Lock out your Kids !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
true bob.. but while i think neat nicotine is nasty.. i dont think nicotine absortion thru the skin from our mainly greasy glycerol e liquid is in the same league..

ingestion is a different matter.. i wouldnt drink the bloody stuff.. as for spots well thats different thing i recon..

the body rapidly gets rid of nicotine.. assuming one dosnt bath in the stuff.. i dont think getting e liquid on the skin is that lethal.. but nobody take my word for it.. he he..

u are probably 99% pure nicotine bob... he he..

trog

ps.. i was puffing away on my SD while having the stuff on my hand.. we are talking a good ten square inches of skin area with it on..

Last edited:

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
From our forum: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/law-e-cigarette/4860-australian-ban-egar-illegal.html

'The fatal dose in an adult is from 40 to 60mg and 10mg for children and prompt treatment of nicotine poisoning is essential.' --Victoria Health Minister

Maybe you could measure out like 20mg and paint it on your arm to see if there's any truth to the claim. I'm joking of course. Don't do that.

Still you have to assume it's possible that an adult smoker could be unaffected by a method of nicotine delivery that would still harm a kid.

The health minister wasn't specific about what exactly the health concern was. Just a bunch of general things. Absorption through the skin was just one in a list of things the health minister used to back up his stance that nicotine is simply bad in general and should be banned in all forms. It seems they are working towards that end.

Except the patches and gum, mysteriously. I guess they're only against things that cause people pleasure.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Fine. Trog has proven beyond any doubt that e-liquid cannot be absorbed throught the skin, so absolutely no precautions are necessary when handling and/or storing your nicotine solutions. Actually, you can use the strongest stuff as a hand lotion.

Don´t worrry, be happy.

f-ck off frankie.. trog has just conducted a little real life test and reported the results..

which is more than u have done..

trog

ps.. in fact never believe a word u read anywhere..

Last edited:

nqhqhz

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2009
Ireland
I have a suspicion (based on the fact that trog100 is still alive) that since the nicotine is say 3.8% w/v, that your pores get saturated by the sugars and alcohols, and the rest of the glycols stay outside the skin and evaporates... along with the nicotine...somehow)

I can't find anything about transdermal absorbtion of propylene glycol except Wiley InterScience :: Session Cookies which discusses a premature infant who went into a coma from transdermal absorbtion of PE and various patents for transdermal absorbtion creams which use PE. These products would all involve another alcohol as well, I don't think pure PE crosses the skin.

Anyway, I would still err on the side of caution.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the minister is covering his own tracks.. nipping something in the bud quickly he sees as a future problem.. dead children to be over the top and follow frankies lead..

if he permits children to die he will be held accountable.. so he rapidly takes the safe option of bans the potential problem..

the rules to this game are simple ones.. the more freedoms mother takes away the less harm her children are likely to come to..

the state now thinks its our mother.. it acts just like a real one will.. keeps her kids out of harms way even if it does bugger up their fun..

understand the rules and it all makes sense.. and there isnt any answer to it..

the less the kids are allowed to get up to the safer they will be.. the state is now our mother.. it is also frightened of being accused of not doing its job.. and it will ban everything in the end.. assuming the kids are daft enough to let it.. at the moment it seems they are..

trog

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Trog, you are right on. And you're old enough to remember freedom. I used to play anywhere until dusk/supper and my mother didn't need to worry. My little grandchildren have cell phones and GPS-tracking sneakers. Their movements are restricted by momma.

Childhood loss of freedom follows fears that momma will be blamed if trouble occurs.

Same with countries. Nanny makes us safe by taking away that which made us free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread