Kamry K500

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I just triggered an order for a Kamry K500 kit from fasttech.
Impulse buy, I've had eroll's in the past.
With the current hong kong shipping issues, I'll have a month wait :(
Great price and the specs look good on it, such as 3.7v output on the batteries...

Curious if anyone here has one of these kits.
It looks almost exactly like an Eroll, except the atomizer cone and battery are KR808 threaded.

Has me wondering if I can find a KR808 clearomizer that is the correct length to connect to the K500 battery and still fit the PCC.
Something like a Vision Nano type of clearomizer.
Anyone try this yet?

Here's the link to the Kamry K500 on the fasttech site.
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10006203/1475404-authentic-kamry-k500-90mah-mini-automatic-e

Last edited:

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
I too would be interested to see how this thing performs, though it doesn't appear to be machined very well - certainly not as sleek as the eRoll. It appears to be a cheaper version of the eRoll, and since the eRoll already has some shortcomings (ie. leaking on occasion), so I would expect the K500 to have even more problems (coupled with the negative reviews of the Fasttech eRoll atomizers).

Competition is always good, though, and I can't wait to read some reviews from people who've owned both.

Last edited:

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
I, admittedly, didn't search very long on the fasttech website, but I couldn't find extra cones for the K500, so I'm not sure how much they'd be as the starter package only ships with one. The fasttech atty's don't get good reviews from the eRoll users who've tried them in an eRoll, so you'd probably want to buy JoyeTech attys after you burn through the first three that come with the K500.

Personally, I wouldn't want an 808 screw type connection as I prefer the eRoll style connection - no threads, but if you have a bunch of 808 batteries already, it might be worth it to you. And I prefer the slick look of the eRoll (no weird gold band in the middle that isn't flush with the surface), so I'd pay the extra $16 and spring for the eRoll.

Also, I couldn't find replacement batteries on the website, so I'm not sure how much the replacement cost would be.

Seems to be the same length as the eRoll and same charging capacities, though.

aelwero

Nov 9, 2013
texas
picked one up today at a local brick n mortar... not impressed at all. The overall design is good, it looks nice, and the atty and tank design seem like they'd be much less likely to leak and gurgle, but the vape on it is just horrible. Thin and bland.

PCC's are very close to being the same, only a couple minor differences. both batteries fit into the k500 PCC a little more tightly, so you can actually charge the spare battery without a cone or tank attached (bonus). On the k500 PCC, the PCC charge indicator light blinks blue when it has a battery charging, in addition to the battery light showing blue from the battery itself though the little window spot. It also will charge a battery while the case is charging, same as the e-roll, but the light is red with the blue flashing as well.

tanks and atties appear to be completely interchangeable between the two. both types of atties fit either battery, and either tank will attach to either atty.

K500 batteries seems to last longer on a charge, but also seems to fire with a little less "oomph"... moving the atty/tank from either eroll battery to either k500 battery makes less vapor...

the tanks on the k500 are definitely better than the eroll tanks... instead of a plastic cap, the k500 tanks have a silicone plug... so no little latches to undo to fill it, you just pull out the plug no problem. Easier refills :) . The hole the atty goes into is longer, and is silicone, so it attaches much more securely, and it seals much better (the tank itself seats VERY nicely into the eroll atty cone as well). could be issues with the shorter eroll atties not seating all the way in because the spike is shorter, but I've been through 3 tanks so far without any problem, so looks good so far :) since it's a silicone sleeve basically, I'm guessing that the leaking issue will be MUCH less likely :)

Overall, the K500 as a kit appears to be garbage, however, using K500 tanks with your eroll is most likely a hugely good idea, and if you can get just a PCC, you can charge your spare batteries without an atty cone :) I'm not liking the K500 one bit, but this K500 tank on my eroll and the spare battery charging without a cone is easily making up for the k500 batteries and atties being garbage.

If you have an eroll, skip the k500, but definitely order some of the K500 tanks :)

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Now you just need to find them. Looking around, I could only find the tanks with the kit.

Yeah, I struck out too ... :(

Maybe they figured that the tanks are more durable, and don't need replacement for the life of the unit ? :confused:

Its got me thinking of some way to replace the eRoll tank cap with silicone ... :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread