Looking for the next step

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
I have been enjoying my spinners and twists for the last couple of months and I'm now looking for the next step. I'm not sure I want to lay out the cash for a Provari, so I was wondering if there are any recommendations for something in between. I'm basically looking for something with more battery life. I've looked at several other mods, but I wanted to see if there was any consensus on the boards of which might be better.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TheDarthJager

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Texas
That totally depends on your preference and needs. I've got an iTaste SVD and I love it though I know other people may not think its a worthwhile device. My recommendation is to do some research. I went to my local store and asked them based on what I wanted and I should look at and they suggested some devices and they gave me a list of devices to check out. I went on and got a Phil Busardo's youtube channel and check out his reviews until I found one that I liked and was affordable.

I strongly recommend watching his youtube reviews, I find them really helpful when making a purchase.

In the for what its worth category what is it that your wanting out of your next device?

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
An SVD, MVP, or a Vamo would be my suggestion. I'm partial to the SVD, but that's just me being biased. If you're going for a tube mod, you're going to need external batteries (the SVD can take 18350, 18500, or 18650 batteries, the Vamo either 19350's or 18650's), and a battery charger. Unless the vendor supplies them in a kit. However, I wouldn't trust ANY battery charger that is included in a kit. Best to toss the included charger completely and buy a Trustfire or Nitecore charger.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I'd save for the Provari but if you don't want to do that, maybe try an MVP.

I can see you're new here by your post count, but I'm not going to assume you're new to vaping. The one thing that gets some people riled up here on ECF is when a poster creates a post about buying a mod and SPECIFICALLY says they aren't interested in a Provari, and someone comes along and says, "Get a/save up for a Provari."

It's not doing much to help their situation. Best not even to utter the P-word in a thread if the OP said they're not interested. Sure way to kick start a flame war.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Too true, replies do often lose sight of what the OP was after. But Nathek, imo, while offering what he'd / she'd do, did also offer a reasonable alternative.

The MVP is a solid box mod, 2600 mAh, so fits the longer life. But does NOT use a replaceable battery. I've had mine since January, and like it a lot, no problems. But as with any non-replaceable, when the battery pack eventually dies, the whole unit becomes a paper weight.

And not everyone likes a box shape PV.

Yes, OP, more info on what type of device you're looking for...

Nathek

Jul 9, 2013
KY, USA
I can see you're new here by your post count, but I'm not going to assume you're new to vaping. The one thing that gets some people riled up here on ECF is when a poster creates a post about buying a mod and SPECIFICALLY says they aren't interested in a Provari, and someone comes along and says, "Get a/save up for a Provari."

It's not doing much to help their situation. Best not even to utter the P-word in a thread if the OP said they're not interested. Sure way to kick start a flame war.
Show me anywhere OP said SPECIFICALLY about not wanting a P-word? "Not sure" isn't specific in any way shape or form. You're the one wanting to start a flame war. OP is looking for advice, I gave mine. Move on.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Show me anywhere OP said SPECIFICALLY about not wanting a P-word? "Not sure" isn't specific in any way shape or form. You're the one wanting to start a flame war. OP is looking for advice, I gave mine. Move on.

Whoa, there, cowboy. You need to check yourself.

Do a forum search and see how often I provoke flame wars.

TheDarthJager

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2013
Texas

Whoa, whoa. Easy now, no harm was meant. Provari is an awesome device and no one is saying what you said didn't have merit. What we just wanted to avoid is since the Provari is a much loved device we simply didn't want someone to misinterpret some that might be said and get offended.

Lets just acknowledge the comment and see what the OP thinks of our feedback.

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA

You're right, I'm not new to vaping. Just been off regular cigarettes a little over a month. I started with V2 cigarettes, then I found this site and purchased a starter kit from myvapestore.com. Now I'm hooked on RY4s and Raspberry juice. (lol)

I like the Provari, but I'm just not ready for that yet, at least I don't think so. I have started to to my research, figured I'd start here get some kind of starting point.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
In addition to the box mods, there are lots of tube types. Are you interested in VV, VW, both? Neither? (I.e. mechanicals) Do you want to drip or stay with clearo / carto tank? There's lots of stuff out there, and without some better idea of what you're after, it's hard to narrow it down.

Price range?

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I was replying to Nathek.

Don't feel the need to be pushed into a Provari. Honestly, you can get similar performance from most Chinese mods. That may incite rage in Provarinati's, but that's OK.

The Provari is American-made and built to almost military standards and can take a licking and keep on ticking. Chinese mods, not so much. BUT, if you are careful and take care of your device, a Chinese mod will take of you, too.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
The MVP is a nice mod, and cheap! It has a 2600 mah battery and vv plus it looks good. If you're curious about a mod do some research. Read good & bad reviews. If the mod has some faults and people have complained enough, you'll have a pretty good idea of what's in store if you buy it :) That's what I did with the MVP. It does a dry burn at 999 puffs, but mine has yet to do it. Mostly because I power it off around 900 puffs to reset the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread