Need some rebuildable atty insight

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I was looking into the kayfun lite plus v2 clone by ehpro but heard that the design of it concentrated the vapor which made a scorching/hot vapor that wears out the throat.

I've not heard this. Clearly, to a new vaper, too much vapour could cause problems.

I don't find them "hot"... which is a fair test (i.m.o.) as I mostly vape on normal kit anyway.

quest

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
United States
Out of mine, a Taifun GT, Kayfun 3.1 and a Kayfun Lite plus and my newest, the Expromiser, it's hands down the expromiser. Easiest to build on and wick, best flavor and overall best vaping experience.
Hmmm, I'll have to reconsider then, but at the moment, the eXpromizer is out of stock in US from what I can tell.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Another vote for the KFL+. I've had mine for about two months (authentic KFL+). Only issue I've had was some leaking from the air hole. Initially I thought it was an o-ring problem, but a buddy showed me that one of the tank rings was cross-threaded, allowing an air leak into the vacuum chamber. The KFL+ has extremely fine threading, so it is easy to cross-thread the parts. I run a single 1.3 ohm microcoil which can be used on a Provari, MVP, or mechanical mod. Extremely cool smooth flavorful vapor. Best tank I've ever owned. Take that back, best juice delivery device I've ever owned, period. Highly recommended.

I have two Genesis-style RBA's. Not my recommendation. Genny's can leak if not kept upright, and most require you to tilt the tank sideways to get them to wick properly while vaping. I only used SS mesh wicks, again not my cup of tea. Kayfun is easier for a beginner and a better design engineering-wise IMHO. Your mileage may vary.

Kayfun-style RTA.jpg Kayfun-style RBA (tank on top)

Genesis-style RTA.jpg Genesis-style RBA (tank on bottom)

The IGO-W is an inexpensive rebuildable drip atomizer which I'd recommend as a first RBA. Three posts for either single or dual coil builds.

igo_w_drip_atomizer.jpg IGO-W drip atomizer

Information Resources for Your First RBA

Last edited:

quest

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
United States
Another vote for the KFL+. I've had mine for about two months (authentic KFL+). Only issue I've had was some leaking from the air hole. Initially I thought it was an o-ring problem, but a buddy showed me that one of the tank rings was cross-threaded, allowing an air leak into the vacuum chamber. The KFL+ has extremely fine threading, so it is easy to cross-thread the parts. I run a single 1.3 ohm microcoil which can be used on a Provari, MVP, or mechanical mod. Extremely cool smooth flavorful vapor. Best tank I've ever owned. Take that back, best juice delivery device I've ever owned, period. Highly recommended.

Nice! I feel very confident investing in the KFL+ v2 now with all the good things I've heard about it so far. I'm looking to build a 1.4 ohm micro chimney coil like the one rip trippers did as my first coil build.

Dual Airflow Kayfun Lite Plus v2 Clone by EHPRO - Eciggity
Anyone have opinions on this? The dual airflow might solve some of the problems people have with KFL+ in terms of the tight draws.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I have an Expromiser as well as the Russian 91, and the original Kayfun. The Expromiser vapes just as well as the Kayfun, but coil work can be done without the tank being empty.

I usually mess with coils and wicks when the tank is empty, and if I burn a wick somehow with a full tank, it doesn't bother me to empty the juice.

So, from a a perspective of looks, I use the Kayfun/Russians more. The Expro is just as good, and if I liked it's looks better I would use it more

Last edited:

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
hmmm...airflow restriction in the Kayfun is usually due to the coil being too close to the airhole. It is easy to do this, as the airhole is directly below the coil, and when you tighten the screws it tends to pull the coil downwards.

All of my Kayfun style attys can deliver a very airy draw - the Russian is so loose that its now different than drawing a normal breath.

Or, he has the airflow adjustment screw in tight.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
Depends on what you want and like. The Taifun is a quality unit, but I sold mine in favor of the Kayfun.

For on the go taste, however, I think the GP Spheroid beats everything. The Heron is the 22mm atty that is the same.

I bought it for a reason most wouldnt like it for-the 16mm form factor as I wanted a small high perfomance atty.

Long story short, any of the suggestions will do. What would help narrow it down is info on what you want in areas such as how long between refills, do you want clouds or taste, and so on.

Genesis style attys are another choice but take a long time to learn (and set up right they dont leak-no matter what they say)

So....what do you want out if your atty?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
I have to agree with you on the Kayfun lite + V2 (planning on ordering this soon). I have a Kayfun lite + clone from Fasttech. love it, easy to build, great flavor, decent vapor, no leaks, tank gives me a lot of juice to carry around. You can get them from Fasttech or Focalecig for $31.00 but you have to wait a few weeks. I would build the single coil first just to get ya goin. just sayin :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread