavor. Clone or authentic doesn't matter too much as long as it's solid and a reasonable price. I was looking into the kayfun lite plus v2 clone but heard that the design of it concentrates the vapor and makes for a hot/scorching vapor that wears the throat out, which I'm turned off by because I'm looking for something that I can vape on all day without feeling like my atty is trying to knock me out. Any suggestions?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Do you have all the necessary tools and skills to rebuild? While you can use the ohm meter on your MVP2, a separate DMM is definitely easier, since you can check values during the process, not just at completion.

While there are many good clearos that will likely satisfy your needs, there's also a lot to be said for the fun of building. Many of us have let vaping become a hobby :)

The Kayfuns... I have two, and none of the problems you cite. I'm curious about where that came from. But I have no need for sub-Ω, keeping my coils around 1.5. No hot vapor, no throat problems. They are easy to work on and, ime, reliable and leak free.

Since you're looking for something to use all day, I'd suggest you avoid drippers. Due to their nature, you'll be fiddling with them - i.e. dripping - all day long.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I've never herd of those issues with a Kayfun either. I have one and a Russian 91% never experienced any of those issues. I'd say it's a great choice for you. Extremly easy to build on. But as stated purchase a digital multimeter. Also, a friend of mine just borrowed my Kayfun, liked it so well she ordered a clone and is loving it! She is also new to rebuilding and said she got it perfect on her first try on her clone. Best of luck to you!

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Hi, today I purchased an itaste mvp 2 as an upgrade from my ego-c battery. I'm a bit intimidated by unregulated mods, and on a low budget, I found the mvp to be a good buy. Now I'm looking for a rebuildable atty to go along with my mvp! There's so much on the market though so I'm here to ask for some veteran insight. The most important aspect for me is flavor. Clone or authentic doesn't matter too much as long as it's solid and a reasonable price. I was looking into the kayfun lite plus v2 clone but heard that the design of it concentrates the vapor and makes for a hot/scorching vapor that wears the throat out, which I'm turned off by because I'm looking for something that I can vape on all day without feeling like my atty is trying to knock me out. Any suggestions?

Ditto to what David and JugBand said. I have 8 KayFun's and that's not an issue nor has it ever happened. Some of mine are real deal originals and some are clones. This "story" sounds like a bad build and or cranking up the Voltage to high. The fill port is on the base and includes an O ring for most KFs. You will need a syringe 3cc Luer Slip Syringe w/ cap and one of these 18ga x 1½" Blunt Tip Needle - Pink Base for the fastest and easiest way to fill your KF with about 4+ ML of love juice. Get a couple since they are cheap.

I have purchased three of my KF clones from Black Edition Kayfun V3 - Custom Mod Creation and I am very happy. Fast shipping. They take PayPal, and this clone for $40 is almost as well built as the original which costs around $100. The taste/flavor is the same as the real deal KF. One of my purchases had a funky drip tip and they immediately replaced it in a very fast manner and with no hastle. I have no connection with this vendor. :)

HTH

:)

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I have a KFL+v2, and it has the cleanest taste for a rebuildable that I've ever tried. In fact, I've had to take my voltage down compared to other rebuildables that I use. For whatever reason, it seems to make better use of the voltage provided to it. I don't know why.

I imagine that your reviews that you read were the people looking at a chart and not adjusting to taste. If you're running it too hot, it can burn. If your wicks aren't in the channel enough, or too much, it can burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread