Status
Not open for further replies.

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
For my kayfun I get great flavor and nice dense vapor using a micro coil. I use 28 gauge kanthal wire, (28 gauge is what I use for most builds) I do a 5/6 tight wrap on a 3/4 inch screw driver then I compress the coil with tweezers and torch it while compressed. Let cool then connect it. This consistently gives me about a 1.0 ohm build. When building kayfun, allow 2-3 mm for the coil to sit above the air flow valve or you will get flooding. I wick with a sterile cotton. I must say my kayfun and taifun give me some of the best flavor and vapor I've had. The kayfun is very much worth getting as it won't disapoint! However build and wicking is Important if not done correctly it can be temperamental. If you are getting a gurgle it's due to the wicking. I highly recommend watching some you tube videos on how to build and wick the kayfun. Once you get the build down, nothing compares to it! In fact, I like mine so much I just ordered another one! Kayfun and taifun are both a great choice in RBAS. I think if you choose the kayfun you will be very happy with it. As for wire, like I mentioned, you can't go wrong with 28 gauge wire. Hope this helps. Best wishes

3/4" coil?? :blink:

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Am I the only one who wraps coils at 1.6 - 1.8 with 28g? I see a lot of people doing low (1.2 - 1.4) on their Kayfuns. What am I missing out on? Sorry to hijack the topic, not my intention :3

No. I do about that myself.. It all depends on the device you plan on placing it on.

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Hi Midniteoyl. Sorry for the mistake. What it says on my Kanthal is.... 0,20 KAN-A1 25m, I assumed it was 20g!!!

Figure since you're in Europe, you'd have mm not gauge. Gauge (in the US) would have something like '30 AWG' or '30 ga.'

.2mm = ~32ga

.25mm = ~30ga

.3mm = ~28ga

Last edited:

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
I have the "Russian" but before that used the Kayfun Lite Plus with 28 ga wire/cotton, I think it was about $30 bucks on Ebay (went to a store and got "rigged" up for the first one, then started getting a bunch of stuff on Ebay. Just did search lowest buy it now, and you're good to go, and it's good smoker (with Nemisis Mod)

three weeks and five days with no smokes!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Thanks everyone for all your replies. I'm a member not even 24hrs yet and I'm already getting plenty of replies and great advise to my threads. Thank you all. I have a link for the Kayfun Lite I am thinking of buying but i am not sure if i am allowed to post it???

I think you've made it past the initial 5 posts required for new members. You should be able to share the link now :) (if it's not 5 posts, it might be 15 - check the new member info at the top of the New Member's Forum. There are rules there for you....)

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va

crooklyn

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Connecticut
I bought the dual air flow one too to check it out......fyi keep your eye on the order.....mine sat for two days in processing.....messaged them and told them I paid 2 day priorty mail not to have it sit for 2 days before shipping..... they sent it out that day with a tracking number.

Could be a fluke but it was my first time ordering from them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread