Lifting Weights and vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryu1

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
los angeles
anyone here lift weights and vape? Notice shortness of breath? lowered lung capacity?
I tend to notice it when I vape a vg heavy juice...my lung function is much better than before when I was smoking cigs, but still cant seem to get it past a certain point while im still vaping... in other words, im sure my lungs could handle a lot more if I wasn't vaping..
obvious I know, but im wondering if anyone else notices also? Ive heard of people running marathons who were vapers.. I cant imagine

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
I started running in early June and made little progress working on the C25K program. I couldn't seem to get past the 5 minute mark without painful cramps in my calves. I did some research and came to the conclusion it was due to lactate acid buildup. So more research ensued to find out how to prevent it. Lactate acid is processed by blood flow, (oxygen flow). I'd been a smoker for a loooong time and knew my oxygen levels were low so I decided to quit and see what happened. Three days after quitting I was able to surpass the 5 minute mark by 60%, yesterday I hit the 25 minute mark with increased speed and very little cramping. I don't vape for at least 10-15 minutes before I start running and I feel a ton better than I did 3+ weeks ago. As for whether or not it still hurts my lung capacity, I don't know. Considering the progress I'm making now, if it does hurt lung capacity it's not much at least for me.

Sheesh, all that to say 'I don't know?'. Sry!

ryu1

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
los angeles
don't be sorry, I wanted others point of views. I don't know what is fact or not, so right now all I can go on is my own and others experiences. Thanks for your input!
I actually have been trying to cut down on vaping to see if it makes a difference with my lungs. I have been vaping 3mg for months and months before, but I can vape that nonstop all day. So I started vaping 6mg because I cant vape it nearly as much without getting lightheaded. ive cut back a little, but I think my plan is backfiring. Im getting used to the 6mg and can tell its affecting me less and less so ive been vaping more lately!! uh oh

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Maybe you should change your vaping technique temporarily and see if there is any improvement. Try not inhaling into your lungs.

Nicotine from vaping is absorbed through the mucous membranes in the mouth and nasal passages rather than the lungs so it is not necessary to inhale. The nicotine from smoking contains smaller nicotine particles that can be absorbed in the lungs.

Also, some people report a heavy lung feeling from VG so using a lower percentage of VG may help.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I have been running 10k's for a long time and actually noticed no difference in my lungs or body since I began vaping, but did notice a huge difference when I quit analogs....same with my 1 day a week 2 mile swims or my 1 day a week of lifting..and with my band voice, it was not exactly the same, analogs were making my throat all raw and raspy, but I saw a huge comfortable difference when I began to vape....but also I'm a 65PG/35VG user so not sure if that U can compare that to being a 100% VG user..

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Don't vape while lifting weights. Wait till after your work out, and while taking a nice long soak in the tub.

I am feeling so much better and happier since I started to vape, will give it a year before even thinking about reassessing my choice to vape. But then again, I was a smoker for 37 years till I got onboard with the Vape Revolution.

It is the dawning of the age of the Vapuarius or was that Aquarius? I get so confused in my old age. lmao

Vape On!

Vape the World!!!

Hiya mate,

Im a long time smoker (22 years) and even longer weight lifter (26 years).

I can definitely say that with vaping, I can jump on a cross-trainer and go at it very hard for 60 minutes with just breathing through my nose - no heavy breathing/breathlessness...

and regarding weights.... I only lift for mass and strength, so i never really reach aerobic distress, even when smoking.

~Jon.
gym1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread