Looking for a new BF RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
@Psyentist, have you ever tried a small diameter bottom airflow rda?

It's where you get the most flavour over clouds, but you still get plenty of clouds.

I can’t say I have to be honest mate. Actually the only rda I’ve tried is the Asgard, hah. I’ve been vaping sub ohm tanks for the last 18ish months and recently got LV drone as it works well with a 510 dry herb atty I have. Figured I’d get a squonk atty to make the most of the drone. The Asgard seems nice, main reason I got it was it fit the drone well and people seemed to like it. I don’t have any friends that vape either so I can’t try their gear out. Trial and error for me. Sorry for the off topic post.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
What I am looking for -
  • Squonk pin (obviously but had to state it)
  • Single coil. I have a lot of Dual+ coil RDAs and they do not get used very much, if at all
  • Exceptional Flavor. The two RDAs that I love are the Gorge and the Hadaly, both provide great flavor. I would get more of these if I could find them
  • Something readily available and $40 or under. When I find one I like, I like to buy multiples. This is very hard to do, if I have to either win a spot on a list to buy one or try and justify to the wife why I need to spend hundreds of dollars on vape stuff when I have a whole collection in the den. And yes I tried the shoe argument, it didn't work.

Suggestion: Gorge -- $21.48 Authentic ADVKEN Gorge RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 304 stainless steel / 24mm diameter / dual-bevel airflow system / bottom refilling design at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Hey All,
I am looking for a new RDA, and with the number out there, I figured I would ask for recommendations rather than buy one of everything to find what I like (though that would be fun too if I could get the wife to sign off on it o_O)

What I am looking for -
  • Squonk pin (obviously but had to state it)
  • Single coil. I have a lot of Dual+ coil RDAs and they do not get used very much, if at all
  • Exceptional Flavor. The two RDAs that I love are the Gorge and the Hadaly, both provide great flavor. I would get more of these if I could find them
  • Something readily available and $40 or under. When I find one I like, I like to buy multiples. This is very hard to do, if I have to either win a spot on a list to buy one or try and justify to the wife why I need to spend hundreds of dollars on vape stuff when I have a whole collection in the den. And yes I tried the shoe argument, it didn't work.
Let me know what you recommend
For single coil squonk rdas I'd recommend the Tobhino by Wismec (one of JayBo's designs when he still worked there), the original Recurve by Wotofo ( if you can get the 22mm cap do it. much less hassle with airflow), the Oumier Wasp Nano (but don't get the Ultem cap version) and the Asmodus C4. All of these have great flavour and sorry that I don't have links but you should be able to get all these for well under $40 each.
Good hunting!!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
A cheap option with massive airflow and good quality materials and machining is Thunderhead Creations Tauren SOLO.

Screenshot_20191016-141031_Samsung Internet.jpg

At $18.25 it's well worth it, I use one with a 6 wrap SS316L flat wire coil (0.68mm × 0.27mm) at 0.35 ohms and it doesn't get hot at all. You do get a fair amount of vapour, but there's also plenty of flavour.

Psyentist

Oct 11, 2019
Bo worries @Psyentist, it's one of the main issues with vaping. You have no way to try things to find out what you like until you buy it and try it.

If you can still find Entheon clones, they're well worth a buy though. As they're a really nice single coil DTL RDA.

I didn’t realise fast tech was so cheap! Ordered an entheon and a Kennedy clone last night, try out these smaller attys. Let the trial and error begin. :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Psyentist, at some of their prices you don't have that much to lose.

Just always try that MAP code at checkout, sometimes you can end up nicely suprised.

You also have 2fdeal, sourcemore and 3avape for another couple of places to get RBA's and other vape bits and pieces. 2fdeal has a lot of Ulton clones and they're very good quality, o rings though like everything cheap and Chinese are not great of course but they can be replaced easily enough.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I didn’t realise fast tech was so cheap! Ordered an entheon and a Kennedy clone last night, try out these smaller attys. Let the trial and error begin. :)
With Fasstech clones, especially the Kennedy clones, be careful using them on a hybrid mech mod. Make sure they have a protruding 510 pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread