Kayfun Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guppy086

Jul 1, 2014
Ireland
I'm thinking of investing in a Kayfun Lite from fasttech. Can't afford a genuine one at the moment and as I'm new to building my own coils, I figured a clone was a good start. The one I'm looking at has had good reviews. My question is, what size kanthal should I use and how many wraps. I will be using it on a Vamo v5 and E-Huge. What ohm's should I aim for and how many wraps will I need. I have some .20 Kanthal lying around but will get a different size wire if needed....Ian

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
Kayfuns are the best flavor tanks on the planet IMO you cant go wrong with one I have authentic and clones and they all vape great. Use a coil in the 1.2 - 1.5 ohm range. This build in this video is the best I have found so far you can use cotton instead of silica if you want but the silica works great as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXjBWf8Pc0

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
To answer your question directly on the 20 gauge kanthal, IMO It would take far to many wraps to get that to the right ohms plus I doubt if youd ever get that large of a wire to stick under the tiny screws that hold your coil. I use 28g kanthal around a 2mm rivet 8 wraps to get me to 1.4 ohms works great with cotton. I run through 4 full tanks before taking apart, pull cotton, and dry burn the coil and rewick.

crooklyn

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Connecticut
I got a kayfun clone from fasttech as a backup and it was CRAPPPPPPP!!!!!!. Took 3 weeks to get and had a weird metally after taste. I washed and tried to boil it but it was horrible tasting still. Tighten down one of the post and the whole block with screw would move.

If its a clone you can afford go for the EHpro version. The Tobecco is good too but I like the EHPro version better. IMHO

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
To answer your question directly on the 20 gauge kanthal, IMO It would take far to many wraps to get that to the right ohms plus I doubt if youd ever get that large of a wire to stick under the tiny screws that hold your coil. I use 28g kanthal around a 2mm rivet 8 wraps to get me to 1.4 ohms works great with cotton. I run through 4 full tanks before taking apart, pull cotton, and dry burn the coil and rewick.

He has .2mm wire.. or 32ga to us.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
For my kayfun I get great flavor and nice dense vapor using a micro coil. I use 28 gauge kanthal wire, (28 gauge is what I use for most builds) I do a 5/6 tight wrap on a 3/4 inch screw driver then I compress the coil with tweezers and torch it while compressed. Let cool then connect it. This consistently gives me about a 1.0 ohm build. When building kayfun, allow 2-3 mm for the coil to sit above the air flow valve or you will get flooding. I wick with a sterile cotton. I must say my kayfun and taifun give me some of the best flavor and vapor I've had. The kayfun is very much worth getting as it won't disapoint! However build and wicking is Important if not done correctly it can be temperamental. If you are getting a gurgle it's due to the wicking. I highly recommend watching some you tube videos on how to build and wick the kayfun. Once you get the build down, nothing compares to it! In fact, I like mine so much I just ordered another one! Kayfun and taifun are both a great choice in RBAS. I think if you choose the kayfun you will be very happy with it. As for wire, like I mentioned, you can't go wrong with 28 gauge wire. Hope this helps. Best wishes

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Kayfuns are the best flavor tanks on the planet IMO you cant go wrong with one I have authentic and clones and they all vape great. Use a coil in the 1.2 - 1.5 ohm range. This build in this video is the best I have found so far you can use cotton instead of silica if you want but the silica works great as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdXjBWf8Pc0

After a couple of builds on my Kayfuns I saw that video and just had to try it. It was awesome! That's how I do all of my builds on my Kayfuns now.

For my kayfun I get great flavor and nice dense vapor using a micro coil. I use 28 gauge kanthal wire, (28 gauge is what I use for most builds) I do a 5/6 tight wrap on a 3/4 inch screw driver

realsis? I've noticed you post this several times but it just can't be right. 3/4 inch inside diameter? The diameter of a Kayfun is about 3/4 inch. Surely you aren't wrapping coils that large. If you are, I certainly don't see how you fit them in your Kayfun.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I picked up a KFL clone from Fasttech a few weeks ago. I'm still tinkering with it, but other than my own ineptitude, haven't had any problems. I built one coil with 30g (about 1.8Ω) and another with 28g (about 1.3-1.4Ω) Running it on an MVP. Pulled the trigger and ordered another clone and 2 minis. These will all have the airflow control that my original doesn't. Hoping to see what difference that makes. That will get me 4 for an average price of about 3 packs of cigarettes each....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread